Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updates and changes for 2016!

Updates and changes for 2016

Firstly, thank you all for your continued support in 2015! We hope you have found the site of use to you! If you went to a meet and/or shows with the club we hope you had a great time! Your support on social media is also very much appreciated!

We will be adding a few changes to the site next year, just to add a new lick of paint to the site as we head into another awesome year on DS3Club.co.uk

Some of the categories might be renamed, shuffled about a bit or merged, but we will keep you up to date.

Classified’s
    These will introduced to the main body of the site. We want everyone to be able to source parts and cars from trusted DS3 owners! This will benefit everyone, even if you are not a member of DS3Club, you can still view posts in this section giving you a wider reach of potential buyers.

The rules will be updates to reflect this. But some post guidelines:
    Adverts must be:
    Monitored by the poster – do not over bump, and let admin know when sold so we can close.
    Contain good quality photo’s
    You must also be contactabel via the forum - using Tapatalk is great for this as you can subscribe to threads and you'll get a notification when someone replies to it.

Items for sale must remain in the classified area – please do not over advertise your items, we know it’s for sale if it’s in the classified area. We don’t need a post about it on irrelevant threads.

Club Shop
    Thanks to the generosity of members we now have our vinyl cutter and I have been busy making designs and Liam has been a star at getting them on the new external shop. We hope you are liking what you have seen so far with regards to both of these. More items to come in 2016!

Do you like what you have seen so far? Can we improve on anything?

Meets and Shows
    We will continue as we always do with our presence at shows, threads will be posted and linked back to the 2016 diary. As ever, if you know of a show you think we should attend, please let me know and I’ll support you. If however there is little interest please do not get disheartened if it proves not feasible.

Everyone is welcome at any Show – they aren’t just for people with mods. I even go to some without even cleaning mine.......

It’s not secret we love meets – local, low key and laid back! During 2016 I’d love to see at least one meet in every region of the UK, that's not impossible right?! Who better to organise something than someone with a plethora of local knowledge - be it the best pub lunch, drives and photo opportunities. Only you know what you have to show off in your area, so invite along some DS3Club members and sharea great morning/ afternoon together.

There are 12 regions, all you need to do is announce your area, plan a meet, post a thread and make it an awesome day out for everyone who is attending. We want everyone to feel they can organise a meet, and encourage all members to get together. For that reason we don’t have regional reps.

Each region has a colour, just to give you something extra! I could even make you a regional sticker in this colour... Something circular and no bigger than a tax disc. Where you put it is up to you!
    1. Northern Ireland – Light Blue
    2. Scotland - Purple
    3. North East – Bright Yellow
    4. North West - ST Green
    5. Yorkshire & the Humber – Light Pink
    6. East Midlands – Dark Green
    7. West Midlands – White
    8. Wales – Red
    9. Eastern - Turquoise
    10. London – Orange
    11. South East - Bright Pink
    12. South West – Dark Blue

Full Membership
    The new design sticker will be going out with every Membership pack from 1st of Jan 2016 and we will be introducing a colour option – this means you can pick the colour sticker you would like for your DS3. The options will be:
    • Club Green
    • Red
    • Blue
    • Pink
    • Orange
    • Grey
    • Yellow

Your Membership package includes:
    • A welcome letter
    • A DS3Club Membership card
    • Goodies we have in stock from friends of the site, shampoo sample, pens, keyrings, sweets
    • Two Free DS3Club stickers in your colour choice
    • DS3Club cards to card other DS3 you spot

Online:
    • Access the Shoutbox - A chat box to catch up with other full members.
    • You will have Private Message capacity increased to 500 messages from the standard 50
    • Exclusive discount’s from companies
    • 25% off DS3Club Stickers in the shop

Full Membership also offers use of the "Blogs" part of the website, where you can blog your activities.....whether it be about your DS3 or personal!

Where your subscriptions go
    • Purchase vinyl and sticker making supplies
    • Purchase Club cards that we send out free to anyone who would like them
    • Pay for postage and stationary
    • Upkeep and renewals of domain names and software
    • Purchase in bulk tickets for events such as FCS this year allowing more members to attend even past the deadline date.
    • Treating members to doughnuts, refreshments at shows

2016 Club Charity
    Through the years we have donated and help raise funds for:
    • Muscular Dystrophy
    • National Animal Welfare Trust
    • Brake
    • Mind
    • Team Rhubarb & Custard for Cancer Research UK

We’d love to support another charity in 2016 and would love to hear if there is one close to your heart you would like us to support

We will keep you posted as various changes happen.

I'm also looking into working with more comapnies to get products made and refined for the DS3 - so if you have any ideas and suggestions that aren't a cup holder, please let me know!

Does anyone have any further ideas or suggestions? Please post here or PM if you’d like it to be private.

Sorry its a very wordy post!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Good write up Joni

Looking forward to the new year and the exciting things that it will bring
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Joni, can we have a: clamping device to hold a cylinder type object that is closed at one end but not the other in situ?

Comment

Like Beef says great write up, might want to add black and or white to the sticker options.

Comment

All sounds great, Joni

South East - Bright Pink
          YES
          Current: DS 3 Performance, Perla Nera Black with Sparkly Purple roof
          Previous: DS3 DStyle 120 VTi, Perla Nera Black with Fuchsia roof

Comment

Might be a good idea to lose the apostrophe from "classified's"!

Comment

Thanks for the info for 2016 Joni,is Alton, Hants South West? because if it is, Dark Blue is my favourite colour , otherwise I accept Bright Pink if we are in the South East region!
              Last edited by JEZDS3; 10-12-2015, 05:11.
              LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Would be good if you did black and white club stickers. I'm gonna join in 2016 but I'd want a white sticker fur my ice edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Kat View Post
                  All sounds great, Joni

YES
                  Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! I wanted Red
                  sigpic

Comment

Hmm you'll be Mr. Pink then..

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ! I wanted Red
                      ... time to relocate xD

Great write up Joni, 2016 looking good already!
                      Hopefully will get to see more of you guys next year
                      Aka:
                      Alex

:ds3:
                      Blue Phoenix
                      DStyle+ 1.6 e-HDi

Comment

Great to hear Joni, I plan to attend more meets this year as I lacked in 2015 due to work or holidays buuuuut in excited for 2016 and for DS3 Club, and also....I fancy a membership card haha

Comment

Started to implement these changes!

The Parent forum that was called Traders is now called The Pit Stop.

Full list of Traders on DS3C offering group buys and offers. Also included is now the Classifieds - Parts wanted or for Sale from DS3C Members
                          The Rules will be updated also but please remember:
                          Adverts must be:
                          • Monitored by the poster – do not over bump, and let admin know when sold so we can close.
                          • Contain good quality photo’s
                          • You must also be contactable via the forum - using Tapatalk is great for this as you can subscribe to threads and you'll get a notification when someone replies to it.

So take a look at what is listed for sale!

Website related is now called The DS3Club Handbook
                          The forum order has also been changed.

General Chat is now called The Paddock

More updates to follow, but that's where we are up to
                          My DS3R3... nearly....
                          New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

Good work WTF !
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                              • You must also be contactable via the forum - using Tapatalk is great for this as you can subscribe to threads and you'll get a notification when someone replies to it.
                              Just a quick note; it's also possible to subscribe to threads via the forum in a regular browser. This can be done by navigating to your thread and from the "thread tools" in the top-right corner select "subscribe to thread"
                              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Working...
                              X