X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake District 10th - 13th July 2015

Travelodge it is then

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/330/Kendal-hotel

We can have up to 3 adults in each room with 2 pull out beds. At the moment the price is £105 for the 10th - 13th.

Looks like there is plenty of parking here too!

Last edited by TomTom; 19-02-2015, 11:47.

Or the other option... £105 for a double room in a travelodge for the whole stay.

It seems patrick wants to stay in a travelodge and drive slightly further!

Would you all rather do that?

If we get enough people say Ok to that, I'll just try to find somewhere local for the C2'ers to camp if they are low on pocket money that week

Comment

I'd love to come, but going to have to back out now due to work.

Comment

Here's the hotel: http://www.travelodge.co.uk/hotels/330/Kendal-hotel

It's 30 mins from the proposed hostel. I'd rather have a proper bed and do some extra driving.
        - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Travelodge for me as well
          sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
          Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

Travelodge for me too
            Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
            Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Travel lodge for me too [emoji1]
              http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps710a29cb.jpg
              2011 car 2014 LOOKS ;; RETRO FITTED XENON FULL LED SIGNATURE AND DIM LIT DRL'S AT NIGHT OEM +. instagram #Markaucott

build thread My Transformer edition!
              DS3 transformer edition taking on its most radical transformation into a BMW 320 i

Comment

Ok the hammer has fallen for Travelodge
                Last edited by TomTom; 19-02-2015, 11:53.

Comment

Can I join you for the Saturday and Sunday, or will that mess things up?

Comment

Originally posted by mk2k41 View Post
                    Can I join you for the Saturday and Sunday, or will that mess things up?
                    I'm about to do a largeish update. I have organised it so most of it will be on the Sat/Sun with the extra days for folks doing lots of driving

Comment

Here is the rough Itinerary FYI:

Friday:
                      - Arrive
                      - Relax
                      - Meal
                      - Chill
                      - Early night

Sat:
                      - Early start
                      - Lots of driving (rough route will be posted soon)
                      - This will be the day we cover a lot of roads seeking out photos, amazing twisty roads etc
                      - Probably late back!

Sun:
                      - Bit of a lie in due to the long day on Sat
                      - The plan is to do an activity as per below (Please pick)
                      - We will then have some free time for folks to decide what they want to do (maybe another drive, maybe we will discover something else whilst up there)
                      - Then it will generally be a chill evening before folk drive back the following day.

Mon:
                      - FRY UP!
                      - Hugs & Kisses & Goodbyes

I am half expecting some people to attend just for Sat & Sunday. I have tried to cater it so that is fine & they won't miss too much. But the Friday & Monday are needed if you have a longer drive as Sat & Sun are going to be quite busy!

I now need your requests on some activities for one of the days.

I am thinking possibly Go Ape? They have a coupe of options
                      - The general ''Tree top adventure'' - £31pp
                      - Segway - £40pp
                      - Zip trekking adventure - £45pp

I was thinking of the Tree Top Aventure myself. But we can see what the majority are interested in.

The other thing I thought might be a laugh to stop off at for photos (& because entry is only £3.75pp) is ''Puzzling Place''
                      It's basically life size optical illusions! I am not expecting there to me much there for the money - But even if you can get these 3 photos it has to be worth it?

Lakeland Motor Museum - £8pp (there is a chance we may get a little bit of discount here)
                      I think this is just really old school cars based on pictures - Not a mix like haynes motor museum that I believe is in the pipe works

The other one is Paintballing! - £35pp for 500 paintballs etc (£4.50 per extra 100)
                      This could be quite good fun if there is a nice group of us - But you may be bruised for your drive back!

Brewery Tours
                      There are also a fair few in the area - I know DS3 have a strong attraction to a brewery tour. So that's another option.
                      Last edited by TomTom; 19-02-2015, 12:58.

Comment

I'm only 50 minutes drive away so barring any clashes would probably just drive up/down on Saturday/Sunday mornings/evening.

Comment

I don't care what we do but I'm going to that puzzle place at some point haha. Looks mental.
                          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
                            I don't care what we do but I'm going to that puzzle place at some point haha. Looks mental.
                            That room where the chap looks like he is stood on the side apparently really fucks with your mind. Water flows the opposite way etc

Comment

Originally posted by Wes79 View Post
                              I'm going to that puzzle place at some point haha. Looks mental.
                              +1 definitely.
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                              X