Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slowly but surely. An American with a Citroen in South America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slowly but surely. An American with a Citroen in South America.

So I'm in Peru for a bit and decided I needed a car. I really wanted to buy something I couldn't get in the good ol US of A. I went to the WRC in Argentina last year and discovered this bad boy for the first time. And what do you know... the most accomplish rally driver was driving one. It was a real slick looking car I never knew existed. I was psyched to learn that these cars had the Prince engine since I've had an R56 MINI Cooper S and an R55 MINI Cooper Clubman. Lots of comparisons between these cars that I'll mention later.

So I've driven the car for only about 80km (2 weeks of city driving) and I'm loving it. Lots to love about it. What I don't like about it right away is the initial turbo lag in 1st gear and the length of the clutch pedal in proportion to the engagement... its just long for no damn reason.

Its the 1.6 Turbo in 6 Speed Manual. 2012 year model fabricated in 2011. Its somewhat simple, I don't know the name of the package. Doesn't have bluetooth/USB/nav. Its White with a Black roof. It came with the white/machined bellone wheels but it didn't look aggressive enough for me.

What's been done:
    - Wheels repainted to gloss black
    - Calipers painted red
    - Wheel caps wrapped in red vinyl
    - Rear diffuser painted gloss black
    - Custom dual exhaust with 3" stainless steel exhaust tips

What I plan on doing:
    - repolish of all the paint, the white has a slight yellowing on it
    - Morimoto Mini H1 Projector Bi-Xenon Kit with 6k, should be installed next week
    - possibly... blacking out the inside headlight masks
    - tuning upgrade, undecided
    - clutch stop, bought one from Burger Tuning
    - LED 6k bulbs with canbus
    - bluetooth adapter
    - garmin custom integration

I'd really like some advice from people out there about Tuning and Bluetooth Adapters.

Here are some pics in Villa Carlos Paz - Cordoba - Argentina

Welcome to thr club!

Comment

I love that dual exhaust. Me wants one too.
      Citroën DS3 Racing 2011 Polar White
      ZRP con rods, Wössner pistons, Forge Ind. Kit, Forge IC hard pipes, etuners S3 (E85, launch control), Clemens-Motorsport IC, cylinder head porting, oil pump mod, Devils Own WMI, Forge BOV, Powerflex rear engine mount, LEDs, Citroen mudflaps, Ragazzon de-cat/200cc sports cat, Mongoose catback

Ex: BMW M135iA (2008) * BMW M3 E46 SMG2 (2003) * Subaru Impreza WRX STi (2007) * BMW M3 E46 (2001) * Seat Leon 1.8 TS4 (2003)
      sigpic

Comment

Nice pics, car looks great
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Looking awesome. Welcome to.the club
          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Welcome, I too love the twin exhaust, not seen that before
            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
              Welcome to thr club!
              Thank you!
              Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
              I love that dual exhaust. Me wants one too.
              Appreciate that. I've had a bunch of ///M cars and I've just gotten accustomed to the symmetry and aggressiveness. Since doing a center exhaust is just WAY too complicated I knew I had to do the dual right away. Singles look so odd to me lol. I'm about to creep onto your posts, you sig shows a lot of great mods.
              Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
              Nice pics, car looks great
              Thanks buddy, I will post some more full body pics when I have the car polished next week :cool:
              Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
              Looking awesome. Welcome to.the club
              Thank you!
              Originally posted by Gazski66 View Post
              Welcome, I too love the twin exhaust, not seen that before
              I did a few quick google searches and I only found a post where someone said doing this was impossible because of the spare-wheel bucket. Couldn't find any more info so I just bought the tips when I was home in New York and had an exhaust shop make the wrap-around "C" pipe. I'm very happy with it, plus I had him make the exhaust have a touch of rumble. Thanks!

Very normal black leather interior. I'm going to have a vinyl shop add just a detail of white inside to add some contrast. This radio and its controls SUCK.

My screen display is "Type-A"??? I don't know but its barbaric. I saw there is a screen with more information in amber/black... is it just a plug-and-play upgrade? There is also a color screen version... any ideas? I don't want to install the NAV because #1 it would be too complicated and #2 the nav wouldn't be compatible here. This basic screen thing truly sucks.

I have this junk:

More info version that looks like most guys on this forum have:

Color version from a Peugeot 407:

Comment

It's pretty straight forward to change the screen. One of our members has written a guide on how to do it .

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....o-monochrome-C

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
                  It's pretty straight forward to change the screen. One of our members has written a guide on how to do it .

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....o-monochrome-C
                  WOW. Thank you so much! Looks I just need to have it programmed and its plug-and-play. And it also looks like mark.a-ds3 also installed the Dension box with Bluetooth. Jackpot! HUGE HELP, the forum at its best. :bow:

I was just shooting an email over to a guy who sells the color LCD version... hopefully its basically the same procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by NYBULLDOG View Post
                    WOW. Thank you so much! Looks I just need to have it programmed and its plug-and-play. And it also looks like mark.a-ds3 also installed the Dension box with Bluetooth. Jackpot! HUGE HELP, the forum at its best. :bow:

I was just shooting an email over to a guy who sells the color LCD version... hopefully its basically the same procedure.
                    That's what we're all here for! He knows his stuff, so I'm sure if you have any questions he'll be more than happy to help . I watched him change the screen on another members car at a show, and it's a 15 minute job.

Comment

Ebay would probably be your best bet mate
                      DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
                      Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Nice one NY. Look forward to more updates
                        sigpic
                        Jog on Noddy

Comment

You sure gonna be busy , nice motor too.

Comment

Hey guys so wanted to post some info on the headlight upgrade...

Got all this stuff from The Retrofit Source. Quality stuff, nice selection, fast shipping.
                            http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit (H1) MINIH1-STG3-R 1 $295.00

Projectors
                            2 x Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 (LHD) $0.00 MH16-LH

Ballasts
                            2 x AMP: Morimoto 3Five DSP $0.00 35AMP-DSP

Bulbs
                            2 x H1: 3Five 5000K $0.00 H-ONE-5K

Shrouds
                            2 x Apollo 3.0 $25.00 APOLLO3-P

Wire Harness
                            2 x Canbus: H7 $0.00 CANBUS-H7

Shipping & Handling:
                            $14.24

I got a discount because I'm part of another forum. Paid around $240!

I picked them up from my house in New York and took them back to Peru with me.
                            Last edited by NYBULLDOG; 03-12-2014, 00:43.

Comment

The total installation time was approximately 8 hours. Electronically it was kind of plug and play. NO CANBUS errors. I also wanted something closer to OEM and very reliable. These look OEM. I'll let you guys be the judge. VERY HAPPY.

***Note: Color in person is very WHITE, they were heating up in the pics. Its not green, blue or yellow... its bright WHITE. Car is dirty so disregard the dust.

Last edited by NYBULLDOG; 10-09-2015, 04:13.

Comment

Working...
                              X