Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction and DS3 Track Car Progress Thread

Hi All,

Some of you may have met me at a few events over the past couple of years... Wales Rally GB 2011 and FCS 2012 amongst others.

Here is a thread with the progress of my track car build.

As always, feel free to drop me a pm and I look forward to seeing a lot of you again soon. I will try and share my automotive expertise wherever objectively possible

It's a long time since I have actively used a forum so if there a problems with the photos please let me know and I will change them.

John

So... to build a DS3 track car.

Start off with one very untidy and not very useful garage.

Bought some workshop basics

Knocked up a made to fit workbench. Being a single garage, space is a premium so... everything must have a home.

Hammer and chisel out some half lap for shelving.

Trial fit of shelves.

Shelves and workbench all fitted. Just requiring support brackets now.

Shelves and bench all done in this photo. Bungees hold some of the bigger stuff up there out of the way. Nice and tidy!

Then I decided to plumb my compressor in properly and add power. Here are a few pictures.

Bending pipe using my knee was surprisingly easy to get right.

One outlet for tools, another outlet for spraying.

Then the garage was about ready for delivery of the DS3 track car. £80 on a flatbed for 140 miles... no idea how he even broke even at that price but I'm not complaining.

I will update with progress each time I have done a bit of work on the car. I am hoping this will be most weekends... evenings during the week aren't happening at the moment because of the lack of daylight and weather. Hope you enjoy.

Nice one but where's the car, lol. Lot of work in the garage only wish I had one.

Comment

Wut?
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

:rolleyes:

Comment

Bit more progress this evening.

I finally got the hose whip for my windy gun... I really think that everyone needs one of these in their life. I then managed to untighten all the siezed bolts holding on the fly wheel and removed it. Strangely it wasn't on a taper and just pulled straight off.

The engine is now on an engine stand. Who needs an engine hoist when you can deadlift like a champ?

I also started to remove the bumpers which I don't need and will be selling. As with all bumpers, there is always a sneaky sneaky bolt. The sneaky sneaky bolt on a DS3 happens to be behind two arch liners, a vent for the rear light cluster and then some sound deadening :s. Only managed to get half a job done because it took me so long to find it.

Comment

You're not fooling us Jon. It's a Peugeot, lol.

Comment

Please don't send me to the 106 forum.

Comment

A Pug ? That's just rude...... Lol
                sigpic

Comment

In John's defence I suggested he post here to see if there was any interest from you other mech-minded folk.

That and the guys over on the 106 forum are just as bad as those on C2.
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Fair enough, I'd much rather read the updates here than actually do work !
                    sigpic

Comment

That didn't take long to uncover. Yah keep posting would like see your progress
                      Originally posted by cyclone
                      It is in the handbook. Satisfied.
                      Originally posted by Broda
                      I would rather teabag a bear trap

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                        In John's defence I suggested he post here to see if there was any interest from you other mech-minded folk.

That and the guys over on the 106 forum are just as bad as those on C2.
                        True dat.

http://106owners.co.uk/forums/showth...is-right/page2

Anyone remember this? Check page two for photos.

Comment

we don't mind. wish I had a garage, lol.

Comment

Just to get it right then
                            Theres no DS3 Track car, as in the title, on this DS3 Car site?:confused:
                            CBLUE
                            sigpic
                            Jog on Noddy

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue View Post
                              Just to get it right then
                              Theres no DS3 Track car, as in the title, on this DS3 Car site?:confused:
                              CBLUE
                              Don't know what you're on about. Looks like a Ds3 to me.
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X