This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to: Remove dash panel

Another amazing how to from www.ds3spirit.com With thanks to them and Eiken who brought these guides to our attention.

Google translate, aplogies. But the photo's are fab.

A little tutorial for those wishing to dismantle the dashboard to either change or modif to diverse
    So to start the cache must be removed by pulling the meter as shown in the photo (thank you for moutmout photos)

After you must detach the leather part of the cache:

Once the cache requires dismantling the meter removed the center console in black lacquered before continuing dismantling of the dashboard!

So once the center console is removed may have to continue to remove the bulk of the dashboard!
    As shown in the picture must be drawn to the board is to detach:

Once the start is detached will have to spend the hands behind the plate while pulling is to continue to unclip the rest.
    First, from above:

Then from below:

This time it is completely dismantled it is important not to forget to disconnect the two connectors of the button locking doors as well as the warning!

A small photo of the back of the board:

And a panel without the board:

Original guide on DS3Spirit

Photos and guide for reference, if you break it, don't blame me! Nor DS3club.co.uk. Just offering some help and guidance as to how you could remove your dash.
    Last edited by WTF; 27-06-2011, 21:20.
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

I've just followed the instructions above, and they are pretty much spot on. The only thing I'd say is that I had another dash ready to replace my original, so when things refused to come apart I had another one to look at so I could suss out where to apply pressure and which direction.

The most difficult parts to remove are the side airvents - my NS one just wouldn't come out and had almost given up - the knack I think is to use squeeze down the upper air vent bit whilst sort of rotating it down a bit. The gloss black / carbon fibre trim does come off the guts of the air vent, and will start to do so if you put a lot of pressure on it to force the vent out. Better to try and grip the vent itself as it's more substantial.

The only casualty was a crack in the clear plastic cover which sits over the fuel tank / info display, where the clip that retains the bezels passes thru, and when I popped the clip it must have just dragged on the clear dial cover. Hopefully some superglue run into the crack will seal it up.

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the update
      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

i may not ahve a choice but to give this a go, as soon as the car is warm the dash rattles just above the LCD screen :mad:

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          Another amazing how to from www.ds3spirit.com With thanks to them and Eiken who brought these guides to our attention.

Google translate, aplogies. [/B]
          "Aplogies" accepted!

JB

Comment

Originally posted by Grantandrew2014 View Post
            i may not ahve a choice but to give this a go, as soon as the car is warm the dash rattles just above the LCD screen :mad:
            Pretty sure there is an info rapide for this, the dealer should fix it for you (they basically put some foam in to stop the rattle).
            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              Pretty sure there is an info rapide for this, the dealer should fix it for you (they basically put some foam in to stop the rattle).
              There is

http://mybrennan.co.uk/irs/affiche.pdf
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

A couple of Citroen Service documents for removing parts of the dashboard are present within the File Repository as well
                ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                Bigfeet's File Repository
                The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

cheers for the info fellas ill take it back to the dealer for them to have a look, its driving me insane :mad:

Comment

How come i cant view the photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Ltodd98 View Post
                      How come i cant view the photos?
                      Ask those greedy bastards at photo bucket.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Try the link in here
                        http://www.ds3club.co.uk/forum/ds3/d...uments-for-ds3
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Just a quick question does anyone know if the dash panels are interchangeable throughout out the models. I'd like to try and fit a 2017 sat nav panel in a 2010 non sat nav.

Thanks Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Chriseyj View Post
                            Just a quick question does anyone know if the dash panels are interchangeable throughout out the models. I'd like to try and fit a 2017 sat nav panel in a 2010 non sat nav.

Thanks Chris
                            Yes you can but you'd need to change the head unit and code it to your car too.
                            - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                            - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                            X