Le rouge et le noir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Le rouge et le noir

Well I figured I'd give this its own project thread, admittedly its probably going to be a very slow progress but I still think I should share!

So, stealing the photos from my other threads, here it is!

A few weeks after purchasing and after a good clean

Interior, black leather with carbon fibre dash trim

Phone mount, Brodit kit and its fantastic

And I fitted a footrest too, as well as replacing the scruffy looking brake and clutch pedals (the accelerator doesn't look too bad, just a few scuffs)

The old ones...

And the most recent addition, Milltek non-resonated Catback system, will add in a sports cat at some point too

Looks good
    DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
    Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Yeah nice looking car
      sigpic

Comment

Great so far! Are you pleased with the exhaust?
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Leather Seats and Carbon Dash.....The best combination,although I`m biased as that is the interior finish I have too!

Liking the tailpipes!
          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Booked in with Jamie for a walnut blasting (Citroen apparently can't see any symptoms because the ecu does say anything...) because I think, after 37k, it's well due!

Oh, and the obligatory remap of course, curious to see what it'll push now with the uprated filter and exhaust.
            Last edited by mjennings23; 20-06-2016, 09:49.

Comment

Well I just had a lovely fun drive back from Hinckley! It feels lovely to drive now.

On a related note, it had the most recent Citroen map on it, and the first time Jamie has worked on one. He was saying it's far smoother, with a richer mix than the older oem map, so good news for anyone with the latest official map.

Very happy with the feel of driving now, overtaking was easier than I imagined. However, it being such smooth power delivery really makes the speed deceptive... I'll have to be careful!

Comment

Love the interior look! What are your plans for future mods?
                ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                Join the Facebook Group!
                Join the Discord Server!

Comment

In terms of engine, I think I'm happy with its current output for the time being! Running at 190bhp and 232 lb-ft right now after the remap so, in a light little car, it shifts! If anything, I'd be looking at a FMIC next year, as it seems summer has already been and gone this year :rolleyes:

I'm thinking suspension and brakes will be the next things I look at, give it the stability to fully utilise the new legs its gained. Running standard brakes with EBC parts upfront currently, but I've got ideas for upgrading to 4 pot front callipers, which would also require spacers.

Comment

I've found the stock brakes are pretty effective, but then again I have 70 less horses than you! And as for the intercooler, yeah there's not much need yet with the temperatures we're getting
                    ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Still got my eye on the Airtec intercooler for the eHDI engine!

sigpic

Comment

Not done so much recently! My driver wing mirror started playing up so spent yesterday replacing it with a unit from a breakers, and I'm considering the idea of spraying the chrome in black plastidip and then adding the new gloss clear coat stuff too, think a bit more gloss black would pair nicely with the wheels and roof

Comment

Good call,a bit of colour coordination goes a long way!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X