can you retro fit paking sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you retro fit paking sensors

got a 13 plate ds3 dstyle and managed to get my hands on parking sensors from a different car when I have went to fit there is no wiring on the loom to fit them, is there any way I can patch them in to the existing harness, I traced the wires there's a red white and green wire left, I assume 2 wires are power and 1 is the "data" for beeper does anybody know which is which. Any help appreciated and if manage will upload instructions.

thanks

Not sure myself, but look forward to finding out - might be good for others

Do you have the orange and black radio display? And if so, like this or the other

Do you also have the rear diffuser with the sensor points?
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I know dealers can fit a parking sensor system so it must be possible, having done a search though I can't find a step by step on how to do it.

Good luck
      sigpic

Comment

Good news you can retro fit sensors.Are you looking to fit front or rear sensors?My vehicle came with rear sensors as standard so i retro fitted the front ones.
        I have just had my car back from the body shop today.They replaced the front bumper (accident damage) from old style 2010 model to the new 2016 facelift model.
        I have taken the front sensor kit and wiring loom from my old front bumper and plan to retro fit the same sensor system on the new facelift bumper.This won't happen
        until next weekend.Then i will upload photo's and detailed description of how to complete the task.I also retro fitted heated seats and if any body is interested the
        photo's and explanation on how to do this is on the site forum already.
        Cheers
        Marky

Comment

I didn't go for parking sensors though I'm kinda wishing I did. Anyone any idea if I can get them fitted and how much it would be?

Comment

Phone your local dealer, the job is not that expensive plus having it fitted by the Citroen/DS agent helps to avoid issues down the line with warranty.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Just retro fitted front sensors to 2016 facelift model.Three hours £65.00.Don't try this at home.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0356.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	360559Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0358.JPG
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	360560Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0361.JPG
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	360561Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0364.JPG
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	360562Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0385.JPG
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	360563Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0386.JPG
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	360564

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Every credit to you Marky. I would never ever even contemplate trying something good like that myself, as I know I'm not competent enough, so well done to you!
                DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                X