Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regional Meets - Where will you take us?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Meets - Where will you take us?

Meets by joni Brace, on Flickr

We will continue as we always do with our presence at shows, threads will be posted and linked back to the 2016 diary. As ever, if you know of a show you think we should attend, please let me know and I’ll support you. If however there is little interest please do not get disheartened if it proves not feasible.

It’s not secret we love meets – local, low key and laid back! Who better to organise something than someone with a plethora of local knowledge - be it the best pub lunch, drives and photo opportunities. Only you know what you have to show off in your area, so invite along some DS3Club members and share a great morning/ afternoon together.

There are 12 regions, all you need to do is announce your area, plan a meet, post a thread and make it an awesome day out for everyone who is attending. We want everyone to feel they can organise a meet, and encourage all members to get together. For that reason we don’t have regional reps.

To request your one free decal, please PM me with your address and then area from the list below:
    • Northern Ireland
    • Scottish
    • North East
    • North West
    • Yorkshire
    • East Midlands
    • West Midlands
    • Welsh
    • East Anglian
    • London
    • South East
    • South West

With your selected colour from:
    • Red
    • Yellow
    • Black
    • White
    • Blue
    • Orange
    • Purple
    • Pink
    • Grey
    • Green (dark and bright)

(pics to follow once I have cut a few)

Everyone is welcome to suggest and post meets, and if you need the support from Admin to do the paperwork, just PM me.
    Find it - The Show/The location
    Post it - The Details
    Bump it - Keep your thread going!
    Book it - Get Admin to organise the paperwork and boring bits if needed for a show
    Drive it - Get there
    Love it - Have a great day out!!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

WTF, Regions are the best idea ever to encourage and promote local meets and informal events...I love the colour coded idea,just that ,as we have often found it is hard to please everyone all the time for example this time with colour choice! I am open to region colours and accepting that there just aren`t enough colours to suit all tastes all the time too! I would be willing to go with popular consensus however.

I also look forward to organising some informal meets in Hants/Surrey and beyond under the South East banner! 2016 is going to be great for DS3 owners!
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Maybe a South and North colour code? maybe that will be easier than a lot of different colours? just a suggestion

Yh i'm up for a meet nearish me JEZDS3 is not too far from me
      Last edited by jamie1987; 29-02-2016, 11:42.

Comment

Originally posted by jamie1987 View Post
        Maybe a South and North colour code? maybe that will be easier than a lot of different colours? just a suggestion

Yh i'm up for a meet nearish me JEZDS3 is not too far from me
        Not far from us in Oxfordshire either
        Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
        Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Oh Kat and Beefy could be honorary guests for the Southern meets
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jamie1987 View Post
            Good Shout, but sounds a bit like North Vs South. And we know everyone loves that battle

I've added details to the OP now
            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

I am going to post a Yorkshire meet thread as promised i am just working on the locations i want to be organised with it so people can have the best from it problem is there is so many good drives around here its hard to pick!, glad you sorted the colours out
              Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
              E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                Good Shout, but sounds a bit like North Vs South. And we know everyone loves that battle

I've added details to the OP now
                Possibly lol, I reckon it's probably the easiest way tho

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
                  Not far from us in Oxfordshire either
                  Yh it's not too far maybe organise something near us all

Jamie

Comment

North/South!....Noooooooooo!! I`ve got relatives up in Aberdeenshire!

sigpic

Comment

Well as previously mentioned on this post, I enjoyed organising the Hants/Surrey informal meets last year,the regional meet thread is raising people`s awareness that more informal meets are possible and we are chatting about it too,so bring it on! Look forward to this in 2016.

Plus already working on an informal meet for end of June 2016 to Henley area or Burnham Beeches near Maidenhead! Several members have already shown an interest in this one, with some cracking formal meets on between now and June, this allows time to build interest and plan!
                      Last edited by JEZDS3; 29-02-2016, 18:42.

sigpic

Comment

Personally I think fixed colours for regions works best.

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
                          Personally I think fixed colours for regions works best.
                          It's what I would have preferred, would mean making them a lot easier and less time consuming for me. But I listen to the members here and I don't tell them that what I say goes. Already had requests for non regional colours, so it's better to go with what people will be happy with.

It's been concluded and added to to OP, so it's not open for chat *case closed* Tom
                          My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Bump for 2017
                            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2422334#

We need something to happen north of Manchester guys!
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                              X