Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to the 'For Sale' section

Hi guys,

Perhaps this is a silly question but how do I get access to the for sale section. Do I have to be a paid member?

Cheers

Cooks

Yes , one off payment , life membership what more do you want .

Comment

Just do it - you'll be giving a little to receive all the greatness of this forum
      sigpic

Comment

Ok - next obvious question.

How much?

Cooks

Comment

Originally posted by Cookies View Post
          Ok - next obvious question.

How much?

Cooks
          £15 for lifetime membership.

Buy here / Info here.
          - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
          - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

I personally think that to pay £15 to access a for sale section is wrong. Would I pay this to view an unknown amount of vehicles, as I expect most cars would be in dealer finance territory and would it encourage a non ds owner to view car's when they have to pay.
            However if I was selling I would expect to pay.

...or am I a tightwad?
            62 Reg DS3 DStyle Plus - Sport Red with Black Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Phil H View Post
              I personally think that to pay £15 to access a for sale section is wrong. Would I pay this to view an unknown amount of vehicles, as I expect most cars would be in dealer finance territory and would it encourage a non ds owner to view car's when they have to pay.

...or am I a tightwad?
              I agree Phil, £15 just to access a for-sale section would be wrong.

That's not what your £15 buys you though, it buys you a lifetime membership to the forum which includes discounts, sets of stickers and access to a number of other areas on the forum.

Unfortunately these places don't just run themselves and there's a lot of time, effort and resources being spent on keeping the community running. If you don't want to pay for that then we're happy for you to continue to use the other features we make available for free
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

...or am I a tightwad?
                £15 is for full membership, the For Sale section is one of the many benefits, see the link I posted earlier for more information.
                - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

The direction I'm coming from is why would you pay as a non ds owner to view cars when they're everywhere over the web. You may not even get one and go for a mini. I'd have access to cars for sale free to encourage new owners of well cared for used models who would then potentially become members. How many cars sell from members to members? Most threads with newbies on seem to be on the lines of just ordered new car, can't recall seeing one saying bought a great car off such and such member.

Comment

The direction I'm coming from is why would you pay as a non ds owner to view cars when they're everywhere over the web. You may not even get pne and go for a min. I'd have access to cars for sale free to encourage new owners of well cared for used models who would then potentially become members. How many cars sell from members to members? Most threads with newbies on seem to be on the lines of just ordered new car, can't recall seeing one saying bought a great car off such and such member.
                    Now I see, that's actually a really good point Phil.

I'll have a chat with Joni tomorrow and get her thoughts on this too.
                    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

The direction I'm coming from is why would you pay as a non ds owner to view cars when they're everywhere over the web. You may not even get one and go for a mini. I'd have access to cars for sale free to encourage new owners of well cared for used models who would then potentially become members. How many cars sell from members to members? Most threads with newbies on seem to be on the lines of just ordered new car, can't recall seeing one saying bought a great car off such and such member.
                      While the 'For Sale' section does occasionally have cars in, the majority of things for sale are DS3 related accessories (wheels / spare parts etc).

I personally think the Full Member price is well worth the money, let's say you keep your car for 18 months, that works out at 83p a month. If you keep it longer then even better value. Even if you are a 'tightwad' as you put it, you can't argue with that value.
                      - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                        Now I see, that's actually a really good point Phil.

I'll have a chat with Joni tomorrow and get her thoughts on this too.
                        The format of this forum was a carbon copy of C2Club - the owner of that set up this forum as he had done that one. We took over 3 years ago and a lot has remained the same, and lots has changed!

I've had many ideas about doing more for external site users, and what they can see. After this busy weekend planned I'll take a look at what we can do.

Always open to ideas and suggestions for the site and welcome feedback

Thank you!
                        My DS3R3... nearly....
                        New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

How about splitting the for sale section to "Cars for sale" open to everyone, and "General For Sale" section for full members?
                          sigpic

Current: DS3 Performance Black Edition
                          Previous: DS3 110Hdi Dsport Plus

Comment

The direction I'm coming from is why would you pay as a non ds owner to view cars when they're everywhere over the web.
                            Do you also moan that flowers from a florist are expensive when you can get them off a lamppost for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                              Do you also moan that flowers from a florist are expensive when you can get them off a lamppost for free?
                              I drive past the crematorium taking the dogs out so got that base covered. (just kidding).

As Soran says...a standalone cars for sale subsection, like members only and all threads moderated before releasing with simple rules...model service history price Nand location. I'll be the first to put mine onn as getting a new one soon.(Once membership paid).
                              Last edited by Phil H; 25-08-2015, 16:32.

Comment

Working...
                              X