Membership and subscription changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership and subscription changes

It’s been 3 years since we took the reins of DS3Club, and with the help and support of the forum we have continued to thrive and help other DS3 owners out there. We couldn’t have done it without you all, so thank you 

As the club continues to succeed and get bigger and better by the month I’d like to be able to do more for you and the Club.

When I took over ownership of the forum back in 2013 we inherited a lot of the previous owners set up. This was a great starting point for us, and we have changed a few things. We’re not ones to rest on our laurels so will always strive forward with the site.

With the cutter we bought last year, with the kind and generous donations from you, we have cut the clubs main outgoing buying in stickers and we have expanded the range. This with the shop that anyone can buy from means that sticker sales are really supporting the forum costs.

The latest change will be will be changing the way the membership subscriptions will work.

We will keep the first Full Membership at £15, this would include the stickers and the membership pack sent out. Then after it would be £10 a year – that’s around 83p a month or 2p a day!

There are many benefits by doing this.
    • We will be able to buy more items in for the online shop, including selected hoodies. So you will be able to buy at any point. We will still do the twice a year big order, there range we offer via that is huge! But we would love to buy and stock mugs, keyrings and maybe even OEM DS3 parts.
    • More presence at shows with flags and DS3Club branded items that help us stand out and show off.
    • Monthly forum updates sent out to Full Members, including show reminders and links. If each Full member is new that year, then we know who is staying up to date with the site and would appreciate this information. At the moment we don’t send out to selected lists because there will be full members who no longer have a DS3 and wouldn’t really want to hear about the latest forum news. I don’t want to appear to be generic spam churned out to everyone.

Many forums do this and we feel it will benefit the club’s continued outgoings such as:
    • Vinyl for stickers
    • Buying Club cards that we send out free to anyone who would like them
    • Postage and all the stationary
    • Printed paperwork & letters
    • Upkeep and renewals of domain names and software
    • Treating members to doughnuts, refreshments at shows, such as FCS BBQ breakfast

We know from the generosity of donations that you want to help the club and be a part of it and it's success. Whether that is online and social media, or grabbing attention at shows, we hope that you agree this is a good idea.

What this means for subscriptions
    • Subscriptions made after 1st July 15 are valid for 12 months
    • On the 1st of July 2016, accounts with subscriptions older than 12 months will auto drop to Membership status
    • Renewals can be purchased at any time, and are valid for one year from the date of purchase

We won't ever chase you to renew, its up to you when and if you do this. I have to say I don't appreciate letter's and PM's saying things such as 'You've forgotten to renew!!'

As a thank you for supporting the forum buy taking a subscription out, we offer you this with your Membership status:

Kind discounts offered by:
    Exclusive discounts from:
    Fly Eye Kits
    Demon Tweeks
    Sandall Car Care
    Auto Finesse
    Zunsport
    Autobrite
    SP Tuning
    Yiannimize Refined
    Alloy Wheel Refurbishment
    Auto Surgery
    Alloy Pro
    Rumskinz
    AbsoFlockinlutely
    JW Smartservices
    Custom Coats
    Power Maxed
    Adrian Flux
    Opie Oils
    Frost Care Car
    Mad*Cow
    Offers from Dealerships
    And more!

Full Members can also get 25% off stickers and LEGO dust caps via the DS3Club Shop

Your Private Message capacity will be increased to 500 messages from the standard 50, meaning no more missed messages when your inbox is full!

At the top of the forum page you will find the Shoutbox, this is an instant chat box where members catch up. It’s a great place to get to know other DS3Club members, or fire over a quick question.

Included in your welcome pack will be:
    • Welcome letter
    • Some DS3Club flyer cards
    • 2 free DS3Club Stickers in your selected colour
    • Freebies we have at the time of posting from friends of the site
    • Discount offers from companies
    • And of course some Haribo!

Quite a bit of work to do, so bear with us! I may change the name of Full Membership, toy with a few colour ideas re 1st year Full Membership and renewals etc.

To view your active subscriptions (not updated yet) go to Settings, down the page on the left, paid subscriptions. This show you dates etc. Or via the payments page - HERE at top it will show active subscriptions.

As ever, open to feedback so please post here or send me or Liam a PM

Also, the site is 100% free to use and sign up too This is if you choose to upgrade your account and take a subscription out.

Full Membership and renewals link here
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Great idea! I've already eaten my membership costs in doughnuts, well worth it
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thanks Wenham It will be great for the forum

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Brilliant idea Joni, I'll happily pay £10 a year for membership, I've said countless times that the stuff you and Liam do for us is way above and beyond any other car club forums (believe me I really know )

Take my money !!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Is it possible for existing full members that have been here for a long time, providing they keep renewing to have a nice shiny badge or status / colour to reflect their ever lasting loyalty? Just another reason for people to keep renewing, as you know the internet is all about glory an all that.
          Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
          E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Oh like the black Nando's card ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by streettweeks View Post
              Is it possible for existing full members that have been here for a long time, providing they keep renewing to have a nice shiny badge or status / colour to reflect their ever lasting loyalty? Just another reason for people to keep renewing, as you know the internet is all about glory an all that.
              That would mean more work for me -__-

Full members already have a number of benefits over regular members. I'll look at creating something like a badge/veteran status for those whom have been members over X number of years but for ease of management I'd prefer if we kept usergroups fairly similar to how they currently are rather than having to create a new one every year.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                Oh like the black Nando's card ?
                I dread to think what that actually is, but ill say yes.

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                That would mean more work for me -__-

Full members already have a number of benefits over regular members. I'll look at creating something like a badge/veteran status for those whom have been members over X number of years but for ease of management I'd prefer if we kept usergroups fairly similar to how they currently are rather than having to create a new one every year.
                Liam we know you get it easy, excuses excuses, we know Joni does all the work behind the scenes , every year would be mental but like "Original Member" status for members before the 2016 July change. Doesn't have to be changed until the 2020 price hike
                Bwaaahhhhhh and Pshhttt erryday!

(Current) THP 155 Black & White. White Racing Decals (+2 bhp each)

(Past) E-HDI Airdream 115 Black. Orange Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)
                E-HDI Airdream 90 White & Black. Full Racing Decals (+2 bhp) - K&N Panel Filter (30bhp+)

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post

Quite a bit of work to do, so bear with us! I may change the name of Full Membership, toy with a few colour ideas re 1st year Full Membership and renewals etc.
                  Every year would be mental but like "Original Member" status for members before the 2016 July change. Doesn't have to be changed until the 2020 price hike
                  I don't want to start creating pods of members ideally, we are all together on the site, and I don't want others to feel lesser or not as equal to others with a different status.

As I've mentioned, there is a lot to work out and I'm constantly thinking of ideas for this change
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Originally posted by WTF View Post
                    As I've mentioned, there is a lot to work out and I'm constantly thinking of ideas for this change
                    As a donating member, I would like to be able to choose my name colour (blue). Saying that, I'd also like a million pounds (£££) so I fully understand that we don't always get what we want.

I'll be happy with whatever is decided, I know that you and Liam will make the best choice for the club and all of it's varied members and I wouldn't want it any other way.
                    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
                    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Hi Guys

We will be implementing a few changes tonight, so please don't panic if you see a change to your profile

In addition to this there will be updated information about membership tiers and a renewal option going up.

Joni & Liam
                      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Thanks! ....been checking that out to see how it works.
                        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Renewal has come round so have paid my subscription,thanks.

sigpic

Comment

Shoutbox is now back thanks,so I am a fully paid up member for another year! Yes!

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Jez
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                              X