Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS3club goes to France - Saturday (picture heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3club goes to France - Saturday (picture heavy)

Saturday!

Another early start for us as we had to meet up with everyone at silly o’clock. Getting out of the cars I managed to take about 4 photo’s, walk up the line of parked cars to reach the group before turning on my heel to head back to the car. No hanging around with these guys! We had a place to be.

Conservatoire Citroën
    . . . a building 6500 square meters opened in 2001 adjacent to the plant PSA Aulnay-sous-Bois.
    It includes 370 cars and several kilometers of archives and commercial advertising on the site formerly épapillées La Ferte-Viscount, the Rennes plant, one of Aulnay-sous-Bois and in the basement of the Vasco da Gama Street , in the 15th arrondissement of Paris. He always keeps at least two copies of each model.
    Closed to the public, the site receives about 1,200 visitors a year. It is open to collectors, club members Citroen PSA staff, journalists and partners such as Michelin and Total. He prepared and exposes many vehicles in the salons and gatherings of collectors.
    Snapping some more photos as we parked up.

Then into the building

The entrance has Citroen DS5, and cabinets of models and Citroen memorabilia.

The building is vast a crammed full of the history of Citroen. Old 2CV’s, Traction Avant, H vans, DS, Rally cars, Type C and so much more.

Citroën C-Sportlounge - DS5 anyone?!

Back outside, more DS3 talk and photo’s. Looking at what different things people had done to make their DS3 that little bit more uniqie.

And then the Chevron attempt. Only took a few attempts and one guy climbing a tree to try and take the photo.

Martin held my camera on my tripod and I used my remote to try and capture it, but still not so easy to squeeze 20 odd cars into the shot!

Off for lunch.

We went to a local grill and Citroen kindly bought us lunch. Was yummy. But felt very British having ketchup with my French Fries

So after lunch, and a bit of chill out time the bombshell was dropped, the next destination – Paris. The one thing we had hoped we could avoid. At the cars we looked at maps and programmed the sat navs, Martin saying it would be ok if we didn’t go anywhere near the Arc de Triomphe.
    The Police popped by:

On our way *gulp*

As we sat in traffic at the first set of lights it looked like mayhem ahead. Cars wanting to cut in from both lanes, crossing 3 lines – point and drive. No give ways, indicating, taxis whizzing around, mopeds buzzing about and appearing from nowhere, cyclists, pedestrians. LOTS of traffic lights caused us to get split up and it was hard to keep up with where we where to go.
    Finding about 10 cars parked on the roundabout of the Bastille. On it.

Slotting in behind as about 6 circled in the inside we set off again.

Losing sight of all of our convoy, Martin and I pulled over to wait for back up, a White Dsport appeared from the group pulled up and said he would lead us. Saved!

Not seeing Arlow and hoping he had French back up we set off again. And again was madness. Buses now added to the chaos.
    Pulling off the road parallel to the river and heading towards Les Invalides, it was calm again. Parking up and chatting about where everyone else was.

On the other side, back in the car!

We took over the front of this building and attracted lots of attention.

A Mini owner was one admirer who parked up to take our photo, and the DS4 may have backed into them . . .

Moving on.

After we received our DS4 models and everyone had chilled out a bit we set off to leave Paris and head back to our hotels. Our second day concluded. . . .

Driving back over the river Citroen filmed us go past in convoy, as we turned left. There it was. ‘Joni what is that??’ Martin asked ‘Errmm, that ahead, er, the Arc de Triomphe’ Shit.

*photo to be added*

Travelling up the Champs-Élysées, not much was said. We passed the Citroen building.

*photo to be added*

As the Arc got bigger, we pulled a right. We were going under it!! Phew.

Out in the open we all made our way back the hotel. Then off out for dinner, a lovely burger bar within walking distance of the hotel, we needed a drink!

Bed, another long awesome day!

BUT – we didn’t all go UNDER the Arc . . . . .

album
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Originally posted by WTF View Post
    BUT – we didn’t all go UNDER the Arc . . . . .
    No we didn't all go under, the few cars that were still ahead of me went around the Arc de Triomphe, unfortunately I was a little bit busy concentrating on getting through unscathed so no photographic evidence, just mental scars :eek:

For those that don't know about Paris traffic watch this :eek:

Really excellent shots as usual Joni, really like the one along the front of the 2CV's.
    Last edited by Arlow; 19-04-2012, 10:49.
    DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Ahhhhh!! Not the traffic again!

Thank you I have lots more, I'll add all of Saturday to a PB and post the link up.
      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Just gone all hot and sweaty with that clip

Comment

i hope next year no more paris roads

Comment

It's a shame we didn't go here:

Parc André Citroën

Back to Paris anyone?
            My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Did you guys not go to the C42 building?
              ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
              Bigfeet's File Repository
              The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

We went past it and Joni tried to take a quick pic but as we were fast approaching the Arc de Triumphe we had other things on our mind. Like not getting the new car totalled by loony french people! lol

Comment

Fantastic photos WTF, I love the concept cars, just good to see so many of our lovely cars
                  Black Limited Edition 1.6 Hdi

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfeet76 View Post
                    Did you guys not go to the C42 building?
                    Originally posted by ds3adi View Post
                    We went past it and Joni tried to take a quick pic but as we were fast approaching the Arc de Triumphe we had other things on our mind. Like not getting the new car totalled by loony french people! lol
                    You'll love this:

My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Those things get everywhere, one even got in the way of a reversing DS4
                      DS3 Racing, also available in White!!!

Comment

Is that a Poo Brown roof???

Way to go MINI make what is already a munter of a car even more worse!
                        ...I should never have doubted the Lord of Bacon!!
                        Bigfeet's File Repository
                        The DS3Club Bacon Appreciation Society

Comment

Working...
                        X