Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Issues [Main Thread]

[KNOWN ISSUES]
    - Shoutbox missing - Requires $94 license (beta software only)

-
    Full membership needs a cleanup internally in the database and could probably do with a plug on the forum root.

Forum
    - Attachments missing - Not sure if recoverable, need to try moving from DB to filesystem.

- Noticed that DS3 model no longer shows in the user info to the left of the post. I get that the new site won't be a carbon copy of the old one, but it helps identify people's cars when they post "I have X engine issue" without actually specifying the engine.(Does also not show on profile page.) - Potential change via admin control panel to allow location & custom field to be displayed.

-
    Mark Channels read - Not functional when using the search function from "What's new" (https://www.adminammo.com/articles/v...-channels-read)

Tapatalk
    - PM Function broken
    - Forum tree broken

[RESOLVED]
    -
    PM's - Min/Max character error - PM Setting within admin control panel
    - Login issues - Had to pass through varnish headers using XFF
    -
    Reputation not correct - This doesn't look to have been an issue.
    - '
    What's new' missing - This has been replaced with 'latest activity'
    -
    Online bullet next to the name is always shown as offline - This looks to have been corrected with my changes to XFF headers.
    Mobile
    - Menu item broken - CSS fixed but some stylevars still screwed.

[REQUIRES MORE INFORMATION/TESTING]

- Images not displaying in threads & unable to attach images - This should now be resolved but require users with different usergroups to test. Images moved to DB from filesystem to improve performance.

Please add to the list if you encounter any.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Dangerousfish; 31-08-2017, 12:48.
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Cheers guys, I'll update the main post in the morning from work and work my way through them.

Keep em coming
    cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Main thread updated.

Joni's made me aware of a few bugs this morning from whatsapp, facebook, etc..

It'll make it much easier for me if we keep stuff contained to this thread so that I don't overlook anything.

Some of the features you guys miss, it's possible that I'll be able to restore them or put them somewhere else. But remember, not all change is bad

Some features might be irretrievable, it's an unfortunate price but you've gotta admit, the new site looks pretty swish so far :oP
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

PM's are fixed.
        cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Oh.. fixed a smiley it seems Looks like I need to update the filepaths.
          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Edit is available a few minutes after posting to allow for any mistakes to be corrected.
            cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Thanks for the testing too today guys. I'm gonna take a few shots at different bits over the weekend.

For those of you who saw a few errors with the styling today, I'll pretend those were intentional and you need say no more about them =)

I'm purging posts as I update the first post in this thread so don't be offended if something you've written disappears. It's just in the interest of keeping everything as concise as I can.

Thanks again for all the help and kind words.
              cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

No idea why PM replies reverted themselves. It's a setting that allows me to set a min and a max # of chars.

Min is currently 0 with max set at 99999.

It's corrected again now but please let me know if this reverts again as this would hint at an automated job.
                cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Blue
                  weird option to have as a member.lol
                  Just another on site perk you can have Vs prestige Better than some sites that that only let you post about 5 times overall before you have to pay to join in further!

With regards to the load dates, I think they have changed this version so it's not a drop down option for us to change easily - and it just needs some coding done behind the scenes. Until then, you can click the 'go to post' option if viewing the latest activity (under the text preview from the thread) and it will take you to that one, and if viewing in latest activity - this will inevitably be the last post in that thread (most up to date)

You can also apply the whats new to sub forums - so you should see this tab on each forum you open - DS Chat, DS3 Mods etc
                  My DS3R3... nearly....
                  New? Click HERE for some useful threads.

Comment

What's happened to the "new posts" & "mark forums read" functions? Without these a forum is, for me, more or less unusable.

"What's new" as it stands is pointless - it just links to individual posts, not the thread they are posted in.

I'll come back in a week or so to see if things have improved . . . if not, I'm outa here.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      What's happened to the "new posts" & "mark forums read" functions? Without these a forum is, for me, more or less unusable.

"What's new" as it stands is pointless - it just links to individual posts, not the thread they are posted in.

I'll come back in a week or so to see if things have improved . . . if not, I'm outa here.
                      Not the response I expected.

Had you taken the time to read the previous responses in this thread, you'd know that the "new posts" section has been relocated. This is the same for a lot of features, things change ya'know?

"What's new?" - Now allows you to see the latest post in a thread and from that same link to navigate to either the original post or the latest comment.

If you're back here in a week and can be bothered to do something productive other than complain, you'll also find the "Mark channels read" button is at the bottom of any forum/channel you visit.

Instead of having such a negative outlook on the changes, try asking questions and making suggestions. You're likely to get a more pleasant response in future if you follow these simple rules:

- Check the feature you want isn't already available.
                      - Check you're up to speed on the context of a discussion.
                      - Write a reply that is helpful, adds context, is funny or useful.
                      Last edited by Dangerousfish; 22-08-2017, 10:53.
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

A bit harsh Dave! Liam is working damn hard to update and improve the site. Your comments aren't helpful in any way and if that's your attitude, don't bother coming back at all.
                        DS3 DSport eHDi 145 - Stage 1 with K&N - Shark Grey & Infinite Blue​​​​​​

Comment

Well said both liam and funky, every single person on this forum appreciates the hardwork and effort that both liam and joni have put in since the move and yes teething problems are to be expected, like i had, but it was rectified quickly enough with a simple message to liam! Instead of putting derogartory comments just ask people if you have an issue! Jeez!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Or - can you ask politely for us to look into these points?

NOTHING is set in stone as the forum stands - as you can see from this thread, Liam is working on ot only fixing errors but implementing changes and suggestions put forward by you guys. So negative and rude posts when we all know this is work in progress is no help to anyone! And REALLY unfair.

This change of the forum was also out of necessity - we didn't just think one day - hey, lets spend hours messing about with the forum, late nights, get work collages involved, spend money for no reason.

The old version of the forum had hit a brick wall with updates and changes, so rather than let it slowly get worse with bugs we can't patch, and becuase we are dedicated to the site and you guys we chose to upgrade and continue to provide the best site we can.

As I said, nothing is set, and this thread is to ask for feedback and bug fixes. We can take on board suggestions and see what we can do to implement them. We are not going to just sit back and say 'wellll, that's the upgrade done, let's just leave it as it is and hope people get used to it'

The amount of hours Liam has put into this behind the scenes is awesome, and your post really mean given all the effort he is going too.

My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

In other news, things I like so far:
                              • Pop out PM's, so its like a chat box with that person
                              • The ability to add an image from a URL AND then decide on the size it appears as!
                              • Wayyyy less messy to edit a thread without adding commands likeone click and its done, as it does when using something like Word.

Oh..... I've been tasked with expanding the smilies library, so be warned! Unicorns and cider on the way!!
                              My DS3R3... nearly....

Comment

Working...
                              X