Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Meet - 8th February - F1K Heathrow

Hey everyone,

Time to get the ball rolling for the next DS3 Club London meet!

We've seen who has the fastest DS3 (obviously me in my 1.2l DSign), now let's see who's fastest on the track, yes we're going go-karting!

There's a brilliant indoor track near Heathrow airport that I've been to a couple of times before. Great karts, great track layout and reasonably priced too.

I've got two provisional dates for this as different events take place on different days, I'm keen to hear which you'd prefer.

Option A: Thursday 29 Januray 2015 - Kartathon

Event starts at 5pm - this will mean a few of you will have to take the afternoon off work but this is the better event of the two.
    For £25 you get unlimited karting between 5pm and 9pm. We all go out on the track in groups for 15 minutes at a time. There will be around 4 groups there so you'll get at least an hour worth of karting for your money. I've done this before, I made the mistake of going during half term so it was uber busy, but I still had a great time.

Option B: Saturday 31st January 2015 - 40 lap race

If we pick this option (which I think is more likely) we'll have a 40 lap race which includes a 10 lap qualifying session and a trophy for the winner.
    It's £40 for the session which isn't too bad!

I'll be looking to book everything early 2015 so the deadline to let me know whether you can make it will be the end of Saturday 3rd January 2015. There may be leeway after this date but I can't guarantee anything!

More info about the location/track can be found here: http://www.f1k.co.uk/tracks/heathrow/

As always with DS3 Club meets everyone is welcome, whether you've been a member from day one or you've just signed up today. You don't even need to be a full member to attend, we're a lovely bunch (mostly) and it's always nice to welcome in new faces.

Hopefully I'll see a lot of you there!

Rich

Great idea!

Will add to the diary
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Sounds like great fun. Unfortunately I already have plans.

Hopefully I can make it to the next one
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        Sounds like great fun. Unfortunately I already have plans.

Hopefully I can make it to the next one
        ah man

Well dates are very provisional at the moment so if there's a Thursday/Saturday/Sunday in January or early February that suits more people we can move it, let's see what everyone says.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardL View Post
          ah man

Well dates are very provisional at the moment so if there's a Thursday/Saturday/Sunday in January or early February that suits more people we can move it, let's see what everyone says.
          Jan 24th is currently free, the rest is already taken up by a hectic social schedule.
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

\sounds like a plan ladies and gents, recently caught the karting bug when I took my nephew in Nov for his birthday.

Immediately bought some more tickets with the adrenaline rushing through my veins lol

Going to the one in Greenwich in Jan also :-)
            Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

London Meet - January 2015 - F1K Heathrow

Count me in ! Literally 10-15 mins from my house the Go-Kart track! It's great! Been there a couple of times before

Comment

I can do the 24th but I'd rather go backwards a week or two than forwards just so that we go after January payday.
                I spoke to them yesterday and they said we can just rock up pay on the day, we don't need to put down a deposit.

Comment

I can do the 24th but I'd rather go backwards a week or two than forwards just so that we go after January payday.
                  I spoke to them yesterday and they said we can just rock up pay on the day, we don't need to put down a deposit.
                  Good plan
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Saturday 7th February, how does that sound for everyone? Sunday 8th can be done too.
                    Last edited by RichardL; 07-12-2014, 11:34. Reason: I forgot how calendars work

Comment

I'm almost definitely up for this , but I'll have to confirm a but nearer the time. I'm starting a new job on the 20th Jan so I'm not sure what I'll be working.

Comment

I'll be up for this

Comment

Saturday 7th February, how does that sound for everyone? Sunday 8th can be done too.
                          Love the reason for the edit! It's a bit too far for me to make it - but sure a good time will be had!
                          Aka:
                          Alex

:ds3:
                          Blue Phoenix
                          DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

I could probably do Sun 8th Feb (I can't do 7th as it's a Saints home game) but it's my best mate's birthday on the 9th so will confirm after she's decided what she's doing
                            Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
                            Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Sunday 8th February it is then!

Let me know if you can make it. I'll start updating with first post with going/maybes.

Comment

Working...
                              X