New AV Setup for New Mancave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New AV Setup for New Mancave

As il be back in blighty in 15 days, its time to start planning the new mancave.

Ive already (with the help of my design student daughter) sorted out wall colours and other niffnaff like lighting, switches blah blah blah but the most important thing is (apart from my gaming and media PCs) is the Av setup.

Its not a huge room so I'm going for a 40" TV over something larger like the Panasonic VIERA TX50CX802B I have in the main room. I'm looking at another Panasonic (I am familiar with the menu etc) like the Panasonic VIERA TX40CX680B.

With that il match a CAMBRIDGE TV5 soundbase and probably the PS4 from the main room. I love the Q Acoustics Media 4 Soundbar I have in the main room but I think anything that powerful would be overkill.

So, the problem I'm left with is if I move the PS4 to the mancave, what Blu-ray player do I replace it with in the mainroom?

Suggestions?

Another PS4 or an Xbox One.
    - DS3 DSport Plus - THP 155 - Belle-ile Blue with Perla Nera Black Roof -
    - DS3Club Discord -

Comment

Originally posted by BeefMasta View Post
      Another PS4 or an Xbox One.
      il play FIFA or my daughter play Last of Us or GTA but for proper gaming I use my PC, lo-res and lo fps on the new consoles breaks me.

Comment

I would suggest matching the TV and Bluray player as the ease of menus and using one remote is usually guaranteed, something at the appropriate level to your previous Panasonic purchase. However, I matched my AV amp to my Bluray player because sound was as important as picture and ease of use. Hope this gives you some ideas.
        Last edited by JEZDS3; 26-01-2016, 21:12.
        LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
          I would suggest matching the TV and Bluray player as the ease of menus and using one remote is usually guaranteed, something at the appropriate level to your previous Panasonic purchase. However, I matched my AV amp to my Bluray player because sound was as important as picture and ease of use. Hope this gives you some ideas.
          The 40" is not that lower down the scale than the 50", no 3D and slower processor but as it wont be the main TV for bluerays its not an issue, hence why the Cambridge and not another M4 Soundbar to go with the PS4
          Ive read some very good stuff on the SONY BDPS7200,

Comment

Blu ray players by the big three, i.e. Panasonic,Sony,Samsung would be a wise choice.
            LA PETITE FUSEE / THE LITTLE ROCKET

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JEZDS3 View Post
              Blu ray players by the big three, i.e. Panasonic,Sony,Samsung would be a wise choice.
              Yeh, il have a browse for some reviews I think. Ive spent far too much time working during work time.
              I have a Richer Sounds not too far from me so il pop down when I'm home and have a look. That Sony does get good reviews.

Comment

What's your PSN ID SfG ? Mine is lfcrule1972
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                  What's your PSN ID SfG ? Mine is lfcrule1972
                  Good question, well presented, il have to check.
                  I'm X-PEGASUS-ONE on STEAM.

Comment

PM it to me if you prefer
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lfcrule1972 View Post
                      PM it to me if you prefer
                      No idea what it is, never used my PS4 online. All my online gaming is done with the PC, il ask my daughter, I think she plays GTA online.

Comment

Ok, to resurrect a much neglected post, im looking at moving the Panasonic VIERA TX50CX802B from the main room into the mancave and replacing it with a Panasonic VIERA TX55CX802B (bigger screen).

SFG Towers is currently a busy place, wine delivery for this Saturdays housewarming party. Landscapers removing the back garden and replacing it with astro-turf plus me armed with roller and brush in the mancave.
                        Last edited by Superfly Guy; 22-02-2016, 15:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly Guy View Post
                          SFG Towers is currently a bust place, wine delivery for this Saturdays housewarming party. Landscapers removing the back garden and replacing it with astro-turf plus me armed with roller and brush in the mancave.
                          Any idea when invites are being posted out, ours haven't arrived yet.
                          cyclone> Fish is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Dangerousfish View Post
                            Any idea when invites are being posted out, ours haven't arrived yet.
                            The clue was in the post, 'wine delivery', so none of you northern types .

Comment

Nuff said

Comment

Working...
                              X