Longleat & French Car Show (FCS) 2014 - Convoys & Meet Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longleat & French Car Show (FCS) 2014 - Convoys & Meet Points

Hi everyone, to save you looking through all the threads to find out where you need to be at what time, I've added it all to one handy post.

We will be sticking as close to this schedule as possible:

Friday 6th June - Morning - Longleat:

Arrive 6.00AM - Leave 6.15AM: Sandbach Services, M6 Southbound (straight after J17), Cheshire CW11 2FZ.
    Postcode for reference only, it goes to the northbound services, for some reason there is no postcode for the southbound ones. Basically the services straight after J17 southbound. If you want to get breakfast, please get here earlier.

Arrive 7.15AM - Leave 7.30AM: McDonald's, M5 J5, Worcester Rd, Wychbold, Worcestershire, Droitwich, Worcestershire WR9 7PA.
    If you want to get breakfast, please get here earlier.

Arrive 9.15AM - Leave 9.30AM: Travelodge Warminster, A36/A350 Bypass, Service Area, Bath Rd, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 7RU.
    Anyone not coming from t'North, please meet us here so we can all convoy to Longleat and park together when we arrive.

Arrive 9.45AM: Longleat Safari & Adventure Park, Longleat, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 7NW.

Friday 6th June - Afternoon/Evening - Cheddar:

Leave 4.30PM: Longleat Safari & Adventure Park, Longleat, Warminster, Wiltshire BA12 7NW.

Arrive 4.45PM - Leave 5.00PM: Asda Frome Superstore, Warminster Rd, Frome, Somerset BA11 5LA.
    Anyone not going to Longleat who wants to join us for a drive through the Mendips and Cheddar Gorge, meet us here.

Arrive 5.45PM - Leave 6.15PM: Cheddar Gorge, The Cliffs, Cheddar, Somerset BS27 3QF.
    Plenty of time to stop and take photos and drive the gorge a few times.

Arrive 7.30PM: Premier Inn Swindon West, Great Western Way, Swindon, Wiltshire SN5 8UY.
    With time to check in and chill out for a bit before the meal that's booked for 8.30PM.

Saturday 7th June - Morning - French Car Show:

Leave 6.00AM: Premier Inn Swindon West, Great Western Way, Swindon, Wiltshire SN5 8UY.
    Anyone not staying at the hotel please meet us here and arrive early, Costa next door opens at 5.30AM and we want to depart at 6AM, thanks.

Arrive 6.15AM - Leave 6.20AM: Chippenham Pit Stop, Oakleigh Acres, Draycot Cerne, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 5LH.
    Services just off M4 J17, quick stop to meet others a bit closer to Castle Combe.

Arrive 6.40AM: French Car Show, Castle Combe Circuit, Castle Combe, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN14 7EY.
    Arrive and park up at the stand.

Please pay attention to the parking plan and listen to instructions!

Everyone is welcome to join us at any point, if you do join us though, please get to your meet point a bit earlier than the convoy to minimize delays. Feel free to send me a PM so I know to look out for you. Cheers

Looking forward to it, it should be an awesome weekend!

EDIT: Additional convoy points for Saturday:

From the East - Thanks to RichardL (DS3 Club):
    Arrive 5.20AM - Leave 5.30AM: Reading Services Westbound, M4 (between J11 & J12), Burghfield, Reading, RG30 3UQ.
    Postcode for reference, it's the same for both sides.
    Arrive 6.15AM - Leave 6.20AM: Chippenham Pit Stop, Oakleigh Acres, Draycot Cerne, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 5LH.
    Services just off M4 J17. Meeting everyone else.

From the West - Thanks to PG04BBX (C2 Club)
    Arrive 5.35AM - Leave 5.45AM: Morrisons Cribbs Causeway, Lysander Rd, Bristol, South West BS10 7UD
    Postcode for reference.
    Services just off M4 J17. Meeting everyone else.
    Last edited by BeefMasta; 05-06-2014, 14:15. Reason: Additional convoy points.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

I did not realise 6am was a thing on Saturdays! Please don't expect me to be coherent until at least 10am

But in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to my first club events!
    Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
    Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
      I did not realise 6am was a thing on Saturdays! Please don't expect me to be coherent until at least 10am

But in all seriousness, I'm looking forward to my first club events!
      Haha, don't worry, there's a Costa next door that's open from 5.30am
      - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
        Haha, don't worry, there's a Costa next door that's open from 5.30am
        Good job, I'm going to need a massive caffeine dose!

Comment

I'm at hotel already. Costa has a 24 hour drive thru.

Gonna be awesome! This car park could easily be full cone Saturday morning so be prompt as we might have to roll and leave if others are meeting us here.
          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Working...
          X