New meet possibility - May - HG4 4AE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New meet possibility - May - HG4 4AE

Hi all, there is a show named cars in the park at Newby Hall in Lichfield on the Sunday 8/5/2016. It's a decent day out, lots of club stands and it's only a fiver to get in. We went last year in our pug, I noticed that ds3 were not there, maybe we could get a gathering there, any thoughts 💭, cheers.
    It's all about the DS:snowy0:

Sounds like fun!
    LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

It's not a bad show, take a look on there website, it would be cool just to show up and laugh at the ford and Vauxhall crowd and ask why lol.

Comment

This one?

http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/

"Cars in the park - Spring" will be held at Newby Hall and is one of our larger meets which attracts more than 500 sports cars. There will also be a number of related stalls on the day.

Cars may leave early, so make sure your there before 2pm at the latest if your wanting to see the cars

Newby Hall was designed by Sir Christopher Wren, with some of Britain's finest Robert Adam interiors Newby Hall is home to a wonderful collection of Chippendale furniture, Gobelins tapestries and classical statuary. With 25 acres of award winning gardens including one of Europe's largest double herbaceous borders, an enchanting woodland walk and a miniature railway, younger visitors will also enjoy the exciting adventure gardens
        Newby Hall will be holding a small plant fair on the day as well

Start time 9:00 display cars only. General public from 11:00 onwards till 16:00

I've edited your title so there's some more info for those reading the thread titles in the recent posts
        My DS3R3... nearly....
        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Yeh that's the one, it's not a bad little show and there's a wetherspoons 5mins away for a full English breakfast start...

Comment

I`d be up for this one,usually better weather in May! I`m off that weekend too!

sigpic

Comment

Hi there,are you both still up for this one as it would be great to come up and within reasonable reach,time and mileage-wise for me! Also, are you turning up or booking tickets in advance to show vehicles in the park?

sigpic

Comment

Hi mate, we just turn up, but will gladly meet you there, as for showing the car I would if enough of us did it then yes. We paid at entrance last year, £5 a go

Comment

Thanks,I was thinking just turn up 11am ish because I would drive up that morning and just park up,get a £5 ticket and have a wander around. Maybe grab a coffee/breakfast etc too.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah pal, there were all sorts of eatery's there last year, hogroasts, burgers, baguettes n the like. Me n the mrs enjoyed all the club stands n classic cars last year.do you ever to Santa pod drag strip?

Comment

Thanks for info. No have not been to Santa Pod.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
                        Thanks,I was thinking just turn up 11am ish because I would drive up that morning and just park up,get a £5 ticket and have a wander around. Maybe grab a coffee/breakfast etc too.
                        Originally posted by Noo View Post
                        Hi mate, we just turn up, but will gladly meet you there, as for showing the car I would if enough of us did it then yes. We paid at entrance last year, £5 a go
                        Does this mean you don't need me to book in a club stand?

More of a casual pop along to the show/day out kind of thing?
                        My DS3R3... nearly....
                        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

It is a casual kinda show Yeh, but ford oc and Peugeot sports oc and mini Cooper oc were all there last year in decent little number's. So we could book if you wanted to, or just arrange something here and meet up, it's up to you guys

Comment

Popping up to the show on a casual basis suits me as it`s £5 to get in! It looks as if it will be £20+ for a car show position! Factoring in travel,breakfast/lunch etc things could get out of control financially!
                            Last edited by JEZDS3; 07-04-2016, 19:46.

sigpic

Comment

Still up for this one on 8th May,I`m on leave that week so will be great to meet some fellow DS3 owners and check out the show!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X