Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Points Challenge - Sunday 20th April - North Point Meet

The 4 Points Challenge

Wes and Beefmasta (with company) will be completing this challenge over the Bank Holiday Weekend in April. Travelling in their DS3's they will visit each point of Mainland England:

Northernmost point – Marshall Meadows Bay, Northumberland at 55°48′N 2°02′W / 55.800°N 2.033°W / 55.800; -2.033
    Northernmost settlement – Marshall Meadows, Northumberland at 55°48′N 2°02′W / 55.800°N 2.033°W / 55.800; -2.033

Southernmost point – Lizard Point, Cornwall at 49°57′N 5°12′W / 49.950°N 5.200°W / 49.950; -5.200
    Southernmost settlement – Lizard, Cornwall at 49°57′N 5°12′W / 49.950°N 5.200°W / 49.950; -5.200

Westernmost point – Dr Syntax's Head, Land's End, Cornwall at 50°04′N 5°43′W / 50.067°N 5.717°W / 50.067; -5.717
    Westernmost settlement – Sennen Cove, Cornwall at 50°04′N 5°42′W / 50.067°N 5.700°W / 50.067; -5.700

Easternmost point – Lowestoft Ness, Suffolk at 52°28.87′N 1°45.77′E / 52.48117°N 1.76283°E / 52.48117; 1.76283
    Easternmost settlement – Lowestoft, Suffolk at 52°28′N 1°45′E

From Wes:

We are driving to the four compass points of Mainland England, stopping at each point to meet other members, take photos, and most importantly, raise some much needed and deserved money for Mind.
    Mind are a charity close to my heart having a family member with severe mental health issues and the work Mind do is fantastic.

We shall be setting off from Ipswich on the morning of 18th April and will head to Lowestoft, before heading back towards London.
    On the Saturday we shall head South West to reach the southern and Western Points, before making our way on the Sunday up to Northumberland.

We would love to raise as much money as possible, so any donations, however small will make a big difference.

No definitive planned times yet, but this is Saturdays plan:

45mins / 44.9 miles
    Break
    Cribbs Causeway, Bristol BS10 7UD

3hrs 18mins / 208 miles
    =Petrol= J45 A1(M)

7mins / 2.1 miles
    Break
    Wetherby Services J46 A1(M), LS22 5GT

2hrs 32mins / 147 miles
    North Point
    Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel, Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland TD15 1UT

1hrs 17mins / 67.4 miles
    Hotel
    Premier Inn Newcastle (Metro Centre), Derwent Haugh Road, Swalwell,
    Gateshead NE16 3BL

It would be awesome if we could have a meet at each point! Please pop your name in a list if you will be there:

*Thread will be updated with times, but just to let people know in the area that the meet will be this day*
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Hi everyone. We're leaving at 9 instead of 8 today. So all times listed in the other thread, add an hour.

If you're planning on meeting us at any point, please PM me so I know. Cheers!
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Wish I could! Had an awesome time so far for the bits I could.

Have an fantastic day!
      My DS3R3... nearly....
      New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
        Wish I could! Had an awesome time so far for the bits I could.

Have an fantastic day!
        Thanks! Glad you could make it

We're running a few hours behind today, just stopped for a Burger King.
        - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

We made it! We reached the final settlement at Marshall Meadows at 21:05, just over 24 hours after watching the sun set over lands end!

At the moment, including gift aid, we have raised just over £330 including a very kind donation from the club and we still have £100 to add from UK Power Networks!

It has been amazing and thanks must go to so many people but in particular Patrick, Jon, Joni, non-forum member Ron Green and of course Liam Doran and all our kind supporters with donations and sharing and encouraging.

I'll post more later including more pics, but we are shattered. Drink, bed, sleep.

Best time ever. X
          2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Well done guys. Really great effort
            Andy DS3 Club's Resident OCD Detailer!
            Take a pride in your ride
            @cleanyourride_uk

Comment

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What Wes said. Thanks all

Zzzzzz...
              - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Yes- well done lads. credit to the Club.
                A few stories to tell maybe?
                sigpic
                Jog on Noddy

Comment

Well done guys. Bet it was tons of fun! :-)
                  Phil Moran

sigpic

Comment

It was so much fun. I'm now home and completed my circle!

Some great stories but now, more sleep! I'll be on tomorrow to recount a few tales and tell you of the fitting end we had!

Thanks and much spirited love
                    2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Great effort you should all be v proud - I hope you get lots of sponsorship in recognition of your hard driving
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X