Oil ok on dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil ok on dash

Hi all I am a new member and have just taken delivery of ad style + hdi 90 had the car 2 weeks really pleased with it but looking through the hand book it should have a oil ok come up on the dash where the fuel gauge is when you first turn the ignition on it then should go out with the engine running now my car does not say anything other than the usual lights etc .now I drive a 14 plate berlingo van and my son drives a 14 dispatch and my next door neighbour has a 12 plate C3 and they all say oil ok on ignition .
    I returned it to the dealer as checked a couple DS3 s they had in stock and they had oil ok
    They worked on the car for 2 hours and checked everything out and told it should be working but don't know why .they got back to me today to tell me they had been in touch with citroen tech and were told cars built from NOV 13 have had this deleted they don't put on anymore ,now I find this strange as it is a very good thing to have so I don't know if the dealer is trying to fob me off does anybody know any different
    Thanks glynn1961

Thats sounds familiar, I think someone, maybe Bigfeet posted about it previously.....
    sigpic

Comment

Hi do you know when as I have had a quick look through 54 pages and didn't see anything ?

Comment

I looked last night for you too, however the search terms - oil and ok are too short..... I will see if I can get Biggie to pop in
        sigpic

Comment

It may well be broken or you may not have it? From the handbook, Engine oil level indicator* and at bottom of page *Depending on version.
          Originally posted by cyclone
          It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
          Originally posted by Broda
          I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

*sigh*.....some dealers......!

There was a PIB in November which told the network about this change.
            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
            Bigfeet's File Repository
            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

You cant beat checking the oil manually, once a week with a cold engine, on a flat surface
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

So it he dealer could be telling me the truth and citroen have deleted this feature many thanks for clearing this up .

Comment

I don't have this on mine either, just an oil can warning light on left side for a few seconds on start-up

Comment

I checked mine today and mine says it where the mileage is. '14 plate delivered in March.

Comment

Do you know when yours was actually built mk2k41 ?
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't have a clue mate.

Comment

I have it on mine too.14 plate delivered July

Comment

It was only deleted on the Diesel versions of the car.
                            ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                            Bigfeet's File Repository
                            The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet View Post
                              It was only deleted on the Diesel versions of the car.
                              Diesels not need oil warnings then?
                              sigpic
                              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...
                              X