• Show
Clear All

• Matt’s DS3 Racing

Click image for larger version

Name:	DC18DC46-3074-4360-83A3-FAAAB43E40F4.jpeg
Views:	257
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	391523 First post on here,
    Ive has my DS3 Racing for just over a month now and I’ve started to make a few modifications. I’ve wrapped the roof and mirrors in carbon fibre. Fitted OZ superturismo’s and a K&N panel filter for starters. There’s a couple more cosmetic changes I want to make like darker tints at the rear, painting the rear brake calipers and a bit of TLC. Looking for ideas what to do next performance wise. ​
    DS3 Racing
    OZ Superturismo 18” |
    H&R Lowering Springs | Custom Powerflow Exhaust | 200 Cell Sports Cat

Welcome to the club. Looks good. The next best thing for a decent performance boost, is a remap at our resident DS3 guru, Jamie@SPTuning. He remaps alot of members DS3's and is very good at what he does. Get in touch through the forum and/or have a browse through SP Tunings website here:

http://www.sptuning.co.uk
    DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Welcome! car looks good!
      Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
      Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Thanks guys
        I’ll have a look into getting a remap once I’ve finished the bits on the outside
        DS3 Racing
        OZ Superturismo 18” |

Comment

Welcome! Not sure how I feel about this, as it now looks like any old DS3 at a glance - but it's your car and your tastes. Makes it a good sleeper now at least!
          ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
          Join the Facebook Group!
          Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Also an uprated intercooler would help greatly. Airtec, Forge, or Seat Cupra are all much larger than the original.
            Join the Facebook Group!
            Join the Discord Server!

Comment

I agree with Ben. Whilst it does look good, it seems to have lost a little of its "Racing" look. The orange of the roof, mirrors, grille surround and 18's and the side decals are what gave it it's distinctive presence.

That said, everyone has differing tastes and that's what makes the DS3 so good to adapt to your own personal level of looks and performance.

BTW - what did you do with your old orange racing alloys? Are the OZ's 18's too? Got any more pics from different angles. We all like pics on here!

Comment

I quite like the look to be honest, more so if the wheels were powder coated black.
                Whilst I love the racing and it is distinctive, I am begrudged to agree with Richard Hammond who said it looks like "a child's training shoe" haha.

Welcome anyway, keep up the good work!

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
                DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

I was half and half with the orange. But I wanted that plain, sleeper look.

If you were going to have a remap, would it be better to replace the inter cooler first? I’m guessing the extra power would make it run hotter and a remap after changing the intercooler may get more out of it?

I still have the original wheels boxed up and they are in storage. The OZ’s are 18” and fitted straight on other than requiring Spigot rings
                  DS3 Racing
                  OZ Superturismo 18” |

Comment

Definitely do any hardware mods you want before the remap - induction, exhaust, intercooler will all do better from mapping them in rather than adding after.
                    Join the Facebook Group!
                    Join the Discord Server!

Comment

If I was to do intercooler, exhaust etc and get a remap would any of the internals need replacing or could they cope with 250ish bhp?
                      DS3 Racing
                      OZ Superturismo 18” |

Comment

I mean if you have the money to get forged pistons and rods and possibly even crank then yes, definitely worth it for these engines as they can break pistons on a stock car. A basic map on a Racing would get you to about 230 if I remember right, so maybe up to 235-240 and a better curve with those add-ons. If you have forged internals, then you could easily go for a bigger turbo, injectors, etc. and aim for 300. Think the Racing turbo can't really get beyond 240-250.
                        Join the Facebook Group!
                        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Thank you for the advice
                          ill probably look at an intercooler as my next performance mod and then maybe an exhaust before I consider remapping
                          Ive been told these cars share the same engines as the mini jcw, is there any parts on the mini that might be better under more power or would it all have to be new upgraded parts
                          DS3 Racing
                          OZ Superturismo 18” |

Comment

Originally posted by MG DS3 R View Post
                            I was half and half with the orange. But I wanted that plain, sleeper look.

I still have the original wheels boxed up and they are in storage.
                            The plain sleeper look works wonders when you destroy beemers, audis (apart from Lfcrule1972's) and mercs. Winner every time!!! I love watching those drivers faces when you match them (even in mine) so Racing, Performance and 165THP's must have a blast!!

As for the wheels. Wanna sell them?

Comment

Haha I know what you mean

i think I’m going to keep the wheels for now, I got the car on a hire purchase so if I decide to hand it back I’ll put I back to stock
                              if I change my mind I’ll let you know
                              DS3 Racing
                              OZ Superturismo 18” |

Comment

Working...
                              X