Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Points Challenge - Friday 18th April - East Point Meet

The 4 Points Challenge

Wes and Beefmasta (with company) will be completing this challenge over the Bank Holiday Weekend in April. Travelling in their DS3's they will visit each point of Mainland England:

Northernmost point – Marshall Meadows Bay, Northumberland at 55°48′N 2°02′W / 55.800°N 2.033°W / 55.800; -2.033
    Northernmost settlement – Marshall Meadows, Northumberland at 55°48′N 2°02′W / 55.800°N 2.033°W / 55.800; -2.033

Southernmost point – Lizard Point, Cornwall at 49°57′N 5°12′W / 49.950°N 5.200°W / 49.950; -5.200
    Southernmost settlement – Lizard, Cornwall at 49°57′N 5°12′W / 49.950°N 5.200°W / 49.950; -5.200

Westernmost point – Dr Syntax's Head, Land's End, Cornwall at 50°04′N 5°43′W / 50.067°N 5.717°W / 50.067; -5.717
    Westernmost settlement – Sennen Cove, Cornwall at 50°04′N 5°42′W / 50.067°N 5.700°W / 50.067; -5.700

Easternmost point – Lowestoft Ness, Suffolk at 52°28.87′N 1°45.77′E / 52.48117°N 1.76283°E / 52.48117; 1.76283
    Easternmost settlement – Lowestoft, Suffolk at 52°28′N 1°45′E

From Wes:

We are driving to the four compass points of Mainland England, stopping at each point to meet other members, take photos, and most importantly, raise some much needed and deserved money for Mind.
    Mind are a charity close to my heart having a family member with severe mental health issues and the work Mind do is fantastic.

We shall be setting off from Ipswich on the morning of 18th April and will head to Lowestoft, before heading back towards London.
    On the Saturday we shall head South West to reach the southern and Western Points, before making our way on the Sunday up to Northumberland.

We would love to raise as much money as possible, so any donations, however small will make a big difference.

No definitive planned times yet, but this is Fridays plan:

Start
    Burger King, Copdock Interchange, Ipswich IP8 3TT
    10mins / 3.4 miles

=Petrol= Ipswich
    1hr 15mins / 46.5 miles

East Point
    Gas Works Road, Lowestoft NR32 1XQ
    2hr 35mins / 126 miles

Hotel
    Premier Inn South Mimms/Potters Bar, Swanland Rd, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 3NH

It would be awesome if we could have a meet at each point! Please pop your name in a list if you will be there:

My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Currently good to do the Ipswich to Lowestoft run.

Comment

Awesome. Daniel, we are heading to John Grose on thurs pm about 3ish in Ipswich for photos and level topup and check if you're interested. If not, I think a good leaving time from Ipswich will be 10am. There is a thought of heading over to Yarmouth for an hour or two after Lowestoft depending on weather before making our way back up the A12.
      2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Is anyone else joining us on the Friday run?

Exact times are on the main thread, but we are meeting at 10am prompt at the Burger King at Copdock roundabout by tesco at the A12/A14 junction.

After Lowestoft, we plan to head 10 miles to Yarmouth to ride the old wooden roller coaster and go Segway racing!!!

Please add names below:

Wes79
        Beefmasta
        DanielJNewman
        DS3Norwich

Comment

Hey Guys.

Sadly I will not be able to join you tomorrow.

Sorry for the really late notice, have since had a family event come up. I have made a donation and wish you all the best on your trip!

Drive safe and hopefully meet you all at another meet.

Comment

First thing bump.

For anyone meeting at this stage, make sure you have replied to this thread or sent Wes or Patrick a Pm.

My DS3R3... nearly....
            New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

We'll be at Burger King, Copdock Interchange, Ipswich (IP8 3TT) at 10am, leaving at 10:10 sharp.
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Free punch and pie

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
                DSign - Black on Red spotted roof see me around Wales give us a flash!

Comment

We are at the Burger King now anyone in the area come down and have a chat and some breakfast!

Comment

4 points has now officially started en route to Lowestoft! See you on the other side!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397820913073.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	356587 Eastern point done! Heading to Great Yarmouth if anyones around come say hi! The post code is NR30 3EH PM Beefmasta or Wes as we may move location

Comment

Eastern point was indeed completed. Thanks to all involved today. Was great fun.

The eastern point was just behind the cars on the beach in very strong wind and big waves... But we got the flag there!

We then rode an old wooden roller coaster, had a laugh in the fun house, went segway racing.... Or slow cruise in Jon's case then drove to South Mimms via an interim stop and met another lovely DS3 owner!

Great day, here's to tomorrow....

Comment

Comment

Wes, my Segway had no battery and you know it!

Comment

Originally posted by Welshyjon View Post
                              Wes, my Segway had no battery and you know it!
                              Lies! I won by miles and there's video evidence to prove it!
                              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Working...
                              X