This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meets and shows - Info and FAQ's

Everyone is welcome to meets, standard, modded, dirty and clean - if it’s a DS3 - its already pretty awesome to us! Keep up to date with our diary - here

Meets
    These are low key informal catch ups. Just members of the club getting together to take part in an activity or just catch up over some lunch.

Generally (depending on the weather) we get to together outside and chat about mods we have done, mods others have done, things that we would like to do. Faults, dinks and snoop around different models!

FAQ’s
    Will you out a meet on near where I live?
    Everyone is encouraged to hold a meet, if you think you know of a good back drop for photos, a great road to drive, a place that does great food – get a thread up and see who would be up for meeting! You won’t know until you suggest it how popular it will be.

Tip
    Set your dates and location – from experience it’s great to post the defint
    es so people know when and where. We had an Alton Towers thread up on C2Club that must have gone on for about a year and still no date was set. If people can’t come to this one, make it a regular haunt so they can come next time!

Shows
    We park together as a club on our designated club area. There is always heaps to do at shows, so park up on the club stand and enjoy your day! Each show will have a different attraction and reason for you to go!

FAQ
    I haven’t done any mods at all to my car – am I still ok to come to the big shows?

Of course! There isn’t any standard or criteria you need to hit to take part in them.

Does my car have to be really clean to be on the DS3Club stand?
    Nope! Some people like to wipe any mud away and some like to drive and park – there isn’t any 5 star shine rating you need to meet.

Do I have to stay with you on the stand all day?
    There are restrictions about cars moving from the stand, and these will be with the show information. However you can park your car up and leave the stand and spend your day as you wish!

How do I get tickets for the shows?
    There are two ways, each show is different so please check the thread for the information.

One
    You buy your ticket via the show website, if it asks you for a club name, just pop in DS3Club.

Two
    We buy tickets as a group, the tickets are sent to me and I then distribute to everyone prior to the event. Please keep up to date on deadlines for this way. I need to get a lot of information together from everyone so sending more than I need and as early as possible is a great help!

Please also note the cut off dates for these, we had a few people last year send money for Trax tickets up to a week after I had set the deadline, I hate having to tell people they can’t come, but the deadlines are there for a reason!

What do I need to take?
    • Tickets and window passes – we don’t get any spare, so please remember these
    • All weather gear! We can never predict the weather, so it’s always wise to pack some SPF 50 and a waterproof.
    • Camping chairs – great for sitting around in a group, or for just sitting with your friends & family near your car
    • Snacks and drinks – Early starts tend to mean local amenities won’t be open on the way. So it’s always a great idea to pack some bottled water and some snacks to keep you going! The food at shows is often burgers, noodles and curry – so if you don’t fancy something from a takeout stall, you could always pick up some sandwiches to eat there!
    • Cash – There are cash machines on site, but queues and charge fee’s it’s always a great idea to have some cash on you

Everyone is welcome to suggest and post meets, and if you need the support from Admin to do the paperwork, just PM me.
    Find it - The Show
    Post it - The Details
    Bump it - Keep your thread going!
    Book it - Get Admin to organise the paperwork and boring bits
    Drive it - Get there
    Love it - Have a great day out!!

We are a club, and when club together awesome things happen! 'If you book them they will come'

Any questions, please fire away!
    Any hints and tips from show regulars, please feel free to comment and suggest things! Or even to reply with what it's like to go with the club! Do you have a favorite you have attended? Post away and get people as excited as you are about 2015!

Don't forget to check out photo's from past meets and shows! - HERE
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Great post Joni . I remember feeling really nervous about attending my first meet last year, and I really shouldn't have done! For anyone umming and arring, everyone is really friendly and we've already got something in common so start talking about DS3s and go from there! I truly believe that this is one of the best communities out there!

Comment

Brilliant post. I too was a bit unsure on my first meet at FCS 13. So glad I came. Great day and met so many fantastic people.
      2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Great post, Joni! I agree with Wes and Mark - I was super nervous driving down to the meeting point for Longleat in June, but was immediately made to feel welcome and part of the group We're a great bunch.
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Trax needs updating in the diary

Comment

I too had my first meet last year, and it was Mark & Kat I first said hi too at the Longleat meeting point. We all had a great weekend then, and I like many others spent the rest of the year travelling all over the country to other meets. All ages are represented, and we always have a good time.
            I am now looking forward to all the meets this year brings!
            sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
            Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Great post, I agree with everything said. My first meet, Liam tried to persuade me to wear a onesie and we've been good friends ever since.

I've met a lot of wonderful people through this forum and going to meets is a big part of that, you get to know people a lot better in a few hours at a meet than in months of posting on here.

If you're not sure or nervous about meeting up, come and say hello, you might even get a club doughnut / cupcake
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

i too agree with everyone else, I now have some new great friends through the meets at Krispy Kreme .
                don't be nervous or shy just turn up to a meet, you will be made very welcome
                If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
                  Great post, I agree with everything said. My first meet, Liam tried to persuade me to wear a onesie and we've been good friends ever since.

I've met a lot of wonderful people through this forum and going to meets is a big part of that, you get to know people a lot better in a few hours at a meet than in months of posting on here.

If you're not sure or nervous about meeting up, come and say hello, you might even get a club doughnut / cupcake
                  That's cause Liam wanted to get you into bed Patrick
                  http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                  2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                  DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Originally posted by mark.a-ds3 View Post
                    That's cause Liam wanted to get you into bed Patrick
                    Sounds about right!
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Great post! And I wondered about some of those when I first when to a meet so pretty sure other people might have thought the same too.
                      Aka:
                      Alex

:ds3:
                      Blue Phoenix
                      DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Originally posted by XanderCage13 View Post
                        Great post! And I wondered about some of those when I first when to a meet so pretty sure other people might have thought the same too.
                        At the end of the day we are all there for one thing to enjoy and appreciate the ds3 and make some new great friends .
                        so if you have never been to any local. Meets or shows don't be scared we always have a great laugh and everyone is always made to feel welcome.
                        http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
                        2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
                        DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Great info. Elaine and I went to Wings and Wheels this year and we were welcomed by all the club members from the start......which is why we want to keep coming back! You are all a great bunch of people and fun to be with too.
                          LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                            Great info. Elaine and I went to Wings and Wheels this year and we were welcomed by all the club members from the start......which is why we want to keep coming back! You are all a great bunch of people and fun to be with too.
                            Thank you
                            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Just bumping this thread for info!

I see so many comments about, you need to make a meet here.... make it happen!!

Everyone is welcome to suggest and post meets, and if you need the support from Admin to do the paperwork, just PM me.
                              Find it - The Show/The location
                              Post it - The Details
                              Bump it - Keep your thread going!
                              Book it - Get Admin to organise the paperwork and boring bits if needed for a show
                              Drive it - Get there
                              Love it - Have a great day out!!
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                              X