Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D8S Bulb replacement

Hi people.

I need to replace the D8S bulbs on my DS3 as one has failed. Is it as simple as it seems? Remove the rubber cover. Disconnect the cable. Push the plastic ring so it turns about 30degrees. Pull the bulb out carefully. Reverse procedure for the new bulb. I see the bulb is gripped by a square of metal fingers. I presume that twisting the plastic ring back the bulb is locked into place.

Thanks for any help/advice.

Hi people. It seems it is that method. I successfully swapped out both bulbs this morning. Wear disposable gloves to protect the glass from skin oil contamination. The hardest bit is removing and replacing the cables. There is no slack. Push the plug connector down to just clear the socket on the bulb. This allows you to carefully remove the bulb from the metal fingers after using the plastic tab to twist the holding ring. Refitting is the reverse. It was a bit of an effort to replace the connector plug. It would help if I had small fingers. Oh and on the passenger side remove the fuse box cover to give more wriggle room. But success!

Comment

Working...
    X