Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get access to the gear oil fill entry

Hi,

As a few others, I managed to spill somme of the gear oil while changing the left front spring :-/

On YouTube I found a short video showing where the fill and top level holes are located on a DS3. But unfortunately I have no such holes on my car, which is a Diesel 110 hp DS3.

As far as I can tell, my gearbox must have the fill hole at the top, like on the drawing on:
    "MC MANUAL GEARBOX AND BVM6 AND EP6DT INJECTION.pdf" found in Bigfeet's excellent File Repository.

Does anyone know how to access this fill hole in the easiest way?

Hopefylly your answer does not start with: Remove the engine... :-)

Johny

The EP6DT is the code for the THP150 turbo petrol engine, which explains why you can't find it on your diesel. Try searching specifically for the HDi 110 or e-HDi 110 depending on which you have.

Not a diesel owner myself so can't help out, sorry!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

That is the correct gearbox the THP and 110 diesel use the same just different gear sets.
      Originally posted by cyclone
      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
      Originally posted by Broda
      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Ah right read the file name wrong, thought it referred only to the THP
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

cyclone :Yes, I think I read that the two have the same gearbox housing. But I would expect that the access route to the fill hole might be different though.

Comment

:-)

If you know how, everything is easy.

My life is hard...
            Attached Files

Comment

Would have liked also to upload the description on how to get to the success picture shown in the last post, But I got a message that my (docx) attachtment of 2.35MB exceeds the limit of 878.9 KB.

Ok, converted it into PDF and tried again, now the complaint is: 448.6 KB exceeds the limit of 19.5 KB

So this forum is just as complicated as a french car it seems!

Giving up.

Johny

Comment

Just copy and paste the doc into the reply box

Might take several posts depending on how big it is.

Or upload the PDF to Google Drive and share the link here.
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Well, pasting it here does not show the pictures :-(

So I have put it here:
                  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...DBpVktWODhRbWc

But take a copy if you are interested, it will not stay there forever.

Johny

Comment

Sorry to bring back a dead thread but i cant seem to find anything on this subject anywhere with up to date links. I did the same thing on my 5 speed hdi fap 90 and cant find any useful information on what gearbox i might have and how to drain and fill it. Any advice or guidance would go a long way, thanks

Comment

Hopefully the next person in my situation finds this to be some help, my car is a 2014 1.6hdi 90 with a 5 speed gearbox. I used 75w80 GL-4 oil. My car had a leveller port which made this job incredibly easy. Whipped off both the under trays and then removed the nearside arch liner, few screws and clips and it comes out. Not really a necessity to remove the arch liner but i wanted to see behind the wing anyway and fix a a flappy bumper. Then the leveller port is just above and to the left of where the driveshaft is. Once i drained the oil i put 2L back in. The official specs i found said the gearbox needs 2L of oil +\- 100ml and that roughly 100ml will stay in the gearbox after draining. I hope this helps. I did this because i pulled my driveshaft out while replacing a lower ball joint and lost about 300ml of oil. However my car is on 87K and has benefitted nicely from fresh oil with a sharper more precise gear change and probably a much better chance of surviving a while longer. If you have a gearbox like mine it is probably worth doing next time you change your oil as its an incredibly easy job once you have it sussed out. If you have one where you have to fill through the breather i imagine it would be more challenging but still worth it if you’re approaching six digit mileage. The breather isnt hard to locate as it will hopefully be the only oily thing on the top of your gearbox, below the pipes going from your airbox to air filter and then from there to your turbo on 1.6 diesels.

Comment

Hi Jamesp03
                        you are the owner of the easy to access gearbox oil plug.

I have updated the link to the description of the more difficult version that I have

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3H...j6wqFplmEyOcsw

Best regards,
                        Johny

Comment

Working...
                        X