No announcement yet.

DS3 PlastiDip Pimpin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right guys need help lol im gonna plasti dip my whole ds3, and if ive worked it out correctly you need about 4 gallons, which is around 18 litres, now does this sound right lool cause in my mind thats a lottttt even if im doing like 6/7 coats 18 litres is a lot no ? I was gonna get the 5 litre can and by the time i thin it out its like 9/10 litres of dip surely thats enough ? Anyone got experience in dipping a whole car ?
    THEO D

Comment

What is the base colour? Just bear in mind that plastidip can stain the original paint work, especially if they are quite contrasting colours.

Comment

the base colour is black, and i wanna go matte black, so what'd you think ?
        THEO D

Comment

I'm sure that would be fine. It's when people with white cars turn them black, or orange or the like that the problems happen.

Comment

Good luck, will you be posting before/during and after pics ? I can't wait to see how it looks
            sigpic

Comment

off course, I'm thinking of doing a vid as well but not sure yet, just waiting for a decent bit of weather aha
              THEO D

Comment

Love this looks great

Comment

Any way i can remove the grille(chrome chevrons) and the chrome trim(surrounding the lower grille)? I want to spray them somewhere warm and dry. Can i just pull them of? Is there perhaps a how to guide?
                  http://www.autoweek.nl/verbruik/13739/citroen-ds3-e-hdi-90-so-chic-2011

Comment

Originally posted by kistigun View Post
                    Any way i can remove the grille(chrome chevrons) and the chrome trim(surrounding the lower grille)? I want to spray them somewhere warm and dry. Can i just pull them of? Is there perhaps a how to guide?
                    You'll probably have to take the bumper off (though not 100% sure if you can just pull them off). I know someone who plasti-dipped their chevrons and they said they wished they had got them wrapped
                    DS3 Evo Edition
                    Sport Red
                    E8 DRY

Checkout my Build Thread: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....s-Build-Thread
                    Scottish Meet Part 2: http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread....sh-Meet-Part-2

Comment

Taking off and wrapping will cost at least 10 times spraying them plastidip in situ
                      Piece of cake in situ. Half hr masking, 2 mins spraying :-)

Put the car in a warm garage- or wait fro the summer.
                      Its nice messing around on cars on a hot sunny day
                      sigpic
                      Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Euan View Post
                        You'll probably have to take the bumper off (though not 100% sure if you can just pull them off). I know someone who plasti-dipped their chevrons and they said they wished they had got them wrapped
                        sprayed my chevrons 2 years ago and am still very happy with them.
                        Originally posted by cyclone
                        It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                        Originally posted by Broda
                        I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

i know I'm a little late to the thread but it looked a good job!
                          i have just purchased a ds3 and was thinking of using this.

Was it easy enough to use and did it give a good finish?

Comment

Working...
                          X