Colin Kaepernick to donate 1 million to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colin Kaepernick to donate 1 million to

Colin Kaepernick went from sitting alone unnoticed during to being noticed, with teammate Eric Reid during the national anthem with all eyes on him, to pledging $1 million to communities in need. His protest of racial inequality of the U.S. is now more than just symbolic, it's backed by his own money.After the Gerald Henderson Jersey 49ers' preseason finale against the Chargers on Thursday night, Kaepernick announced he plans to donate the first $1 million he earns this year in need to further support the causes he believes in."I've been very ble sed to be in this position and to be able to make the kind of money I do," Kaepernick said. "And I have to help these people. I have to help these communities. It's not right Timothe Luwawu Jersey that they're not put in a position to succeed or given those opportunities to succeed."Colin Kaepernick, on plans to donate $1 million to communities & how today's kneel-protest emerged Cam Inman (@CamInman) Kaepernick also explained why he decided to kneel during the national anthem instead of sitting down."As far as taking a knee tonight, Eric Reid -- as well as myself Maurice Cheeks Jersey -- had a long conversation with Nate Boyer, who is a military vet," Kaepernick said. "And we were talking to him about, 'How can we get the me sage back on track? And Wilt Chamberlain Jersey not take away from the military. ... But keep the focus on what the i sues really are.' "As we talked about it, we came up with taking a knee, because there are i sues that still need to be addre sed. And it was also a way to try to show more respect to the men and women that fight for this country."Before Joel Embiid Jersey the game, Boyer posted a photo to Twitter, Boyer, who previously wrote joined the 49ers on the sideline during During the game, Kaepernick from the crowd night. He ended up piecing together in one half of action. From the start, Kaepernick has maintained he'll continue his protest . And on Thursday, he continued by committing $1 million and getting his me sage back on track.

Hey this is a good post. I’m going to mail this to my friends. I stumbled on this while exploring on yahoo I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. shillong teer result

Comment

Working...
    X