Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha.

Mark, just let me know, appreciate it.

I will confirm a little closer to the time about whether or not I can come but should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
      We are more than welcome

Who is up for which day? Is anyone camping?

We'll probably stay with family in Tring.
      I'll probably go on the Sunday

Comment

Some more info

Taking over from the much-missed CXM Rally, this is the inaugural event that should become an essential annual gathering for lovers of all things Citroën. Family friendly and a great place to camp it should be a worthy successor to its erstwhile predecessor Arrive at the recreation ground behind the Shoulder of Mutton pub after 5:30pm on Friday 11th and get in line for the Chip Van! Otherwise it's the weekend 12th-13th September with activities on both days. Supported by the Citroën Car Club UK.

Entry for the weekend: £5 for members, £7 for non-members. £5 for weekend camping.

Breakfast packs (Croissant and jam, Pain au Chocolat, fruit juice, coffee with refills) just £2.50 on Saturday and Sunday. BBQ Saturday evening, and, if there is demand we'll fire the BBQ up Sunday lunchtime too!

There's going to be something there for the whole family with colouring competition and play area for the kids as well as a trip to Bletchley Park on the Saturday lunchtime (so bring a picnic or visit their lovely tearoom)...

There's an Autojumble, trader stands - and a local Citroen dealership are attending too. Visit the 'Tech Corner' for help - with diagnostics available - and enter the Prize Draw to win a Rolling Road session (courtesy of Southways Auto) or a Free Service from Chevronic We've organised a Quiz Night on the Saturday (and we'll be showing a film or two too).

Sunday sees the awarding of the Malcolm Goldberger Trophy so everyone gets a chance to vote for their favourite Citroen... and the organisers will also be awarding a 'Car of the Show' prize.

So make a weekend of it if you can!

Update from Phil on the event page:

DRAFT timetable:

Pay on the gate. Every paid-for car gets a Chevrons Rally sticker, not just a coloured dot. Attendees also get a leaflet and voting / feedback form.

Friday after 6pm:
        Organiser's preparation. Set up camp (if appropriate) and eat Fish and Chips from the van, around 7:15pm.

Saturday: (As I say, this is a draft and is likely subject to some minor changes)
        Breakfast from 8:30am - or earlier if we wake up...
        10:30am - 'Tech Corner' opens
        12:00 - Convoy trip to Bletchley Park. (There's a cafe there or you can organise a picnic yourselves).
        3:30pm - Kid's colouring competition (judged around 5:00)
        4:30pm - Collecting of voting sheets from those not attending Sunday.
        6:00pm - BBQ starts
        7:30pm - Quiz in the hall
        c.9:00pm - Film show in the hall

Sunday:
        Breakfast from 8:30am - or earlier if we wake up...
        10:00am - 'Tech Corner' opens
        11:00am - Kid's colouring competition (judged around 2:30pm)
        12:00 - BBQ (if there's demand)
        2:00pm - deadline for voting forms for the Malcolm Goldberger Trophy
        3:30pm - Awards including the Trophy, colouring prizes, and certificate for Car of the Show, and Shed of the Show (well, it's tradition) from the Club.
        4:30pm - winding up.
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

There's a change of plan re the convoy - details on the Facebook page.

Who is doing what? Just need to see what is going on as it's a maybe from us atm. Just waiting to hear back on something else.

Saturday is more appealing for us - means we can travel back to Manchester. We won't be camping though - after a 3hr journey bed would be much more of a treat!

But if you guys are doing the Sunday we can look at doing that.
          My DS3R3... nearly....
          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
          X