Sam's DS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam's DS3

I've already got a thread on here but I'll make a new one; not sure if I can delete the old one or not.

I've had my DS3 1.6 VTi DStyle for 18 months now and the whole "I'll keep it standard" thing has kinda gone out of the window now so I thought I'd make a thread to track the changes as they happen.

Bits done so far are as follows:
    • Blacked out bellones
    • Painted callipers
    • DSport Seats and door cards
    • De-Badging (The 'Citroen" and little 3 on the back).
    • Custom leather gear stick gaiter with red stitching.
    • Chrome indicator bulbs front.
    • LED interior lights/footwell lights
    • Phillips bright white 'xenon' effect lights (good bulbs but xenon? Really? haha)
    • Pipercross Panel filter
    Bits I have but haven't/don't know how to fit are:
    • Mtech Short shifter - Not got round to it or found someone who knows what they are doing to stop me from turning my car into a paperweight
    • Kenwood underseat sub - Tried to cobble together bits of info from various forums to get it to work with the original head unit, still struggling.. (help!)
    • CSR headlight brows - Painted them red, fitted them and they looked bad imo Thinking about sanding and painting them black but I'm not sure.
    Future plans:
    • New exhaust system for a bit more growl, not just a fart cannon back box, though. Suggestions would be much appreciated, looking for something that'll make a nice noise when you give it the beans but not a persistent drone. Noting too crazy basically (I like my neighbours haha)
      Not sure how much scope there is for a few extra sneaky bhp with a remap and new exhaust on the VTi, it doesn't come across as a particularly flexible engine in terms of power gains.
    • Either swap the pipercross for a K&N or fit a cold air intake but again, even with a remap that's not going to make a great deal of difference on the VTi engine.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20170905_185311.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	390131
    Click image for larger version

Name:	29917e7ef77dbe0843b70cc7e4572b07.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	390132

I'll try and keep this updated as much as possible!
    Any thoughts or suggestions would be great

-Sam
    DStort
    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Looks good Sam. It's all about making it individual to you and enjoying doing the changes and of course driving it.
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Good work so far, I'm pretty sure that a remap wouldn't be worth the money on a non turbo DS3 so you can cross that one off your list

I looked at the short shifters before I sold my DS3 but decided, like you, it was outside my comfort zone on a car I needed to drive every day - do you know any friendly mechanics who could help?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
        Good work so far, I'm pretty sure that a remap wouldn't be worth the money on a non turbo DS3 so you can cross that one off your list
        Agreed - I looked into it when I had my VTi but a remap would only have got me about 10bhp more, and I decided cost vs gains wasn't worth it.

Car is looking great though Sam

Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Looking good mate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
          Bigfeet's File Repository
          The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Very nice

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972

I looked at the short shifters before I sold my DS3 but decided, like you, it was outside my comfort zone on a car I needed to drive every day - do you know any friendly mechanics who could help?
              I thought as much haha, still would be nice to have a few extra horses.
              Might still go with an exhaust of some sort, just need to find somewhere that does them

I know a few mechanics, I should really get my finger out and ask haha
              Same goes for the sub, problem with that is it's really something I need a Citroen person to ask because of the wiring

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                I thought as much haha, still would be nice to have a few extra horses.
                Might still go with an exhaust of some sort, just need to find somewhere that does them

I know a few mechanics, I should really get my finger out and ask haha
                Same goes for the sub, problem with that is it's really something I need a Citroen person to ask because of the wiring

Welp, exhaust isn't happening because my insurer won't like it.
                Not really something you can say was on the car when you bought it and never noticed

I'll have to look into a different broker next year (feb) me thinks.
                Yet another benefit of being a young person!
                DStort

Comment

Try Adrian Flux (advertised on this forum, gets you a small discount), they didn't charge for what I've already got and were cool for me to do more if I wanted as long as I let them know.
                  ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                  Join the Facebook Group!
                  Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by BenS View Post
                    Try Adrian Flux (advertised on this forum, gets you a small discount), they didn't charge for what I've already got and were cool for me to do more if I wanted as long as I let them know.
                    I'll call them, thanks Still got 5 months before I'm due a change but I'll get a theoretical quote. I'm only 19 so I've struggled with pretty much all insurers I've tried.
                    Churchill (who I'm with at the moment) are actually one of the most forgiving in terms of mods; aesthetic mods anyway.
                    DStort

Comment

Looks class mate. Bellones look lethal blacked out, you might end up making me do the same . Insurance is the same for me being 19 also... pain in the arse like. Yours is looking well though

Comment

Originally posted by JamieDS3
                        Looks class mate. Bellones look lethal blacked out, you might end up making me do the same . Insurance is the same for me being 19 also... pain in the arse like. Yours is looking well though
                        Cheers mate, I def prefer them in 1 colour rather than diamond cut.
                        Insurance sucks. As Ben said, I'll probs give flux a call and see if they'll at least insure me with a modded car.

DStort

Comment

Originally posted by Moonhead View Post
                          Cheers mate, I def prefer them in 1 colour rather than diamond cut.
                          Insurance sucks. As Ben said, I'll probs give flux a call and see if they'll at least insure me with a modded car.

Do you know if there is a min. age? my renewal is up next month and is it making me and my bank cry at the thought of paying...

Comment

Originally posted by JamieDS3 View Post

Do you know if there is a min. age? my renewal is up next month and is it making me and my bank cry at the thought of paying...
                            I THINK it's 20 Jamie, but I can't be 100% certain. Best thing to do is give them a call and see what they can do. I haven't used them myself, but have heard good things about them from others on here.
                            Last edited by Funky; 12-09-2017, 12:05.
                            DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

I know Chris Knott is 23, Adrian Flux might have been 21. Could possibly be 19 but I am no way certain.
                              ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
                              Join the Facebook Group!
                              Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Working...
                              X