My ds3 drama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ds3 drama

I decided my 1.6 hdi needed a new timing belt. Long story short. My negligence around the self tightening timing belt resulted in the bolt snapping and the timing belt throwing/eating through the timing belt covers in a nice timing shape. I rebuilt the engine with new gasket, valves, rockers, camshaft, water pump, belts and tentioners. Now here’s where in the problems lies. I replaced the timing belt and the put pin in the crank shaft and camshaft pulleys as well as the high pressure fuel pump. When I was removing the pins the hpfp pin was wedged in and required pliers to remove, upon which the holes was covered over enough that no pin could fit but it could still see it.

it was the end of a 3rd twelve hour day rebuilding and I decided fuck it. I will try and see if it even starts. After a few cranks she fired and ran okay. Abit sluggish but I thought this would be normal considering the amateur Rebuild. It ran for 2000 maybe 3000 reaching the 100000 mile mark then I got the red stop and was towed home.

i put in the computer and the codes came through for
    crank shaft sensor being off
    slow starting
    and low fuel pressure at the rail

i took off the belt covers lined up the camshaft and the hpfp was the same (off a little) but the crankshaft was now about an eighth off to the right (clock wise)

would this have put the hpfp under pressure and damaged it? Also the return line closest to the belt poped off an the was fuel about but replacing it and priming the filter hast worked so I don’t think it air

please help me with any knowledge thank you

Working...
X