Joe's Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe's Thread

First of all I can guarantee that not much will happen on here apart from the occasional pictures from cleaning the car haha.
    The things I would like to do is to get it remapped after its first service out of warranty.
    Stick some wind deflectors on.
    Buy the 3D rear lights.
    And keep it clean :P

Anyway its had the first wash since I've bought it, unfortunately it wasn't a very good, just a snow foam and pressure wash. Reason for that is it's my birthday soon and got loads of stuff ordered for present So it's all in good time and it'll be sparkly clean soon, which will last about half a day as I live on a farm haha.

Here is the car when I first bought it, at my girlfriends house

During the snow foam

Dirt off the window seal

Don't know why the car is blue haha

All clean (as best as)

Loons great. I'm guessing the blue colour is to do with light balance and colour temp of the photo.
    Shiny shiny
    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

So today I went to fix my drls. First problem. None of the jacka I have fit under the car! They either don't go far enough under past the sill. Or the scissor jack I have rubs against the plastic frame. Any ideas? Does ds3 have a specific type of jack?

Comment

Careful when jacking the car up from the side using scissor jack if you don't get it just right car run the risk of bending the seals.

Comment

So I bought these snazzy looking lights, had very similar ones in my old car.
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151224509887

Went to fit them after work about an hour ago and they went in fine, put them in the right way, however I opened the door to turn them on and they start flashing, when I turned the lights on at the stalk thought they were fine, full brightness and everything, no flashing. Turned them off at the stalk and they started flashing again until I pulled them out. Any help or suggestions as to why theyre flashing? Am I better off just sending them back?

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
            So I bought these snazzy looking lights, had very similar ones in my old car.
            http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151224509887

Went to fit them after work about an hour ago and they went in fine, put them in the right way, however I opened the door to turn them on and they start flashing, when I turned the lights on at the stalk thought they were fine, full brightness and everything, no flashing. Turned them off at the stalk and they started flashing again until I pulled them out. Any help or suggestions as to why theyre flashing? Am I better off just sending them back?
            The LED's you have aren't CANBUS. You'll need to buy 501 CANBUS lights to prevent the flashing.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Gutted haha, just realised when checking the description... lesson learned anyway.. could I use them anywhere else in the car or not?

Comment

Originally posted by gatesy0093 View Post
                Gutted haha, just realised when checking the description... lesson learned anyway.. could I use them anywhere else in the car or not?
                IIRC, all bulbs except the headlight should be 501.

Footwell lights
                Reg plate lights
                Interior bulbs
                etc..
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I'll keep hold of them then, and hope they work elsewhere without flashing plenty of spares anyway haha

Comment

So today a full set of Osram Nightbreakers arrived in the post and were fitted straight away also got some proper led sidelights to match but unfortunately this happened..

Wasn't my cleverest moment haha, is there an easy way to get this out? I'm hoping an extendable magnet from work might be able to get it out through the headlight hole? Any other suggestions?

Also proper gutted but this happened aswell!

I bought the car November just gone, its out of manufacturer's warranty this month and out of the dealerships warranty in the start of February. Would this be covered or not? I've just sent an email to the dealership I bought it off asking about whats covered, hoping for a good answer so I can get this fixed.

Also my turbo is leaking?

Would this be an issue? Or is it simply just a couple of bolts need tightened? Maybe a loose hose? I don't know if there are any gaskets or anything as I'm new to having a diesel and a turbo haha.

Any help guys?

Joe

Comment

So good news, my turbo isn't broken, spoke to the guys at work and apparently a turbo passing a small amount of oil is perfectly normal on diesels for some bizarre reason, i've kept my eye on it over christmas and it hasnt gotten any worse. Although I didnt get anywhere with the fan unit as the 3 month garage warranty doesnt cover trim, only engine, gearbox and elecrtical. Nevermind, I'll either leave it or figure out how to do it myself eventually in the summer haha.

The car got its first proper wash since owning which consisted of some of my christmas presents

snowfoam which i already owned

Billbery wheel cleaner, didnt have a wheel brush at the time to properly agitate the inner drum of the wheels but it done a great job on the rims, just need a wheel sealant now ( although not too fussed yet as im considering getting them refurbed in all black anyway )

The shampoo tester that comes with the full membership purchase, it done a good job on the paint but i noticed it didnt really like the windows, it cleaned them well enough but when rinsing off and drying it was very streaky compared to drying the paint.

My new large kent drying towel, very cool and quick, soon got the hang of it as ive never had one of these before

Also tried my small purple monster on a small bit just to see what it was like, very nice and fluffy

Now all i need to do is that all again only next time get the polish and wax out and spend an entire day on it :P

I got poorboys white diamond (I think thats what its called) for the white, im going to buy autoglym super resin polish for the roof.

Just need a wheel sealant, wax and something good to put on the windows

For the windows im tempted to buy Carbon Collective's glass sealant http://carboncollective.eu/shop/?pro...num-glass-30ml
                      I follow them on facebook and the videos for their products are amazing.

I'm new to wheel sealants and waxes so only wanting to try something cheapish, nothing top end yet. Any good recommendations?

Anyway hear are some more piccies of when I cleaned the car!
                      Never have too many pictures!

Pushed my luck with parking the other day! luckily didn't kerb the alloys...

Everybody loves beading. (this is just from using the tester shampoo)

New LED lights

50/50

Full

unfortunately no night time picture as broke, snapped in half.. which is the second set 2 do this, both sides as well. luckily got a full refund for both sets of lights (from different people, they were even different types (9SMD and 5SMD)) put the crappy yellowy normal bulbs in and they look shocking next to the osrams, I dont know if its the car just doesnt like them or what? Do I try another different set of LED's or just try and find some good, white halogen bulbs?

Anyway, sorry for the long post.

Comments welcome, Joe

Comment

Looking good Joe.

The LED's you'll find from most people on ebay/Amazon don't usually have a great shelf life and aren't very well made. Just buy a bag of them and keep them in the glovebox spare just in case.

Have you thought about changing your indicator bulbs around? One common change before the new rear lights were introduced was a straight swap of the indicator bulbs from the rear cluster to the front.

If you take the rear indicator bulbs out, you'll see these are transparent compared against the front orange bulbs. Get them swapped over and give that front end a uniform colour
                        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

good shout for the indicator bulbs :P

the only thing with the led's that annoys me is that it isnt as simple as they arent working, theyre breaking. so if i had a bag of them to swap whenever something happened then i know id end up with half a bag of broken bits to fish out of the bottom of the light unit haha, theres already 2 lots of bits in them somewhere...

Comment

Hey guys and gals, haven't updated this in a while so thought I better had haha.

For Christmas I bought the car some fancy mats off eBay, look the part but the sides have turned up now

Also bought some TeamHeko Wind Deflectors. Look awesome and extremely easy to fit. Just can't get too close with the pressure washer as if I get too close when spraying between the glass and the deflector water can leak in

Been buying some more cleaning products thanks to CleanYourRide's vast knowledge of products, so here is what I now own:

Super Snowfoam
                            Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo
                            Farecla G3 ClayMitt
                            Bilberry Wheel Cleaner
                            Poorboys White Diamond
                            Soft99 Fusso Light Coat
                            Plenty of extra plush 16x16" MF Towels, 1 Large extra plush Drying Towel, 2 16x16" Purple Monster Towels
                            Also own Autoglym Leather Cleaner & Leather Care Balm but I haven't had the chance or the time to use these yet.

Just also acquired this beautiful package of stuff from PowerMaxed, thanks to their Monday Madness Competition

Anyway here are some pictures from when I spent around 6.5 hours on the car a couple of weeks ago after buying the White Diamond and Fusso

Some Beading aswell as it typically rained a couple of hours later

Also just realised after lots of wondering why my car seemed to look different I finally noticed that it's been de-badged on the front haha xD

And you can forget beading, I get puddles!

Last but not least! A tidy bit of chrome

Just swapped the Rear Chrome Indicator lights over today aswell but haven't taken pictures yet..

Thanks for reading! Comments always welcome and my fiancée finally convinced me to get Instagram so if you're not already following, here's my username JOE.GATE

Comment

Looking good!!

Well done on the comp, the wax is gooooood!!

Haha! Love the fact it has been debadged - I hadn't noticed either!

I run the clun Instagram, so I'm already stalking you
                              My DS3R3... nearly....
                              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X