DS3club goes to France - Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3club goes to France - Friday

Friday was a 5am start for me to meet Martin at 7am, car packed up and we are on our way to meet John.

We’re off, heading down towards Dover with one stop to get Martin his Latte at Costa at Medway Services
    Both cars on the ferry and we left dover for a first DS3 meet abroad for John and myself, Martin going to the first anniversary celebrations last year. Lots of people watching as we went on our way.

Off the ferry it baffled my tiny mind driving on the other side of the road! We stopped at the first rest stop to meet up with Kaibilly who had driven down form Belguim.

3 DS3’s in our convoy to Poissy!

The meet was at 5:45, so as we checked in at 5:40 we said hi and bye to the hotel receptionist we were off for our first meet, the tour of the PSA Peugeot Citroen Factory.

We MAY have got lost and MAY have gone to wrong part, but this factory is so vast, it is no surprise. We did see a lot of DS3's as we tried to pinpoint where we needed to be.

Back on track we checked in for our tour.

Entering the factory to thearea set up with a DS3, DS4 and DS5, all underlit and with the 200,000 celebration advertised.

Getting our high vis vests to wear to make it quite clear to the factory staff we were fanboys, this became clear as we walked past various sections they would acknowledge us with jeers

Amazing to see how the cars come together, from the paint tunnel between two sections, a red one, blue, white, black, white, red – all in no order and all looking very empty shells, but very much so a DS3 in its own right. Walking past engines, dash covers it was such a shame we weren’t allowed to take photo’s. Spirals of wheels coming down to find its timed arrival at its designated car. Dodging engines suspended and moving along we passed the area with bumpers waiting for cars, these are prepped and painted off site and arrive here.

From shells to wheels, to interiors watching the robot arms put our cars together was amazing.

Back on the coach we were off to another part of the Factory – the Racings. We entered the room to see a white, black and Loeb, all parked up and lit at the entrance. An awesome site.

We watched the production of how a DS3 becomes a Racing/Loeb. This was mainly the Loeb as we walked around the much quieter area, time, care and attention applied to each detail, from new brakes, the mat body work and small details that set this DS3 off and make already an stand our car, stand out even more.

This area of the factory also has a Friday car in pride of place

Back on the coach to the start we chatted before being ushered through into an auditorium with a standard DS3, a prestige, a Racing and a Rally.

We had a presentation about the DS range from 3 off the top bods at Citreon, all this building up what we hoped would be the reveal of the DS9, watched an extened video hyped this theory up more, and not understanding what was being said, this is what we made up was going to happen!

As the music started to play, we turn to the stage and the curtain lifts to reveal a box . . . a box .. . well it was a large box, but we hoped this would be lifted to reveal the 9. Again not understanding what was going on we were ushered on the stage 4 at a time, turning the corner there are 4 letter box holed to look into this box, inside? The DS3 Cabrio.

As Martin has said, think Fiat 500 . . .

Back in to entrance we had snacks and a goody bag

For Mix

Phew! What a day, now off for dinner – when in France, why not have Pizza!

At about 10pm our day was over and we headed back to our hotel for another early start tomorrow . . . . .
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Forgot to mention the Freebies - T Shirt (for slim folk), exclusive artwork, model cars, Loeb badge, food etc

Comment

Citroen treats its customers and especially the owners of the DS line, which now form an exclusive club. They were invited to a weekend of your dreams

Where am I!! I spy Martin and Arlow

It's a weekend they will not forget anytime soon. Hundred and fifty special guests, great lovers of Citroen , and especially the DS line, were received on the Poissy site Friday night for a tour of the factory, before being greeted by Gaëlle Monteiller, the Site Director, Thierry Metroz, the director of Citroën style, and Frederic Banzet, CEO of the brand, for an evening full of surprises.

In confidentiality until September, the Citroën however did not hesitate to open its doors for the DS Days, an operation. To celebrate the success of models DS3, DS4 and DS5, already with 200,000 sales just two years.

After a visit to the studio dressing box, then a transition to the assembly hall, the fans ended the visit at a run by the racing workshop, specially dedicated to the DS3. The excited VIP did not hide their joy behind the scenes of making the car of their dreams.
      Holland, Britain, Belgium, Pas de Calais, Haute-Marne, Oise and Yvelines course, the fans did not hesitate to hit the road for this unique opportunity.
      "We closed our restaurant for the evening, and I can tell you it is very rare," say Agnes and Jean-Guy Paternotte, came from Noyon (Oise).
      This pair of fifties swears by Citroën.

"The comfort is unmatched," said Jean-Guy, who admits to having been seduced by the concept number nine, the new premium sedan which will be officially presented at the Beijing Auto Show, April 23, and they had a glimpse through a movie broadcast advertising for the occasion. "It will not for now, but I can not wait to try it," says the restaurateur.

A little further on, the fans of the DS3 flock to the huge black box installed on a stage. Some possible to see the killer DS3 convertible that will not be presented to the public before school starts. "Frankly, it looks pretty good," says Amaury, a young 20 year old student whose parents come to offer a DS3. For most fans, including many members of the forum DS3 Spirit, a museum visit Citroën was held Saturday and, for fans of WRC rallies, laps in Citroen DS3 were held yesterday afternoon at the circuit Sougy , Orléans (Loiret). We'll drive the same car that Sebastien Loeb , "raved already two friends who came especially from Boulogne-sur-Mer (Pas-de-Calais).

Here
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        Where am I!! I spy Martin and Arlow
        Hiding behind the bins trying to get a sneaky shot of the Loeb
        DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

You copy and pasting my posts again

Thought no one had made a comment lol

Comment

Working...
          X