Wireless Transmission - Bluetooth AD2P/AVRCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Transmission - Bluetooth AD2P/AVRCP

Anyone know when this year the Bluetooth will be enabled/updated to take wireless music from Smart phones? The brochure says 'Available during the Year'. My wife has just this week ordered a new 150 THP with Myway City Signature which I know does not have USB. The wireless transfer would make a good alternative I guess.

I do not fancy burning MP3 files to a CD, what other work arounds are there to allow many MP3 files to be accessed easliy with Myway City Sig. Someone mentioned the cig lighter/12 volt, does anyone know how this works if we are too soon for the bluetooth. Thanks in anticipation of any help.

November apparently.

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...Way-On-The-Way!

Stef
    2 X Citroen DS3 Racings - Both rejected

Comment

Since i got my DS3 August 2010 i been able to stream music via bluetooth from my iPhone4, so don't know if thats a HiFi package feature og the MyWay is different from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eiken View Post
        Since i got my DS3 August 2010 i been able to stream music via bluetooth from my iPhone4, so don't know if thats a HiFi package feature og the MyWay is different from that.
        If you have the sat nav the music stream option is not currently available along with the USB port deletion of course.

Stef

Comment

Stef,

Check this link: http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenge...uk/ds3-uk.html

The text two thirds of the way down states:

Citroën’s integrated satellite navigation and entertainment system, MyWay, offers European-wide guidance with live traffic updates all displayed on a full-colour 7” wide screen. The standard specification CD player is MP3 compatible, and Bluetooth® allows hands-free telephony and wireless music streaming.

I have looked through the rest of the detail and can find nowt that suggests it is a future option. Eiken seems to think his system is configured. Hope so coz Pierre is about to start putting the wifeys THP together!

Comment

Originally posted by Riggs55 View Post
            Stef,

Check this link: http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenge...uk/ds3-uk.html

The text two thirds of the way down states:

Citroën’s integrated satellite navigation and entertainment system, MyWay, offers European-wide guidance with live traffic updates all displayed on a full-colour 7” wide screen. The standard specification CD player is MP3 compatible, and Bluetooth® allows hands-free telephony and wireless music streaming.

I have looked through the rest of the detail and can find nowt that suggests it is a future option. Eiken seems to think his system is configured. Hope so coz Pierre is about to start putting the wifeys THP together!
            Ah yes, but notice the full stop between "..........full-colour 7" wide screen. The standard specification CD player is............................"

That suggests the standard specification with Bluetooth does, but it doesn't suggest that the sat nav does if you catch my drift?

My Myway definitely does not stream but I understand it's on the way as per my other thread.

Stef

Comment

Stef,

Thanks for clearing that up, Inspector Clueso aint got nothin on you. I read it too quick and can now see what you mean.

That is two good functions lost beacuse an upgrade is selected, the USB and Audio Streaming, what were they thinking. Made me think twice now whether the Sat Nav was worth it, it does fill the dash nice though! Hopefully it will be sorted soon, a glovebox full of CD's is not what we want!

Comment

Never mind, I'm sure we'll all look forward to the upgrade in November, and of course the labour charge incurred for the privilege!

Stef

Comment

Don't worry guys. I've picked up my DS3 with HiFi package, but without the MyWay and I can stream music via Bluetooth using my HTC Desire, but the quality of the music is very poorly. Sounds like using mp3's with a very low bitrate. So don't get your hopes up too high .

Comment

Stefan,

Thanks, I will revise my expectations and avoid too much excitement if and when streaming arrives for the bluetooth version. The DS3 will be the wifes car, she only likes Take That anyway so we are not missing much. If I want to listen to music played properly on the journey I will use my Audi A4 with Bang and Olufsen!

Comment

Working...
                    X