Wiring Loom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Loom

Hi, does any person know how to or have any info on websites that tell we how to put my 7 way bypass relay onto the back lights wiring loom?. It's for my trailer lights.

i recommend you to get the original kit.. or else you can kiss your warranty goodbye unfortunately..
    Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Have diagnostic Lexia/Diagbox Tool

Comment

Hi supernielsen. The original kit will cost just as much as the tow bar, so when i spoke to my dealer he said it would be ok to use a 7 way bypass relay (to get round the can-bus electrics) and use scotch blocks on to the back light wires, but they could not tell me what colors the wire are for the brakes, lights, indicator, reverse and fog. Would you know the colours of wires?.

Comment

i asked my dealer for a price to fit a towbar they told me rather nervously to go to a 3rd party lol. does this mean they dont care what you use?

Comment

I wouldn't be trying to splice the rear lights and definitely not adding scotch blocks to the wiring either. As so as you do that it's goodbye warranty and most dealers ( I know we would ) would veto doing warranty work on the car. Had a customer with a Berlingo did what you are suggesting and he ended up frying the electrics - total cost over £3500 to sort.

Do yourself a favour and just get the correct wiring kit, it could save you loads of headache in the future.
          Last edited by Bigfeet; 25-04-2012, 15:54.
          ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

I can definately get the colors for you no problem just tell me what engine you have in the car an which transmission Then i think i can get the colors for you..

But if you use warranty despite what the dealer says you ARE kissing you warranty goodbye unfortunately

But engine and transmission and i can find the colors..
            Last edited by supernielsen; 25-04-2012, 16:02.
            Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Comment

btw ive seen scotch blocks set cars wiring into fire.. And thats more than once.. i can get you the wiring diagram for det rearlights but you have to figure the rest out yourself..
              Skilled Citroen Mechanic

Comment

Working...
              X