Neil's DS3-Racing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil's DS3-Racing thread

Had the car about 2 months now and haven't really done much other than drive it, clean it and sit endlessly at night looking up mods for the power increases lol.

Here's some pics of the car when we first got it and I took it up to the unit to get cleaned.

After 2 months of ownership I decided its time to get the car checked out running wise, Citroen has fitted a new throttle body recently to the car from a sticking actuator so we booked the car into Sitech Racing for a dyno check. The car came out running absolutely bang on as you'll see below. Excuse the dirt on it this time it was used for a week flat out and I was ill - it did get washed after this honest :cool:

As you'll see the cars running absolutely perfect, not a fault with it really apart from at times it was holding back on the rollers on a couple earlier runs with traction issues on the computer. Really happy with how the car is for a base to start off with.

Decided this weekend that I was going to start the modifying process with some breathing mods, so I've went and plunged in for the Green panel filter system.

I'm not too sure on the forge air filter setup for the Racing engine's yet, and wanted to keep the standard box on for now so this will do the job nicely. Bit expensive at £63 for a panel filter but not breaking the bank compared to my Cosworth's filters

Next mod will be getting a new exhaust on, followed by the forge piston dump valve, boost hoses and hardpipe kit and then look at a sports cat and getting the front mount intercooler ordered up for it with the catch tank mod as well. Should have most of this done by about the end of the year before it gets a remap and look at turbo change options and a forged engine later on next year once i've got rid of a few other cars in the fleet and finished in the new house as well.
    2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Sounds like you have a solid plan. Look forward to seeing your results
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Nice plans mate! good to see KEZ going strong too!
      C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Nice one Neil- all good mods
        Maybe a dual catch can rather than just front
        New intercooler- very nice.

Any plans for forged pistons and head or that further down the line?
        Good Luck
        sigpic
        Jog on Noddy

Comment

Full forged bottom end will be done eventually and a TD05 Andy Forrest turbo is planned. It'll be long term but I hope to have the car sitting around 350ish.

Den - yeah still going strong daily as well. Not used much now with the racing here - done 800 miles in 9 months with her but still starts first turn of the key every time! New lockups being built to store it in and I can get the bodywork tidied up and get her back to some meets and events!
          2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Comment

Originally posted by neil View Post

Den - yeah still going strong daily as well. Not used much now with the racing here - done 800 miles in 9 months with her but still starts first turn of the key every time! New lockups being built to store it in and I can get the bodywork tidied up and get her back to some meets and events!
            I look forward to it!
            C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

The photo above of the poor racing parked v close to the wall made me nervous Personally I'd wedge the C2 in there (no one will care if that is damaged - lol) and ensure the Racing has a space and a bit
              sigpic

Comment

Was about to say that the Racing's close to that wall ! haha

Look forward to seeing it Neil !

Comment

Your Ds3 Racing looks amazing, a real head turner.

Comment

Forge piston dump valve ordered tonight, hopefully have it on by next weekend, then end of the month order a few other pieces up - not sure on exhaust system yet looking at either mongoose or miltek
                    2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      The photo above of the poor racing parked v close to the wall made me nervous Personally I'd wedge the C2 in there (no one will care if that is damaged - lol) and ensure the Racing has a space and a bit
                      I parked it that close so nobody can get near them when I was on holiday. I could get closer if need be lol.

I'd care about that c2 being damaged its like my child the wars we have been though and changes. Den/zack/Emily and a few others on here know what I mean with this car lol
                      2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Comment

Ok forge blow off arrives tomorrow at work, just about to get it fitted this week and then car will stay as this for a month or so, got a few things to sort out for getting the c2 prepped and stripped ready for the new engine build, and then get rid of another shell, and then I'll get back on this with the exhaust system and a remap.
                        2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Comment

Originally posted by neil View Post
                          Ok forge blow off arrives tomorrow at work, just about to get it fitted this week and then car will stay as this for a month or so, got a few things to sort out for getting the c2 prepped and stripped ready for the new engine build, and then get rid of another shell, and then I'll get back on this with the exhaust system and a remap.
                          Very Jelly !

Comment

JUST FOR YOU ZACK

2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Comment

Forge BOV fitted now - sounds not too bad, need more power now, next up will be the exhaust to get done i reckon. Looking at either Mongoose or a stainless custom made system to get done for it. Will leave the sports cat off for now to see how far i can go first then i'll get the cat changed after the warranty is up next year.

Should have really got more done but picked up this engine for the C2 - gonna be fun working out how to fit this up and make it work with the canbus system as well!

2012 DS3-R

If in doubt, flat out

Comment

Working...
                              X