Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Csl's build

Hi again, guys.

i'm going to show you my car! its a '12 thp 165. Bought it last april, with 27k kilometers (around 18k miles). Here its photos from the day i bought Skadi (the car's name, hehehe):

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20160426-WA0040.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	368290

Name:	IMG-20160618-WA0013.jpg
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	368291

A few months later i went to a tuner with some knowledge with THP engines and made a few upgrades:

Stg2 remap, 2,5" de-cat downpipe, Cold air intake, and changed the OEM blow-off valve for a GFB DV+. It has something around 200hp right now, tried to reach its top speed, 142 mph @ 5th gear, havent enough space to shift to 6th.

Lately, i made a few aesthetics upgrades, painted the rims (i really want to fit OZ Racing Superturismo WRC wheels on it, but they are very rare to find here), painted the brake calipers and wrapped all chromes in black.

Photos:

Name:	IMG-20161107-WA0008.jpg
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	368296

Name:	IMG-20161103-WA0014.jpg
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	368295

Upgrades to come:

-Vogtland suspension kit (still on route to Brazil)

-2,5" Exhaust
    -Upgraded Intercooler
    -Boost pipes
    -A new remap

With those upgrades, i think i can reach something between 230-240hp. if i feel it isn't enough, i'll change the OEM turbine for a hybrid one, with the same size of the JCW, but with billet rotors. As i told you before, its getting very common here people reach this power with stock internals, and no reports of engine blow atm. i saw a 320hp engine with stock internals, many 260hp engines with 60k miles with no problems. The main problem around here is the High pressure fuel pump, due to our really low quality petrol.

So, i think that's it! i'll keep feeding the thread with more photos!

See ya.
    Attached Files

Wow sounds great, that's really low miles was it a grannies car.

Comment

Originally posted by Csl View Post
      i really want to fit OZ Racing Superturismo WRC wheels on it, but they are very rare to find here
      I agree soooo much with you on this one! I was browsing wheels last week and came across the WRCs and fell in love! Your blacked out bellones with red rimblades look really nice though

Doesn't Brazil run mostly bio-ethanol based fuels? That's probably one of the reasons you guys get big power from stock engines.

Look forward to seeing what comes next
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

One thing might fail is the clutch ..,i think the limit the stock clutch can take is around 210bhp..,also another common issue is the turbo wastegate cracking up

Comment

The clutch went on mine at under 200bhp.
          sigpic

Comment

@Hyperkev,
            how did you know? Hahaha. It was a grannie's car, indeed.

@BenS,
            Yeah! my initial idea was to import one of these or a Leggenda, but i had to triple the retail price on any UK/EU/American Shop to include taxes e freight. This killed my dream =(.

About Biofuel, E25 is the regular fuel around here, but i use premium fuels (RON100, if i'm correct), and there's no ethanol on this one, because sugarcane alcohol is corrosive, and this car is haven't been adapted to run on ethanol. There are few guys that adapt the cylinder head to run on full ethanol ( it demands higher compression rates), but it blows away the fuel consumption.
            As an exemple, a stock thp 165 would have somewhere 180hp only running on ethanol, but its mileage would be cut to 2/3 or more.

Many ds3 owners that upgrade their cars make the ECU remap with the same guy. His remap gives more power than a regular remap from dimsport and other brand i cant remember, which are the most common remaps here. He also owns a DS3 and is always upgrading the remap he sells. Stg2 cars like mine, with his remap, are reaching 210hp~ 220hp, and his remap also have launch control. i'll post a video showing it.

And i'm also really anxious to make these upgrades, i'll do then all at the same time, probably in march next year! =D

@Eagle and Drummond Base

Yeah, i'm including in my budget a clutch upgrade. But just when and if i upgrade the turbo. I already heard about some cars with 250hp running with a stock clutch and no worries, and also heard about stock cars with less than 10k miles needing a clutch replacement, so at first i'll have to trust in my left foot! =D

See ya!

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pg/P9PowerF...=page_internal The launch control test video is the fisrt one.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pg/P9PowerF...=page_internal The launch control test video is the fisrt one.
                Always live a good video

Comment

Who is this tuner?
                  White on red THP
                  Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

This is not launch control, this is just a soft cut stationary RPM limiter. True launch control will build boost and adapt traction control for optimum get away.
                    True launch control is not possible in this ecu as it cannot cut ignition(hard cut) only fuel cut.
                    The ecu code needs to be re written to implement this.
                    Is it possible you could send me the part number from the turbocharger plate 5303xxxxxxx.
                    I want to check the compressor map efficiency so I can calculate what this turbo is capable of.
                    White on red THP
                    Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie@SPTuning View Post
                      Who is this tuner?
                      I think I saw this tuner was an etuners 'dealership' sometime ago
                      DS3 Racing | Matt Orange | eTuners Stage III+ | Wössner Forged Pistons | Bastuck De-Cat Exhaust | Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit | AEM Water/Methanol Injection | Motul 300V Competition Oil | Mahle Coated Bearings | Cylinder Head Porting | 100 Octane Juice

Comment

Hello guys,

@Jamie

The tuner "nick" is Pixel Nine. On his website he tells he's a PSA especialized tuner. What i know is that started as a PSA engine tuner, and made a partnership with etuners later.
                        He is the "official" tuner of the brazilian DS club. Never heard nothing negative about his job.

About the "Launch control", good to know that. I'm not fully aware of those technicalities, just started to read about these things when i bought this car.

As you asked, here's the number: 5303.970.02.17.

See ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Drummond Base View Post
                          The clutch went on mine at under 200bhp.
                          It's torque that kills clutches, not horsepower. Ask any tuner / knowledgeable mechanic.

sent from my Nokia 6310i using the keypad
                          At some point I will come up with a signature.

Comment

Originally posted by Niek View Post
                            It's torque that kills clutches,
                            Its a THP therefore as an owner he cares little for these torques you speak of.
                            sigpic

Comment

What i know read about torque and how much he clutch handles is unconclusive. Some say 300nm is the clutch limit, but i've found some guys with 350nm and still using OE clutch. And other with the car at the same stg as mine and having problems with it so at first i'm not considering change it.

Comment

Working...
                              X