Malcolm Butler tries to explain why Bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm Butler tries to explain why Bill

career with the e sentially began in XLIX, Ben Smith Jersey when he picked off goal line slant to preserve their fourth Super Bowl. It ended in Super Bowl LII, when Bill Belichick shockingly benched before their lo s to the , during which they surrendered 41 points. It's been more than a month since that game and we still don't have an explanation behind Butler's benching. Butler hasn't gotten one either. On Wednesday, after signing a monster contract with the in free agency, . In doing so, he revealed that Belichick never provided him with an explanation. Howe reported that Butler hasn't spoken to Belichick since leaving Minnesota. "I never got a reason," Butler told Howe. "I feel like this was the reason. I got kind of sick. I went to the hospital. They probably thought I was kind of late on the game plan; I wasn't as locked in as I should be and could have been a matchup deal. It could have been anything." Butler , Teemu Selanne Jersey but at the time, there weren't any indications that he wouldn't log a single defensive snap in the game. It doesn't sound like Butler is holding any hard feelings, though. He pointed to Belichick's out of nowhere decision to play him back in Super Bowl XLIX as a reason why he "could never question his decision." "But Bill Belichick has been doing this for a very long time," he said. "He took a veteran out of Super Bowl XLIX (against the Seahawks) and put Matt Duchene Jersey in a first-year rookie, and that turned out right, so you could never question his decision. It didn't work out right. It didn't work out the best for me or him or the New England Patriots. But I can say he won more than he lost, so it is what it is. I always have love for New England, Bill Belichick, Mr. Kraft, all those guys. Life just goes on." That's quite the reversal in tone. In the immediate aftermath of the game, "F---. It is what it Carl Soderberg Jersey is," he said at the time. Later, while his teammates, including , publicly supported him. Butler told Howe that "It means a lot," Butler said. "I got several calls from Tom Brady before the Titans contract. After the Super Bowl, I got a couple calls from him. He was really concerned, and he just wanted to know what was going on or whatever."I really appreciate that from him."Now, Butler is a member of the Titans, , which is pretty much the best way to rebound from a devastating Super Bowl. Belichick is left scrambling to fill the voids left by Butler, , and all of whom departed in free agency. Francois Beauchemin Jersey Meanwhile, Brady is chugging beers on late-night TV. As Butler said,

Can I simply say what a relief to search out somebody who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You positively know the best way to bring a difficulty to light and make it important. Extra people need to learn this and perceive this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more fashionable since you undoubtedly have the gift. shillong teer result

Comment

Working...
    X