Gerb0l's Red Rooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gerb0l's Red Rooster

So I've had my 2010 THP (my first car with more than a 1.2L ) for about a year and thought it was time to come out of the woodwork and say hello!
    My plan is to try and reach over 200 bhp with the intention of a couple of track days a year. Took her round Silverstone last December which was great fun and manged to get lift off over-steer round Club Corner.
    Think I'll have to make a trip to Jaime for a walnut blast first but below are my planned mods, whether they all end up on the car is another matter...

Performance
    • Stage 1+ Remap (Soontm @Sp Tuning)
    • Custom 2.5" Quad Exit Cat Back Exhaust (Fitted)
    • Airtech Intercooler and Boost Pipes (Fitted)
    • BC Racing Coilovers
    • Forge Recirc Valve (Fitted)
    • Forge Induction Kit
    • Mtech Short Shifter
    • EBC Greenstuff Pads (Fitted)
    • EBC Dimpled and Grooved Front Disks (Fitted)

Exterior
    • Rear Windows Tinted (Limo)
    • Front Headlight Tints
    • De-Chrome
    • Rear Mudflaps
    • Stickers!!

Any advice would be much appreciated and will post some pics when I get back from work.
    Last edited by Gerb0l; 30-08-2016, 08:10.

Welcome to the club - nice list of mods and potential mods there, pics as you progress are always good....
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome! Those mods sound good, looking forward to see some pictures!
      http://www.autoweek.nl/verbruik/13739/citroen-ds3-e-hdi-90-so-chic-2011

Comment

Welcome! Great to hear from you.Mods are really coming along! I would be interested to hear about your engine performance and any possible issues after fitting the Airtec fmi. Yours is the THP,but I have the eHDI and also wondered if it was really worthwhile? Thanks,if you can give me some feedback.

p.s. I have a full list of modifications over the last year that mine has undergone in the DS3 Modifications section!
        Last edited by JEZDS3; 07-07-2016, 14:20.
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Pics from when I first bought it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150520_172044.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	360492

Exhaust and Intercooler will be on soon (next couple of weeks hopefully) so will let you know.
          Think a bigger Intercooler only really starts to make a difference with a remap and larger exhaust, plus they look cooler as well
          Attached Files

Comment

Looking great! Keep me posted when you get your Airtec fmi fitted,I would be interested to know how it performs!
            Last edited by JEZDS3; 08-07-2016, 08:32.

sigpic

Comment

You should pop over to the Boosted UK meet at the Akeman Inn on 17th July if your new work is carried out,as your car will be Boosted with the new intercooler,I`ve been to a couple of these and there is plenty of tasty hardware to look at!

The Boosted UK details are on the Meet thread.

sigpic

Comment

Hello!

Some stickers are on the way! So that's one off the list

Re the headlight tints, as an Ultra Prestige member, you are entitled to the discount we have with Fly Eye. Might not be what you are looking for re tints, but goes look good.
                http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....unt-at-FlyEyes
                My DS3R3... nearly....
                New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Will have a look Jez. Nice drive down there from mine as well

Thanks Joni!
                  Was going to get my local tinting place to do them but that looks like a much better idea.

Comment

I might still recommend getting someone to apply it - not that Liam and I nearly killed each other trying to apply some on his car....
                    My DS3R3... nearly....
                    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Well if you fancy going to the Boosted UK meet this month it is next Sunday,17th July,would be great to meet up and as an informal meet our DS3 attendees have enjoyed chatting and looking around!

sigpic

Comment

Intercooler arrived yesterday. Will start fitting it this afternoon...

Comment

Looking smart for your red thp!

Let me know how you get on with it!

sigpic

Comment

How did your Intercooler fitting go and is your DS3 running well now?

sigpic

Comment

Time for a long overdue update...

Fitting the intercooler took longer than expected. The previous owner had taken off the bumper and partly broken some of the fixings so there was some bodging I had to overcome (wont go into details).
                              But once the front bumper was off it was plain sailing.

Bumper off:

Name:	2016-07-15 17.02.07.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	360573

OEM Intercooler removed. Ended up taken the lights out and loosening the radiator frame to get enough wiggle room to remove the bugger.

Name:	2016-07-16 10.35.16.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	360574

Then fitted the intercooler using the existing bolts on the crash bar and fitted the boost pipes (stupidly forgot to takes pictures at this point).
                              I did have to drill some extra holes in the intercooler mounts so I could use the existing bolts (don't know why they didn't use this as the mounting option seeing as its the right width)

Shiny Boost Pipes:

Name:	2016-07-22 12.24.15.jpg
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	360575

Name:	2016-07-22 12.24.28.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	360576

The intake temps have now dropped to about ambient under heavy load and a lot more intake noise, can hear the turbo whistle more now .
                              Don't think there is really a noticeable difference in power, maybe slightly better in the high rev range. Will probably see more of an improvement with a cat-back and remap.
                              There is a slight vibration when pulling from about 2k rpm which I think is the main boost pipe into the manifold. Think I will look into adding a supporting strap to stiffen it up.
                              Last edited by Gerb0l; 16-08-2016, 20:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X