DS3Club does TopGear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3Club does TopGear

This is very, very early days and is purely to see who's interested...

But basically, how would people feel about a DS3Club track day on the TopGear test track? The TopGear track is a nice safe track to start on if you have never been on a track before.. or a fun one if you're experienced.

Hiring the track is not cheap, the price that individuals pay will reflect how many are going. (I'm hoping £125 each, could be less)

This would be in 2018 and it may well be a weekday, so people might need to book holiday. (Basically there's 2 prices and we need a slot on the cheaper price). Given we are looking at 2018, there's time for people to book holiday.

I have been on an event like this with the Mini owners club and it was GREAT FUN. I'll pop a couple of videos / photos at the bottom.

There are plenty of advantages for doing this.. it's not like Combe or trax etc... we literally get given the track and then we get 100% left alone... it's for us to do as we please. There's also all the planes around the edge that you can have group photos in front of.

I know as with everything, people will say they want to come and when push comes to shove money won't appear. I would be looking at deposits (payable to DS3Club) quite early on when plans are actually being looked at with the organisers.

Oh, I might even organise a meal after.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't work out to edit into first post on tapatalk :(

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks good to me Tom :) Thanks for posting!

We had great numbers at this years events, around 50 for French Car Show, so if we start now and push throughout the year and lead up we should be able to get numbers really high and a low cost to all.

What's the plan now, just get a list going of those who like the sound of it?

My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

I can't take term time holiday so unless it's a weekday in Hamphire school holiday times I can't do it :(
        ///DStyle+ VTi 120 in white/black/red ///
        Join the Facebook Group!
        Join the Discord Server!

Comment

Originally posted by WTF
          Looks good to me Tom :) Thanks for posting!

We had great numbers at this years events, around 50 for French Car Show, so if we start now and push throughout the year and lead up we should be able to get numbers really high and a low cost to all.

What's the plan now, just get a list going of those who like the sound of it?

I think so... I'll find out a bit more about likely dates today for the lower tier prices.

The best weather the last few years has been early summer hasn't it? April / May?

Comment

Originally posted by BenS
            I can't take term time holiday so unless it's a weekday in Hamphire school holiday times I can't do it :(
            Hopefully have a couple of dates later

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom
              Hopefully have a couple of dates later
              Enough about your love life, we want to know when we can do a track day!

I’m up for this, providing we can get enough people committed that it’s not super expensive.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I'm looking to do the Big Heritage meet in April, but this would be a great place to get loads of people involved and geared up for the Big Track Day.
                May - Mod Nats
                June - Maybe FCS
                July - Maybe FCS
                August - Holland Trip & Wings and Wheels

So I'd say late June or July? July would be good, with everyone at French Car Show (at either June OR July) we can push it more again - take cash deposits etc. Fingers crossed for some some better weather later in the year too :)
                My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I'm definitely up for this if non-DS3's can take part Tom.

As Beefy said would prefer more attendees to keep the cost down but as an initial showing, I'm in! (please copy and paste the list)

1.BeefMasta
                  2.lfcrule
                  sigpic

Comment

This sounds cool.
                    As mentioned, if we can get enough people signed up then it'll be a good day out!

Do they require helmets, gloves etc orrr?

1.BeefMasta
                    2.lfcrule
                    3.Moonhead (Sam)

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

DStort
                    DSport interior | 130bhp Chipped | Powerflow Exhaust

Comment

Nope, from the research Tom has done the club, as organiser, makes the rules, the owners of Dunsfold leave you to it :)
                      sigpic

Comment

We didn't use helmets or gloves last time, if you have some you're welcome to bring them though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sign me up!!
                          White on red THP
                          Miltek exhaust with HKS highflow cat, Forge intercooler, hard pipe kit, induction kit, oil catch tank, , VAG BOV, Stage 3 SPT remap 217 BHP

Comment

1.BeefMasta (& Kat!)
                            2.lfcrule
                            3.Moonhead (Sam)
                            4.Jamie
                            5. Joni & Liam

My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

For the right price I would be very keen

Comment

Working...
                              X