Ryan's Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan's Mods

Having owned my ds3 for a couple of months, I'm beginning to get a little bored with stock, so I'm planning on customising mine a little. Nothing too crazy (although I'd love quad exhausts) just planning on improving it's appearance/performance keeping it fairly standard, without turning it into the typical oh-so-common chavvy car no doubt you've all seen!

Anyway, here's what I'm thinking about doing to my all black 110 hdi dsport:

Aesthetics:

-Caliper colour and alloy centre cap painting (probably red)
    -Chrome rear light trim
    -Front and rear mudflaps
    -Wind deflectors
    -Limo black rear window tinting
    -Rear de-badging (maybe change the ds3 badge to black)
    -Philips WhiteVision 4300k bulb replacements (H1, H7, W5W)
    -Interior LED bulbs to replace standards
    -Black with red trim car mats (to match the calipers)
    -Replace coloured front indicator bulbs with clears
    -Headlight eyebrows
    -Flyeyed headlights
    -LED numberplate lights

Performance:

-Stage 1 ECU remap
    -Cone air filter
    -Hybrid turbo?
    -Performance intercooler (something more affordable than forge!)
    -Possible exhaust backbox upgrade...or the pretty damn cool dual exhaust system, if it's possible)

Doubt I'll get around to doing all of the above but it would be great to get feedback on what you guys think.

Cheers

All sounds good to me! If you have the older style rear lights then they have the silvered indicator bulbs, so you can just swap them with the fronts. The Citroen badge on the rear is just stuck on so easy to remove, just need some tar remover to clean it up afterwards(the DS badge may have pins). Quite a few of us have also fitted a Zunsport mesh front grille, so that might be something else to consider.
    sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
    Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Hope you got a big wallet for the performance stuff :-)
      sigpic
      Jog on Noddy

Comment

That's good, how easy are they to remove from the rear lights? I'm not that keen on the zunsport grilles in chrome, think if I was to get one I'd keep it simple, black is preferable to chrome IMO. Thanks for your response

Comment

Think I'd have to do the performance upgrades over time...I can imagine a hybrid turbo would be VERY expensive, so maybe an intercooler and remap will have to do. After all 150bhp and a heap of torque isn't to be sniffed at in a car weighing not that much over a ton!

Comment

I believe the Zunsport grills you can have finished in black by them... could be wrong but that's what i thought cause i was contemplating it... Actually a lot of mods you have i contemplated for mine especially the Hybrid turbo and intercooler! Oh and Exhaust
            potentially a Miltek when i get the Remap done in summer!
            Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
            E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Good luck :-)
              sigpic
              Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
                I believe the Zunsport grills you can have finished in black by them... could be wrong but that's what i thought cause i was contemplating it... Actually a lot of mods you have i contemplated for mine especially the Hybrid turbo and intercooler! Oh and Exhaust
                And I'm guessing the hybrid turbo was a no go? Or did you not pursue the idea very far? Might consider the grill of that's the case...

Comment

And I'm guessing the hybrid turbo was a no go? Or did you not pursue the idea very far? Might consider the grill of that's the case...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                    Good luck :-)
                    I think it's my wallet that'll need the luck! Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones55 View Post
                      I haven't got that far yet simply im the same in terms of one thing at a time my insurance is gonna take a jump with the Remap as it is ... so ill get that over with then look at the Turbo and such. I upgraded my panel filter to a K & N but from what i've read a cone / induction kit doesn't make too much of a difference with the Diesel but i guess it depends what you go for i know Zack had a Pro-Speed one fitted he would be the one to ask.
                      Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                      E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

I haven't got that far yet simply im the same in terms of one thing at a time my insurance is gonna take a jump with the Remap as it is ... so ill get that over with then look at the Turbo and such. I upgraded my panel filter to a K & N but from what i've read a cone / induction kit doesn't make too much of a difference with the Diesel but i guess it depends what you go for i know Zack had a Pro-Speed one fitted he would be the one to ask.
                        That's true, not sure whether I'd tell my insurance company about a remap as it is...we shall see. So maybe just a straight out filter swap for a K and N? Can't imagine that does an awful lot for the performance

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones55 View Post
                          just a straight out filter swap for a K and N? Can't imagine that does an awful lot for the performance
                          1.6 BHP and have the print outs to prove it ;-)
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                            1.6 BHP and have the print outs to prove it ;-)
                            Round that to the nearest whole number and it makes 2bhp, worth noting

Comment

Okay here are some pictures of the car as stock (apologies for the poor quality)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	359099

Name:	Front Side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	359100

Name:	Rear Side.jpg