Big Ben reportedly gave Steelers timelin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ben reportedly gave Steelers timelin

The freedom to audible into certain plays is a luxury only afforded to quarterbacks who have earned it. You would think has earned such a right, but the two-time winner and future Hall of Fame quarterback swears he doesn't have the freedom to audible. And that's just one of the confusing things cropping up about Ben's future, including a specific timeline for how long he wants to play. , Roethlisberger has specifically told his teammates he wants to be in the for "at least another three years," which should be welcome news for the ."Since Roethlisberger has told teammates his plans to play at least another three years, management must know too, and that would have to come as a relief because they can now plan accordingly," Bouchette wrote in the wake of Pittsburgh's season ending in the Divisional Round.Ben played it coy when , a CBS Sports Radio affiliate. "I'm just playing Ryan Zimmerman Jersey it one year at a time," Roethlisberger said. "I'm excited to come back next year. I know Ed said that he heard that some guys said something about me playing for another three years. I'm not going to look past one year. I'm going to look forward to next year and give it everything I have."Allow me to look one more year ahead: Ben has a contract for two more seasons that will pay Tanner Rainey Jersey him $20 million per season. He'll be back in 2019 barring something very odd happening. And it's likely he will get another extension from the Steelers that carries him a few years further, albeit an extension with some outs where Roethlisberger can walk away if he wants. ... other things that bothered Ben.Roethlisberger even said before the Jags-Steelers game, , that . This is very good news for the Steelers, who don't need to think about drafting a quarterback this year unle s one falls in their laps. They need to develop someone, but there is time while they wait on Ben to wrap up his career.A bigger question for the immediate future is what happens with Todd Haley, There has been , something Victor Robles Jersey Roethlisberger admitted when he said "there's always i sues in a competitive field like we have." And he pointed out he doesn't have "any control" over who the coaches are."I don't have any control over the coaching staff, who's hired and fired," Roethlisberger said. "Obviously that's very apparent a few years ago when Bruce Arians was gone, everyone knows that we had a great relationship and he was still let go as well. And that's up to the coaches and Mr. Rooney, and that's fine, I go play football. And I play for whoever I need to play for, coaching wise." The most interesting thing Ron Cook and Andrew Filliponi asked him about, though, was whether or not he can audible into a quarterback sneak in a situation where it's fourth-and-1, like the two plays the Steelers faced against the Jaguars.Roethlisberger said on the show he does not have the freedom to audible to a QB sneak in those situations."I'd love to sneak the ball ," Roethlisberger said. "I actually literally tuned in to you guys for two minutes and heard you guys and the fans bashing us for not quarterback sneaking and not believing me when I say that we don't run it and I want to do it. Since it's my show now, I can speak freely and tell you guys, my co-hosts, that I truly have never said 'I don't want to run it' and I don't have the freedom to check to a quarterback sneak because we don't have Roenis Elias Jersey that call if we're not in the huddle." Apparently there isn't even a call to get there in the playbook."If you're at the line of scrimmage, we don't have a call to get to a quarterback sneak am I supposed to whisper to everyone 'quarterback sneak?,'" Ben asked.Roethlisberger claims that Mike Tomlin chuckles at him when he asks if they can build in a two-point conversion play that involves spreading out the defense and having Ben sneak it."When we get to like the 2-yard line, two-point play, to spread the defense out and go empty and run quarterback draw," Roethlisberger explained. "I've asked for that. He laughs at me and says 'Ben, maybe in your younger days, not now.' I still ask for those things. I would love the quarterback sneak. Hopefully we'll get into more of it." This is WILD. The veteran franchise quarterback doesn't have the authority to audible to a sneak?? Wilmer Difo Jersey If that's the case then it would presumably put the blame on Haley for the fourth-down playcalling against the Jaguars. Which means that Ben, when he returns next year, could very well end up with a new offensive coordinator.

TeenVogue? Looking for fashion advice, celebrity buzz or beauty trends? Find it all in Teen VogueŽ filmyzilla.com

Comment

Nice blog you got here. Id like to read something more about this theme. Thank you for giving this information. 꽁나라

Comment

That's the reason concentrate on you have to particular footwork ahead of when writing. Is going to be feasible in order to much more appealing article in this way. bitcoin recovery tool

Comment

Someone Sometimes with visits your blog regularly and recommended it in my experience to read as well. The way of writing is excellent and also the content is top-notch. Thanks for that insight you provide the readers! digitalglobaltimes.com

Comment

The new Zune browser is surprisingly good, but not as good as the iPod’s. It works well, but isn’t as fast as Safari, and has a clunkier interface. If you occasionally plan on using the web browser that’s not an issue, but if you’re planning to browse the web alot from your PMP then the iPod’s larger screen and better browser may be important. rut tien 789win

Comment

This is additionally a fairly excellent post that individuals undoubtedly appreciated studying. Definitely not everyday which usually take pleasure in the odds to discover a merchandise. bongdalu

Comment

Working...
              X