Jays project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howles123 View Post
    Hi jay I'm new to the ds3 scene as I'm in the process of getting one , need some advice on de chroming. how does the front grill and surround remove ? along with the side peices and rear section above number plate ? any help will be appreciated cheers
    As far as I know from the bodyshop I've spoken to, the whole front bumper comes off first then the grille parts are clipped onto it from behind. Side baguettes are glued on for some models, but a few have clips to the door. Rear section I would assume is glued too. A hairdryer and some gentle leverage should be enough.

If I were you I'd just mask the surrounding panels and spray the chrome parts, or get a bodyshop to recolour them for you. Either way, you don't want to actually remove them permanently as you'd have holes in your car!
    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
    Join the Facebook Group!
    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Howles123 View Post
      Hi jay I'm new to the ds3 scene as I'm in the process of getting one , need some advice on de chroming. how does the front grill and surround remove ? along with the side peices and rear section above number plate ? any help will be appreciated cheers
      Originally posted by BenS View Post
      As far as I know from the bodyshop I've spoken to, the whole front bumper comes off first then the grille parts are clipped onto it from behind. Side baguettes are glued on for some models, but a few have clips to the door. Rear section I would assume is glued too. A hairdryer and some gentle leverage should be enough.

If I were you I'd just mask the surrounding panels and spray the chrome parts, or get a bodyshop to recolour them for you. Either way, you don't want to actually remove them permanently as you'd have holes in your car!
      Glued - Sticky pads
      Side baguettes
      Fog Light Surrounds
      Rear Window trim
      Number plate trim
      Lower grill surround
      Citroen lettering
      Front badge

Clipped
      Upper part of grill (Chevron shape)

Depending on year, the only pinned and glued items are the DS badge and the sides.

As Ben suggested, best be is to mask and spray in situ

Much less chance of breaking anything, the lower grill surround is thin in places and would easily snap!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
      X