Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Weekend In Paris...

Hey Guys,

Obviously We're Still Here Atm But While I Wait For The Others To Shower And Get Changed Before We Go Out I Thought I'd Let You In On Some Of The Things You Guys Missed Today At The Race Circuit...

First Of All The Weather Was Fantastic All Day - Sunny Skies And Nice And Warm ! So We All Met In The Centre Of Town Where We Filled A Supermarkets Carpark With DS3's ! We Then Had A Convoy ( Miles Long ) To The Track Led By Mr Steff ( Soleron ) Himself...

At The Track We Were Briefed Etc And Were Split Into 3 Groups And Each Group Went Off To Do A Different Workshop...

My 1st One Was A Dynamic Driving Exercise Where Everyone Had The Chance To Do A Few Laps Around The Circuit In Both A THP And A DS3 RACING :cool: We Went Out With A Proffesional Racing Driver And They Were Basically Showing Us How Good Our Cars Are In Terms Of Acceleration And Then Hard Braking ( Emergency Stop Style ) From Top Speed And Also How Planted DS3s Are When Weaving Around Cones At High Speed. They'd Let Us Have A Few Laps First Then They Took To The Wheel ! ( I Have Videos And I'll Upload Them Tomorrow ! )...

Then We Had Lunch... OM NOM NOM...

My 2nd Workshop Was A Tour And Talk Of The History, The Current + The Future Of The DS Brand. It Was Done By Several Citroen People Including The Designer Of The DS3. He Was Kind Enough To Give Out A Copy Of The Original Picture He Gave To The Citroen Bosses When Asked Him To Design The Car And He Signed A Copy Each For Us. They Had An Original DS21, A DS3 With Funky Golden Lined Roof And A DS4. Basically There Was Alot Of Talking Involved Where They Talked About The Past, Present And Future Of The DS Brand. Some Things That We Learned :-

Despite It Being A large Family Saloon - The Back Windows On A DS4 Dont Go Down Or Open At All !
    DS5 Is Confirmed,
    Citroen Are Thinking About A Scheme Only For DS Models Where You Can Take Your Own Colour/s To Them And They'll Do Your Car In It,
    They Originally Desinged A Diesel Version Of The DS3 Racing,
    In The Near Future Citroen Willl Try To Further Separate The DS Line From The Other Models By Creating Original Designs That Aren't Lookalike Copies Of The Basic Line Up ( E.g DS3 + C3 ) And Also By Making DS Specific Dealerships Across Europe,
    No-one Seems To Know Why The UK Doesn't Come With Heated Seats ?
    The Convertable DS3 Is REAL - They're Not Sure When It Will Be At Production Stage But It's Happening + It Keeps The Shark Fin !

My 3rd Workshop Was "Thrill Of The Track" As They Called It. We Were Allowed in 2 DS3 Racings With More Proffesional Drivers And The Drivers Raced Each Other At Full Speed Around The Track - Often Coming Within Cm's Of Each Other ( Again Videos Will Be Posted Tomorrow )
    Some Of The Luckier People Who Turned Up Got To Be Literally Thrown Around The Track In A DS3 WRC ( Not Joking ! ) Its An Unbelieveable Machine ! Despite Being Lowered And Widened The Driver Was Still Able To Go So Fast He Was Putting It On 3 Wheels ! - Not For The Faint Hearted As Some Of The Passengers Were Getting Out Of It Shaking !

Then We Had Crepes ( Pancakes ) OM NOM NOM...

Then To Finish Off All The Cars Where Driven Around The Track In A Line A Few Times And Then We Shot Off Back To The Hotel ( Didn't Want To Stay For Food As We Were All Super Tired ! ).

Any Questions Feel Free To Ask !

Pics + Vids Will Be Up Soon !

Oh And A MASIVE THANKYOU To The Whole Track, Citroen + DS3Spirit Teams ! Steff ( Soleron ) Has Been An Awesome Host, Thankyou For Inviting Us Over + I'll Definitely Be Coming Again !

http://ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php?...France&p=23170
    Last edited by ZACK; 05-04-2011, 21:37.

I'm Jealous

Comment

Sounds A-maze!! :-D

Thanks Zack, look forward to seeing the photos!

Good news re the shark fin too!

Did you enjoy the drive in the Racing ed? ;-)
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

You should write this as a blog maye? Be the first to get the blog ball rolling?

And here is the link that I posted to the meet thread, so others can see some Photos:
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
          Did you enjoy the drive in the Racing ed? ;-)
          Omg Loved It !

Just A Bit Quicker Than My 90... :L

Comment

It might have been better if they had gone ahead with the Diesel version of the Racing, I've just read the Racing supplement to the owners hand book and it recommends 98 ron unleaded, so it's not going to be cheap to fill up with super unleaded all the time :-(

Sounds like you had a great time, would have been good to go but lack of info about when my car was due and having to work this weekend meant I didn't even consider trying to get the time off.
            Last edited by Arlow; 02-04-2011, 21:36.
            DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Ah, but the real question is: Why Do You Put A Capital Letter On Every Word In A Sentence?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thevirtalrunner View Post
                Ah, but the real question is: Why Do You Put A Capital Letter On Every Word In A Sentence?
                Its My Thaaaang =D

Comment

Sounds like it was a great event and Citroen went out of their way to ensure everyone got something out of the visit.

Just a real shame that circumstances prevented me from going - I was gutted when I realised that due to work commitments it just wans't going to happen.

Glad to hear that you guys all had a real blast. Looking forward to hearing more about it from you all.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Comment

Originally posted by CooperKiller View Post
                    Oh well, maybe next time.
                    Thats Another Thing - There WILL Be A Next Time - Citroen Want To Do Something Every Year At Different Locations For The DS Range Owners As Like A Thankyou !

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                      Thats Another Thing - There WILL Be A Next Time - Citroen Want To Do Something Every Year At Different Locations For The DS Range Owners As Like A Thankyou !
                      Awesome

Comment

Good One Zack! It Sounds Amazing! Great Post! Must Have Taken You Ages To Type!.. God i'm exhausted!

Will definitely try and go next year. Looking forward to the pics and vids!

Comment

Nice update on the meet Zack, photos is what im waiting for....It seems the french have outdone themselves once again and all credit to them.

Soleron even though i didnt go and neither did 95% of the UK Forum members, i just wanted to say Thank You for organising such a beautiful reunion

Comment

Nice one zack am glad your wrote this and made me and probz the rest of the club jelouse

Sounds like we all missed out :'(

Comment

Just got back and will post photos and vid in about an hour!!

Comment

Working...
                              X