Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last call for the rolling road day

Hi Guys n Gals

rolling road day this sataday in Bromsgrove held by FlashRemapping and Viezu

9.00am start
    still some availablility

address
    unit 33 sugarbrook road
    aston fields industrial estate
    bromsgrove
    b60 3dn

my number is 07886 368795 if you get lost

see you there
    David Lewis

I would pop in by am working in the morning.

Comment

Hi Dave,

I can confirm that I will be there tomorrow.

Coop.

Comment

only 3 cars turned up but we had some fun anyway - fitting a tuning box was far from straight forward - more info to come but here are some pikkies

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&ref=fbx_album

Dave

Comment

Looks fantastic Dave wish i could of made it....Love the Pics and boy i do luv the custom exhaust.

Interested to know actual Bhp with remap ??.

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post
            Looks fantastic Dave wish i could of made it....Love the Pics and boy i do luv the custom exhaust.

Diesel dsport 110 went 244.7 ft-lbs and 131.5bhp - standard paper filter and only 1,200 miles and diesel pressure not 100% so car will defo improve in the next 200 miles whilst ecu is settling in. Dave is now officially the fastest tuning box fitter in the UK! 10 mins from start to finish after a few trial runs! coffees, cigs and cut knuckles ;-)
            Life's too short to grow up! ;0)

Comment

Nice to see that Dave managed to fit the tuning box to the diesels....

Well done all at Flashremapping.

Comment

I'd be interested to know if Citroens claimed power outputs are coming from the engines? Petrol and diesel.
                '10 DSport in Black/Carmen Red 'Daisy' - Traded back in
                '61 DSport+ in White/Black 'Poppy'
                'We do what we must, because we can.'
                Entropy... It's not what it used to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Parafilm View Post
                  I'd be interested to know if Citroens claimed power outputs are coming from the engines? Petrol and diesel.
                  Yes, they always claim engine power and never at the wheels power, as it more of an easy universal way of doing it and also makes it sound more impressive! different cars have massive differences in the drive trains and so one car could lose 5 bhp though the drive train and then another 50bhp... so engine power is reported from the factory and rolling road days are normally always at the wheels - although they can not compensate for this.

Comment

Originally posted by mbartlett View Post
                    Yes, they always claim engine power and never at the wheels power, as it more of an easy universal way of doing it and also makes it sound more impressive! different cars have massive differences in the drive trains and so one car could lose 5 bhp though the drive train and then another 50bhp... so engine power is reported from the factory and rolling road days are normally always at the wheels - although they can not compensate for this.
                    sorry meant to say they CAN compensate for this.... (loss of power though drive train) need coffee its too early!

Comment

Diesel dsport 110 went 244.7 ft-lbs and 131.5bhp - standard paper filter and only 1,200 miles and diesel pressure not 100% so car will defo improve in the next 200 miles whilst ecu is settling in. Dave is now officially the fastest tuning box fitter in the UK! 10 mins from start to finish after a few trial runs! coffees, cigs and cut knuckles ;-)
                      Since driving it back home the power is becoming more n more so much so that the esp/asr light keeps coming on. I would not recommend anyone with a diesel to tune it further as it is a fabulous upgrade and with the tuning box it can be tuned up and down with an adjustment. I'm hoping the warning lights settle down as I am VERY happy with it, this is so much more fun to drive and mpg is greater - although you can not help but use the power initially - which doesn't help mpg.

Will ask viezu to roll it again next week hopefully to since what the bhp/toque is when everything is running smoothly with the ecu learning & fuel pressure, before the pdf is removed and remapped again.
                      I love petrols but now with diesel engines power increasing all the time it will be great to start a diesel vs petrol competition lol! especially as i make diesel fuel at 30 to 50p a litre -still can not believe the pdf is soooo uge and massive to save about 6 grams of carbon.. but with biodiesel it does not need it!

Comment

few more photos here

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fla...18364701556535

I think its safe to say anyone claiming to have fitted a tuning box from underneath is talking twaddle

its a tough job - battery and tray out - ecu and induction stystem moved - and its still an awkward one - but we have succeeded - JUT ALORS

Comment

Originally posted by Clarky View Post

Hi mate, was a good day yesterday with some impressive power boosts across the board. Somehow when my car went into the dealer for its 1500 mile courtesy check they somehow wiped the map and reset to standard. However, it did give us the chance to see what the before and after results were. My intial unmapped result gave engine power around 154 bhp so fairly impressive. The second run after the remap resulted in engine power around 184 bhp. We then fitted a K & N panel filter and the next run gave a best result of just over 190 bhp engine power. The car is now very rapid pulling more smoothly and stronger in any gear. I was well chuffed with the K & N result but taking into account ambient temperature etc then a real gain of around 4 bhp is more realistic. I will post my dyno results once I get them scanned. Given the fact that the map was completely redone then I would expect a slight increase in power once it has a couple of hundred miles to clear the cache of the old mapping info. I think Dave is considering running another dyno day in the future.

Coop

Comment

Great Stuff, Sounds like one needs to get a K&N filter lol.

Thanks Clarky

Comment

Since driving it back home the power is becoming more n more so much so that the esp/asr light keeps coming on.
                              Stick a bit of black tape over it then!

Comment

Working...
                              X