GUIDE: Peugeot 207 GTi Bucket Seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUIDE: Peugeot 207 GTi Bucket Seats

Since this is a popular mod, and nobody's put together a dedicated guide yet, I thought I'd throw one together.

Sorry there are no pictures, a) because I forgot, and b) because it's very simple - when looking at the wiring looms side by side everything is really easy to work out.

Notes:
    - I went from lowest grade seats to buckets.
    - My base car was a 2011 DStyle Plus
    - The 2016+ models and the sports seats in the DSport/Prestige/Ultra Prestige may have slightly different wiring but the same process applies.

1) Remove the front seats using a torx 40 socket attachment and the guide located here: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....ght=repository

2) Flip both seats onto their backs and have each side by side with the replacement bucket seat

3) Remove the black sheaths from each wiring plug by pushing down a lever on one side and sliding it out sideways. You will need to cut off a cable tie to fully remove it.

PASSENGER SIDE:
    4) The original seat has 6 wires and pins. Note their locations.
    - 1x Yellow, 1x Orange: Side airbags. Identical location on old and new seat
    - 2x Black: Earth wires
    - 1x Blue, 1x Green: Seatbelt warning sensor, and I think the seatbelt pretensioner. Or the child seat sensor as the driver's seat lacks it.
    One leads to a black plug, one leads to a white plug under the seat. Note which goes where.

The bucket seat has 5 wires and pins:
    - 1x Yellow, 1x Orange: As above
    - 1x Thicker Yellow/Green: Both earth wires combined
    - 1x Cream, 1x Greyish: Seatbelt/pretensioner/child seat/whatever (as above)
    Again, one leads to a black plug, one leads to a white plug under the seat. Note which goes where.

5) Leave the airbag pins where they are. Use a mini screwdriver or other pointy device to poke the clips on the side of the plug to release the green/yellow, cream, and grey wires.

6) Match up the wires and attached pins with the wires on the original plug. You can put the green/yellow wire in either of the black wire positions. Make sure the pins click into place.

7) Replace the black sheath

DRIVER SIDE:
    Similar process as above, but the original seat only has 5 wires and pins. Follow the wires to the black and white plugs and switch the new seat's pins as necessary. The yellow and orange wires never change position. By this point you'll have got the hang of it and should only take 2 minutes.

8) Refit the new seats using the reverse process in step 1

9) Test that the seatbelt warning functions work by taking a short drive up and down your road, getting past 10mph. If the airbag wires were accidentally moved, you will get an airbag disconnected warning on the centre screen.

Enjoy your new bucket seats!

Any questions I will do my best to answer, as I do plan to stick around on the forum even after moving on from a DS3 some way down the line
    Last edited by BenS; 13-11-2016, 09:21.
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Thanks Ben
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Strange O.o
      The EU Version was a straight swap for me
      Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
      DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
        Strange O.o
        The EU Version was a straight swap for me
        You had the DS3R seats though, the Peugeot GTi ones are wired differently for no apparent reason
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

But I saw the 207 GTi seats in other DS3s and talked with the owners. It was a straight swap for them too.
          Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
          DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Nice guide Ben.
            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Either the EU spec is the same or they only kept the airbag functionality and lost the other functions. Interesting point; for anyone new doing it, still follow the wires and if they're all the same then it's plug'n'play I guess.
              Join the Facebook Group!
              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Moved to Guides
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                  Moved to Guides
                  I only just realised the other day that there was a guide section! Oops and thanks!
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                  X