Big HP DS3 THP 150 in the caribbean.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big HP DS3 THP 150 in the caribbean.

i everyone im new to this forum but really old to the racing scene in the US and Caribbean, my name is Pedro for the past 3 years the company i work for here in Dominican Republic owns the Citroen, DS and Mitsubishi Brands and im the General Technical Maneger in the after sales department " im the problem fixer" so 2 weeks ago a clients DS3 THP 150 broke a piston for the 2nd time "how strange" and the company to keep everything quiet had to buy back the car and now I'm the new owner and im looking to build a hi HP DS3 400+ hp, for the past week iv been sorting parts out to do this and this is what im going to be doing:

* CP Pistons 9.5/1 77.5mm
    * Carrillo rods.
    * Kings Bearings Rods/Mains.
    * ARP hardware Head studs, Main Studs.
    * Supertech Valves, Spring, retainer Kit.
    * Stock Head Gasket.
    * Ported polish Head (done by me)
    * Custom Made Intercooler core and tubing ( vibrant brand)
    * Custom Exhaust Manifold. (done by me)
    * Garret GTX2860 Gen2 Turbo.
    * Tial WasteGate, BlowOff.
    * Custome 3inch Downpipe and Exhaust.
    * Etuners tune (trying to become a dealer for my country).
    * Clutch Masters Clutch ( waiting for a response for a custome clutch).
    * AEM WMI
    * AEM Trueboost Gage/Controler.
    * AEM WideBand.

I think that with all thats listed here and a really good tune the THP engine is well capable of making 400+ hp, the only thing that kind of scares me to go big is the strength of the sleeves because they are flooting sleeves but i have a couple of tricks for that i can make costume block guard like the ones used for the honda B,D series engines.

regards everyone and i will keep everyone posted on this Build its going to take lonnnnggggg but you can bet that I am going to do it.

You are literally following Go Big or Go Home !
    Btw i think you might be need LSD dif
    keep us update and good luck mate

Comment

Definitely the LSD! I think Jamie has a Quaife diff, but you can also use the Torsen diff from the 208 GTi or RCZ.

I assume you're going to upgrade the brakes as well, to account for the power increase. Are you going to look at wider wheels as well for more traction?

Aside from the exploding engine joke earlier, I genuinely want to see what you can achieve! Best of luck
      ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
      Join the Facebook Group!
      Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by Peponds3 View Post

I think that with all thats listed here and a really good tune the THP engine is well capable of making 400+ hp, the only thing that kind of scares me to go big is the strength of the sleeves because they are flooting sleeves but i have a couple of tricks for that i can make costume block guard like the ones used for the honda B,D series engines.

Darton make sleeves for it if you have the cash.
        Originally posted by cyclone
        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
        Originally posted by Broda
        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Have fun!
          Have a look on this build, a DS3 Racing with up to 400HP: [Klick] :redface:
          Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
          DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Now the ? Comes again is our transmission the same as the Mini Cooper S R56 I believe that the mini has the Gtrag G255 is the DS3 6speed the same? Because there is a LSD blocker made by a USA company names Phantom Grip IV used it before in many cars and it really works they have one for the R56 mini wondering if I can fit it.

Comment

The DS3 uses a different transmission. A PSA design not a Getrag.
              Originally posted by cyclone
              It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
              Originally posted by Broda
              I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

The best option for a LSD would be the Diff from the RCZ R/ 308 GTi/ 208 30th Edition
                Citroën DS³ // THP 155 // Body Ruby Red // Roof Moondust
                DS³R Speedometer // 19" OEM Cairns // KW V3 Coilovers

Comment

Working...
                X