WATCH Randy Moss gets emotional after qu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WATCH Randy Moss gets emotional after qu

Going into the 1998 NFL Draft, there's no question that Randy Mo s was one of the 10 best players available.After all, Mo s had everything an could ask for in a receiver: height at 6-foot-4, game-breaking speed and unbelievable athleticism.Despite those attributes, Mo s wasn't one of the first 10 players taken on draft day in 1998. As a matter of fact, the wide receiver wasn't even one of the first 20 players taken that day.After a that included a failed drug test and an , not to mention a guilty plea to , Mo Boyd Gordon Jersey s suffered a free fall in the draft. The wide receiver kept falling Bill Ranford Jersey until coach Dennis Green was willing to take a chance on him with the 21st overall pick.To say the pick ended up working out well for the Vikings would probably be an understatement. During eight total seasons in Minnesota, Mo s would catch a total of 587 pa ses for 9,316 yards and 92 touchdowns (all three numbers ranks No. 2 in team history behind Cris Carter).Thanks in large part to those huge numbers, the Vikings decided that it was time , something that will officially take place during the upcoming season. During his pre s conference to make the announcement, Mo s showed off a side that many people rarely get to see: his emotional side.The wide receiver was nearly brought to tears this week when someone asked him a question about Green, who .Mo s was asked what he would say to Green if he were here today."I don't know, man. I don't know," the receiver said as his voice trailed off.Mo s had to fight back tears before he was able to continue."I was six years old when I started playing this game," Mo s Esa Tikkanen Jersey said. "On draft day, I really don't know why I was treated the way I was treated on draft day, but coach Green gave me an opportunity, man. And I told him, 'Coach, you're not going to regret this.' So, you ask me what I would say to him, man I'd probably just fall in his arms and give him a hug. There's no words that I could tell him." One of the reasons Mo s got emotional is because he never really got to say thank you to Green for taking a chance on him. "The man pa sed away without me really, really, really giving him my love and thanks for what he Connor McDavid Jersey was able to do for me and my family," Mo s said. "There's a lot of teams out there that pa sed on me for wrong reasons. Coach Green gave me that opportunity. So when all you all Vikings fans are sitting up here, going back Benoit Pouliot Jersey in the past, remembering the teams that I played on ... the teams that coach Green coached. However you feel about me, you can feel, but if you feel a good way about me, Coach Green brought me here."Mo s' induction into the Vikings' Ring of Honor will come on Sept. 11 during against the . You can see the entire Mo s video below."There's a lot of teams out there that pa sed on me for wrong reasons. Coach Green gave me that opportunity." - Minnesota Vikings (@Vikings)

Ha ha… I was just browsing around and took a glimpse at these responses. I can’t believe that there’s still this much attention. Thanks for posting about this. shillong teer result

Comment

Working...
    X