Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Points Challenge - Saturday 19th April - South & West Point Meets

The 4 Points Challenge

Wes and Beefmasta (with company) will be completing this challenge over the Bank Holiday Weekend in April. Travelling in their DS3's they will visit each point of Mainland England:

Northernmost point – Marshall Meadows Bay, Northumberland at 55°48′N 2°02′W / 55.800°N 2.033°W / 55.800; -2.033
    Northernmost settlement – Marshall Meadows, Northumberland at 55°48′N 2°02′W / 55.800°N 2.033°W / 55.800; -2.033

Southernmost point – Lizard Point, Cornwall at 49°57′N 5°12′W / 49.950°N 5.200°W / 49.950; -5.200
    Southernmost settlement – Lizard, Cornwall at 49°57′N 5°12′W / 49.950°N 5.200°W / 49.950; -5.200

Westernmost point – Dr Syntax's Head, Land's End, Cornwall at 50°04′N 5°43′W / 50.067°N 5.717°W / 50.067; -5.717
    Westernmost settlement – Sennen Cove, Cornwall at 50°04′N 5°42′W / 50.067°N 5.700°W / 50.067; -5.700

Easternmost point – Lowestoft Ness, Suffolk at 52°28.87′N 1°45.77′E / 52.48117°N 1.76283°E / 52.48117; 1.76283
    Easternmost settlement – Lowestoft, Suffolk at 52°28′N 1°45′E

From Wes:

We are driving to the four compass points of Mainland England, stopping at each point to meet other members, take photos, and most importantly, raise some much needed and deserved money for Mind.
    Mind are a charity close to my heart having a family member with severe mental health issues and the work Mind do is fantastic.

We shall be setting off from Ipswich on the morning of 18th April and will head to Lowestoft, before heading back towards London.
    On the Saturday we shall head South West to reach the southern and Western Points, before making our way on the Sunday up to Northumberland.

We would love to raise as much money as possible, so any donations, however small will make a big difference.

No definitive planned times yet, but this is Saturdays plan:

12mins / 8.6 miles
    =Petrol= J21 M25

1hr 58mins / 124 miles
    Break (Meet others)
    Cribbs Causeway, Bristol BS10 7UD

1hr 36mins / 106 miles
    =Petrol= A30/A386

1hr 50mins / 88.5 miles
    South Point
    Lizard Point Youth Hostel, Lizard, Helston TR12 7NU

1hr / 34.4 miles
    West Point
    Lands End Visitors Centre, Custom House, Penzance TR19 7AA

1hr 47mins / 92.7 miles
    =Petrol= A30/A386

54mins / 61.3 miles
    Hotel
    Premier Inn Taunton (Ruishton), Ruishton Ln, Ruishton, Taunton, Somerset TA3 5LU

It would be awesome if we could have a meet at each point! Please pop your name in a list if you will be there:

*Thread will be updated with times, but just to let people know in the area that the meet will be this day*
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Ok folks... Saturday now starts at 8am....because we have a big surprise for you!

Those who convoy with us today will get taken to a secret location!

This surprise will be revealed shortly but the postcode will only be told to those convoying on the day.

Needless to say, I will reveal very soon what the surprise is, but please add your name below to the Saturday Convoy....

Wes79
    Beefmasta
    TomTom
    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Me Me Me Me, I like surprises!

Comment

Do it ! You'll kick yourself if you miss this, I already am
        sigpic

Comment

I can now reveal Saturday's surprise... we have been invited to the LD Motorsport workshops by none other than Liam Doran himself!

THIS WILL BE AMAZING! Can't wait!

Still time to join, and donate!
          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

As a newbie it would beat to meet you at cribbs causeway and travel down to Taunton with you

Comment

Originally posted by dreadnort View Post
              As a newbie it would beat to meet you at cribbs causeway and travel down to Taunton with you
              Sounds great, we'll see you tomorrow at 10am
              - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Do you know what abouts in cribbs you'll meet as it's massive

Comment

Do you know what abouts in cribbs you'll meet as it's massive
                  BS10 7UD goes to Morrisons car park, just off the motorway (according to Google Maps). Look out for a bunch of C2s who will also be joining us.
                  - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Cool I know it see you there

Comment

Cool I know it see you there
                      I'm glad someone does
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I live in cider country so it helps

Comment

Ok guys, first meet today is Morrisons car park at Cribbs Causeway, Bristol, BS10 7UD at 10.10am.
                          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Good luck today !
                            sigpic

Comment

Awesome afternoon with Liam Doran. Thank you Wes for contacting him

The best #ds3clubselfie
                              My DS3R3... nearly....
                              New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Working...
                              X