Problem seeing new posts, and editing posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem seeing new posts, and editing posts

Recently (in last month or so?) I've noticed that, when I contribute to a thread or start a new one, it no longer shows up when I click on What's New. The thread disappears altogether from What's New until someone else posts to that thread, when it reappears (until I reply, when it disappears again!). I've not changed any of my settings.

Also, I can post without any problems, but if I try to edit one of my posts, nothing happens when I try to save the edits. Tried lots of times (dodgy spelling etc) but I just can't seem to edit posts anymore.

Any suggestions for a cure?

Pester Liam - he is the Forum Fixer, the Ray Donovan of the forum software if you like....
    sigpic

Comment

Recently (in last month or so?) I've noticed that, when I contribute to a thread or start a new one, it no longer shows up when I click on What's New. The thread disappears altogether from What's New until someone else posts to that thread, when it reappears (until I reply, when it disappears again!). I've not changed any of my settings.
      This is how it's supposed to work. There was an issue with What's new shortly after the migration which has now been resolved.

Also, I can post without any problems, but if I try to edit one of my posts, nothing happens when I try to save the edits. Tried lots of times (dodgy spelling etc) but I just can't seem to edit posts anymore.
      I've not seen anybody else suffering similar symptoms and there's nothing in your user profile that differs from anybody else.

Could you try clearing your browser cache, restarting your browser and trying this again please?
      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Liam, 10 minutes to fix this. Thanks. X
        C2 GT #2003

LIFE HAS RULES & SO DO THESE FORUMS.... DS3Club rules: Click Here

Comment

Ah it's in the hands of the user now though not :bow: Liam
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
            This is how it's supposed to work. There was an issue with What's new shortly after the migration which has now been resolved.
            Cheers, Liam - so everyone else can see that there's a new post, but not the poster?

I've not seen anybody else suffering similar symptoms and there's nothing in your user profile that differs from anybody else.

Could you try clearing your browser cache, restarting your browser and trying this again please?
            Will try using a different browser - should have thought of that first, really!

Edit - different browser working AOK - Firefox fail!

Comment

I preferred the old way too Gar ! Us Veterans are getting on a bit xD

Comment

just move to xenForo
                Simon

Peugeot 208 GTi Prestige - Orange Power

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                  Cheers, Liam - so everyone else can see that there's a new post, but not the poster?
                  Exactly!

The theory behind it is that as the poster you should be aware that you've just posted a thread which you're automatically directed to once you've posted. When that happens, you've "read" the thread so the database marks it as read.

As other users won't have clicked the link to read your thread yet this will still show as a new post to them.

Glad you got it sorted
                  cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by ZACK View Post
                    I preferred the old way too Gar ! Us Veterans are getting on a bit xD
                    lol. And stuck in our ways, eh old timer?

It was all OK until Liam fiddled with it (probably not the first time that's been said, eh Liam? )

The theory behind it is that as the poster you should be aware that you've just posted a thread which you're automatically directed to once you've posted.
                    The only flaw in your logic is the assumption that I can remember what I've done from one minute to the next!
                    Last edited by gar074; 16-08-2013, 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by gar074 View Post
                      l
                      The only flaw in your logic is the assumption that I can remember what I've done from one minute to the next!
                      Pebcak
                      cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Pebcak
                        Sadly, yes!

Comment

You just cant get the staff can yer
                          sigpic
                          Jog on Noddy

Comment

Working...