Dans small build thread....finally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dans small build thread....finally!

With the weather getting better it's time to get out and start with my plans for the car at long last.

Planning :
    Taillight inserts
    Rear windscreen mould
    Wind deflectors
    Mud flaps
    New bulbs
    Painted calipers
    Front splitter
    New springs
    Bov
    Various bits vinyl wrapped
    Maybe miltek system and remap

Going to get out today to hopefully make a start on a few of the bits I already have.
    Spoke to a local company about the vinyl wraps and hopefully going to put the car in in a couple of weeks and then just a trip up to Jamie at sptuning soon to talk about the exhaust system and other bits.

Will post updates and pics as progress happens, hopefully some later today
    Last edited by Ds3Dan; 17-02-2013, 09:43.

good to see mate the taillight inserts , wind deflectors , rear windscreen mould , new bulbs and painted calipers can all be done at home and wont cost an awful lot

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
      good to see mate the taillight inserts , wind deflectors , rear windscreen mould , new bulbs and painted calipers can all be done at home and wont cost an awful lot
      Ye I have all the bits already so they will all be on soon

Comment

color u doing the calipers ? giv us shout if u get stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by mattds3sport View Post
          color u doing the calipers ? giv us shout if u get stuck.
          Was going to do them red today but got out there and realised no jack so couldn't get the wheels off so that will be a job for another day.

Comment

Well got out today and fitted front and rear mudflaps and wind deflectors.
            Also changed most bulbs.
            Silver vision indicator bulbs
            Led sidelights

Led number plate lights

Osram nightbreakers

Attached Files

Comment

v nice , good work mate just ur rear window mould and light inserts and then its onto the big expensive stuff

Comment

Ye just waiting to get them wrapped with a few other things then we need to take that trip up to Jamie

Comment

oh yes added more stuff to the list for him to do as we speak building up the kitty slowly

Comment

I want to change my amber indicator bulbs to the chrome ones, not sure what type to get though, have seen these

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/581...tor-bulbs.html

But not sure what type the current ones are in the DS3 - would appreciate any advice from those who have already changed theirs.

Thanks

Edit - Just read the pdf manual link posted by WTF and found out that the indicator bulbs are PY21W bulbs..... Off to find some on Amazon now !
                    Last edited by lfcrule1972; 28-02-2013, 12:50.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      I want to change my amber indicator bulbs to the chrome ones, not sure what type to get though, have seen these

But not sure what type the current ones are in the DS3 - would appreciate any advice from those who have already changed theirs.

Thanks
                      The ones you've linked to are suitable.
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Cheers Arlow, ordering some now
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post

Thanks

Edit - Just read the pdf manual link posted by WTF and found out that the indicator bulbs are PY21W bulbs..... Off to find some on Amazon now !
                          Easiest thing to do would just be to take the chrome ones from the rear lights and replace those with the front ones and vice versa.
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

I hadn't thought of doing that, thanks for the tip.... I've ordered a set of chrome PY21W's now but worth knowing if this is asked again.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                              Easiest thing to do would just be to take the chrome ones from the rear lights and replace those with the front ones and vice versa.
                              Trouble with this, as I noticed the day after we did it at the meet, is that now the you can see the orange bulbs in the rear lights.

After noticing that I ordered some Phillips Silver Vision from Amazon (PY21W) along with some Osram Night Breaker Plus bulbs (H1 & H7) which I've been meaning to get for a while.
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                              X