Fundraising - Driving for Change with Brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundraising - Driving for Change with Brake

We are pleased to announce that we will be supporting the Road Safety Charity Brake in the run up to Road Safety week - 18th - 24th November.

About Brake:
    Brake is a charity and we exist because every 30 seconds someone, somewhere, is killed in a road crash. We believe the misery of road deaths and injuries, and the pollution of our planet by vehicles, is a shameful epidemic. With your help, Brake in the UK campaigns to stop the carnage and supports the victims. Learn about our work in the UK, go to www.brake.org.

Brake is funded by kind donations from individuals and companies and charitable grants.

Road Safety Week:
    Our theme for 2013: Tune in
    We're all human: we daydream, get side-tracked, run late and make mistakes. But on roads, distractions can be fatal.

Tune In LogoWhen using roads, we all need to tune in to road safety and give it our full attention – particularly if we're at the wheel, but also when we're walking, cycling, skating, running, you name it – to keep ourselves and each other safe.

Road Safety Week 2013 (18-24 Nov) focuses on the theme of tuning in to road safety and avoiding distractions, and we're appealing to communities and organisations around the UK to register now to help get this life-saving message out.

The facts
    Driver distraction is a major cause of death and serious injury in the UK [1]. Driving is the most dangerous thing that most of us do on a daily basis and requires your full attention, but many drivers have a sense of over-confidence and feel cocooned in their vehicles, so attempting to multi-task is common.

While it's illegal to use a hand-held phone to text or call at the wheel, around a third of drivers flout this law [2], and many others use a hands-free kit, despite both activities causing a dangerous distraction [3]. Other distracting activities such as eating or smoking at the wheel have been shown to increase your risk of crashing [4], yet lots of drivers own up to it [5].

But distraction isn't just an issue for drivers. For people on foot and bicycle, being sidetracked by your mobile, or not being able to hear due to listening to music, or forgetting to hold a child's hand, can be lethal [6]; negotiating roads needs your full care and attention.

Our main messages
    This year, we're asking everyone to pledge to tune in to road safety – that means promising to do your best to keep focused on the task at hand, and never putting yourself and others in danger for the sake of a call, text or other activity that can wait.

During the Week, we'll be particularly appealing to drivers to turn off their phones and never attempt to multi-task at the wheel. But this is also about all of us looking out for ourselves and each other, however we're using roads, by not speaking to someone else on the phone who's driving, and taking care to stay focused while on foot or bike: including getting off the phone, taking out headphones and following the good old green cross code to get across roads safely.

There will be a number of ways you can help us raise funds!

Just buy a club sticker!
    For a month we will be donating 100% of the sticker sales through from both sites. Each week we will add this amount to the Justgiving page.

Donate
    Just giving page - Driving for change Its quick and easy. Don't forget to click the Giftaid box if you are a UK Tax payer!

Raffle
    Buy a raffle ticket. We will be holding a prize draw an end of year raffle, further details to follow of how to enter! So stay tuned!

Share!
    Help us raise as much awareness about our campaign, share the Justgiving link. Send to work colleagues via email, to friends and family via Facebook or just mention it to newbies on here!

It's easy to help make a difference, we need you to help us make a BIG difference. With over 14 thousand members on both sites, we can do something great guys!

THANK YOU!!
    My DS3R3... nearly....
    New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Shared on Facebook. Will donate some cash on pay day.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Thank you!!
      My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Shared on FB also. I'll def be ordering my URL decal too soon

Well done for this too. Very awesome cause.
        2015 DS3 DSport Plus 1.6 165thp - Evil Edition Mk2 - 176bhp

Comment

Thanks Wes

Sent from my HTC
          My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

woop woop, the first to donate, I certainly hope I am not the last....
            DS3 1.6THP DSport with a few bits added.....nickname BB :bow:
            Performance...Depends on how heavy my right foot is

Comment

Awesome, thank you Gaz Certainly won't be the last, I'll be making sure of that.

Sent from my HTC
              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Good effort Joni Sorry it's not more, tight month this month as I have 2 leaving do's and a weekend in Southport....
                sigpic

Comment

Any amount helps and is very much appreciated

Sent from my HTC
                  My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

£89.06 so far with Gift Aid

End of year raffle to be posted soon!

Perfect time to buy some club stickers!

Thank you to all that have helped us so far
                    My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

just donated , great cause glad to help
                      If in Doubt FLAT OUT!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you

Sent from my HTC
                        My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                        X