Peters big build :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peters big build :D

So yeah as the title states I'm gonna get a big build under way soon! As it stands I have fitted a straight through exhaust system , forge adapter plate and a k and n panel filter. My car is booked in with jamie on Tuesday to be mapped up and then progress will stop till I get my other mods collected. In the very near future I'm going to perform a greddy turbo conversion with custom manifold, oil catch can fitted possibly a twin, decat pipe, front and rear strut braces, some lowering springs and some wossner forged pistons and conrod gonna rebuild the engine with stronger components too as ultimately I wish to obtain 300bhp. My plan also is to fit an up rated clutch , water meth system , arp headbolts and bigger brakes hoping for some brembo gt's, some sparco seats and custom rear bench to save weight want to get as close to 1000kg as possible . Just noticed I forgot the forge blow off valve and hard pipe kit ! Might aswell up rate the boost and coolant pipes whilst I am there. I'm hoping me and jamie can use my car as a sort of prototype to see if we can get this power out the ds3 reliably although I need to speak with him Tuesday about it! So yeah that's my big build/progress thread pretty much wrapped up I'd appreciate any feedback positive or negative as a last note I'm thinking of wrapping the exterior matte black and doing the roof and chrome bits in HOK candy green should be fun .
    Using Tapatalk

Sounds like you know what you're doing and I'm sure Jamie can help as well. I think the colour scheme will work as it will have shades of Liam Doran's Monster rally-cross car but without being an outright copy

Lots of progress pics would be good, and be nice for you to get it along to meets if you can
    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Wow that's a nice amount of work Peter, look forward to seeing this develop
      sigpic

Comment

Take my hat off to u pal!!

Comment

Please put a dual catch can on first or you can say goodbye to the engine
          Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

You forgot the bhp gains from your club stickers
            My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Ahh yes how silly of me Joni and thanks guys yeah I went to my first meet at french car show and I intend to attend more ! Dual catch can it is then thanks for your advice toxic ! And don't worry I'll be taking lots of pics from now on ! Fingers crossed I'm going for a one off special and you are right it's more of a homage to Liam Dorans ds3 instead of a copy I'll keep you all posted !!!!
              Using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, I'll be following this thread! An ambitious plan!

Comment

Think 300 is pushing it a little from your THP lump but good luck !

Comment

So extremely annoyed at myself for putting on an exhaust system which caused me to lose 15bhp maybe more because by removing the backbox I eliminated the right amount of back pressure etc .... Stock box is back on today and sounds lame �� but hoping power is back will take it for a spin later ! If all is well I can take it back to jamie and get it mapped this time ! Time will tell but it's left me feeling a bit lacklustered to say the least
                    Using Tapatalk

Comment

It's a turbo not NA the less back pressure the better. Now it could have been shit for another reason.
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

It's only a small turbo and they still require an amount of back pressure to spool up properly I'm only slightly down on boost but Ecu shows no fault codes after being plugged in and aside from a noisy clutch release bearing no obvious mechanical faults or obvious boost leaks and as air/fuel ratio is spot on I'm taking a stab that it's the only bit I've changed ! Simply because running no backbox seemed to make it a bit torque less low end
                        Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Peter BOOSTED Wardle View Post
                          So extremely annoyed at myself for putting on an exhaust system which caused me to lose 15bhp maybe more because by removing the backbox I eliminated the right amount of back pressure etc .... Stock box is back on today and sounds lame �� but hoping power is back will take it for a spin later ! If all is well I can take it back to jamie and get it mapped this time ! Time will tell but it's left me feeling a bit lacklustered to say the least
                          This doesn't make sense..

On a turbo petrol you shouldn't be losing that much power by creating more room for the exhaust gasses to escape.

I'd be looking for a boost leak somewhere else as a possibility.

How are you recording the the loss of power? On an actual dyno? Has the lost power come back since putting the OEM exhaust back on?
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Bigger diameter and less restrictive exhaust/cat = much more BHP
                            Got around 12BHP with my exhaust and sports cat, (+Performance air filter) proven by James

Better for the engine too. less stress and emissions out quicker (Sounds almost rude that lol)
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              How are you recording the the loss of power? On an actual dyno? Has the lost power come back since putting the OEM exhaust back on?
                              I think Pete discovered this when he took it to Jamie for a remap, the dyno reading was down a lot more than Jamie was happy with.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X